Windows 10: Random crashes with no error in event log after installing new OS Boot SSD with Windows 11

Discus and support Random crashes with no error in event log after installing new OS Boot SSD with Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A few weeks ago I decided to exchange my M.2 Boot SSD for a new one and did a fresh installation of Windows 11. Ever since I have been getting random... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mike Sinning, May 31, 2023.

1. Random crashes with no error in event log after installing new OS Boot SSD with Windows 11

A few weeks ago I decided to exchange my M.2 Boot SSD for a new one and did a fresh installation of Windows 11. Ever since I have been getting random crashes, regardless of what I am doing watching YouTube, gaming, or PC sitting idle. When it crashes there is no blue screen - it just freezes with whatever was up - and will eventually reboot itself after a few minutes. Initially I was getting a NetBT 4311 error in the event logs, for which I did a network reset via command prompt to force reinstall network drivers and has seemed to have fixed the specific error, but am still getting crashes s

:)

Mike Sinning, May 31, 2023
  2. odddray Win User

random shutdown problem in event log

im expierenceing random shutdowns when playing games but the wierd part is is that the mouse stays on and the keybaord. and when i wiggle the mouse the computer boots up.

would this weird error be an error in the the event log.
    if so what would it be under????

odddray, May 31, 2023
  3. 2BearArmy Win User
    Random Disappearing/Reappearing SSD on Boot

Config:

ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Gen 3
    OWC Mercury Extreme Pro 6G 480GB SSD
    Corsair 850W PSU
    2x HD 6950 GPU's

My desktop has a 480GB SSD main drive (OS and games), and two secondary HDD's for media storage.

I have had no issues with this SSD, until I tried to add a second video card to my system, and subsequently had to remove it. After a couple re-installs and finally getting the Crossfire to work, I am still in this broken state.

Symptom:

If I put my computer to sleep, restart, power down, it is a complete gamble as to whether or not the system will see the boot drive. What is consistent, is that after a seemingly random interval, it will eventually see the drive and boot straight to windows.

Troubleshooting Steps:

• Reset Bios
    • Removed all other options for bootable devices
    • Re-installed Windows
    • Updated all OS drivers
    • Updated firmware for both the MoBo bios and the SSD.
    • Replaced all SATA cables
    • Moved to another SATA controller port
    • Switched power cables
    • SSDLife came back saying the drive is healthy
    I am literally out of ideas at this point, and the issue is extremely annoying. Sometimes my boot times are 30 seconds (if it sees the drive) sometimes it's 20 minutes (constant reboots until it sees the drive).

Anyone have any other ideas, or have seen this before?

2BearArmy, May 31, 2023
  4. 09B
    09b Win User

Random crashes with no error in event log after installing new OS Boot SSD with Windows 11

window 11 can't boot after install new ssd m2

hello, im using window 11 but when i install new ssd, window can't boot with error " an operating system wasn't found. all of my disk are list in bios, i try chosse disk with window to boot but it doesn't work. but when i remove new ssd, everything work fine. already try with window 10 and it work too so i think it's win 11 problem. can u guy help me pls.

Thema:

Random crashes with no error in event log after installing new OS Boot SSD with Windows 11

1. Random crashes with no error in event log after installing new OS Boot SSD with Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Random crashes error

2. Installing new OS on new SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing new OS on new SSD.: I have Windows 10 on a separate SSD that has failed. I’d like to simply install a new SSD, and also the most up-to-date Windows OS. Since the current OS is on a failing, non-bootable drive, how do I install a new OS on a clean drive? I am not aware of any bootable OS’s on any...
  3. Installing new OS on new SSD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing new OS on new SSD.: I have Windows 10 on a separate SSD that has failed. I’d like to simply install a new SSD, and also the most up-to-date Windows OS. Since the current OS is on a failing, non-bootable drive, how do I install a new OS on a clean drive? I am not aware of any bootable OS’s on any...
  4. Installing new OS on new SSD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random crashes with no error in event log after installing new OS Boot SSD with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random crashes with no error in event log after installing new OS Boot SSD with Windows 11: A few weeks ago I decided to exchange my M.2 Boot SSD for a new one and did a fresh installation of Windows 11. Ever since I have been getting random crashes, regardless of what I am doing watching YouTube, gaming, or PC sitting idle. When it crashes there is no blue screen -...
  6. Random Crashes after installing new SSD and fresh Win 11 OS install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Crashes after installing new SSD and fresh Win 11 OS install: A few weeks ago I decided to exchange my M.2 Boot SSD for a new one and did a fresh installation of Windows 11. Ever since I have been getting random crashes, regardless of what I am doing watching YouTube, gaming, or PC sitting idle. When it crashes there is no blue screen -...
  7. Random Crashes after installing new SSD and fresh Win 11 OS install

Random Crashes after installing new SSD and fresh Win 11 OS install: A few weeks ago I decided to exchange my M.2 Boot SSD for a new one and did a fresh installation of Windows 11. Ever since I have been getting random crashes, regardless of what I am doing watching YouTube, gaming, or PC sitting idle. When it crashes there is no blue screen -...
  8. window 11 can't boot after install new ssd m2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window 11 can't boot after install new ssd m2: hello, im using window 11 but when i install new ssd, window can't boot with error " an operating system wasn't found. all of my disk are list in bios, i try chosse disk with window to boot but it doesn't work. but when i remove new ssd, everything work fine. already try with...
  9. window 11 can't boot after install new ssd m2

window 11 can't boot after install new ssd m2: hello, im using window 11 but when i install new ssd, window can't boot with error " an operating system wasn't found. all of my disk are list in bios, i try chosse disk with window to boot but it doesn't work. but when i remove new ssd, everything work fine. already try with...
  10. New Error in Event Log

in Windows 10 Support
    New Error in Event Log: Anybody know how to fix this issue please? The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239} and APPID {316CDED5-E4AE-4B15-9113-7055D84DCC97} to the user...