Windows 10: Random crashes with seemingly no fix

Discus and support Random crashes with seemingly no fix in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A brief run down of my situation, in the most logical way I can present it: Built a gaming PC running Windows 10 about a year ago. Smooth sailing, no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Iluvatar343, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Random crashes with seemingly no fix

A brief run down of my situation, in the most logical way I can present it:

1. Built a gaming PC running Windows 10 about a year ago. Smooth sailing, no real issues, but totally forgot to format my extra internal hard drive.
    2. Finally reached a point where I needed the extra space, formatted the drive, began transferring some things over (games and some data files related to school). I'll note that during this process I also attempted to install TeamViewer, which failed twice and caused a reboot both times. I didn't think much of it at this point.
    3. Computer now consistently crashes after bootup. The longest it's gone without crashing is ~20 minutes, but it's typically much faster. Most of the time, there will be an automatic reboot, but this step also sometimes freezes and forces a manual shutdown. Crashes typically occur while playing a game (Halo MCC, in this instance) but have also occurred without running anything nearly that intense.
    4. So far I have attempted reverting to an earlier state and re-installing Windows 10 entirely. I've totally deleted all TeamViewer files as well as uninstalled another program (Origin) that was coming up as crashing in the Reliability History. I've also checked and rechecked all connections within the PC, and all seem to be fine.

At this point, I've resorted to manually digging through the Event Viewer in the hopes of finding the cause of the issue. Unfortunately, the only two events marked as 'critical' or 'error' are as follows:

1. Event ID 41 | Critical
    2. Event ID 6008 | Error

Unfortunately, both of these items seem to be warnings that happen after the crash on subsequent reboot, and from my understanding provide no real insight as to the original crash. Some googling suggested driver issues could be the cause of EID 41, but everything is up to date. As for EID 6008, it's nothing more than a vague notice about an unexpected shutdown (no duh).

There are seven other items that reached the 'warning' level; six instances of EID 10016 and one of EID 27. These seem to be related to network issues, and I've yet to find any sort of link online between these warnings and the crashes my PC is experiencing. All other events are simply marked 'information', and I fully admit that much of what they contain is above my paygrade in terms of computer knowledge.

I've included a link below where the full log of the latest crash can be accessed (note that this is just one instance, but the same critical / error / warning events have been consistently appearing). If anyone has any sort of advice on this front, or could provide some guidance as to interpreting the event log, it would much appreciated. As is, I'm a bit at my wit's end.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1k_lxABZhOipPV80z-Pnl9_jAOx64B-mi

submitted by /u/Iluvatar343
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Iluvatar343, Jan 2, 2020

2. Seemingly Random BSoD

Hello,

I bought a Laptop about six months ago, and immediatly expirienced crashes. They happen seemingly at random. No matter what I'm doing, and the error on the BSoD has given a variaty of reasons over the months. I've done two or three clean installs of windows
    10 and try to keep all my drivers updated. Althrough, I do this through via a program - DriverEasy.

Hope you can help.

MajorMediocre, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

Naki, Jan 2, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

Random crashes with seemingly no fix

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

Random crashes with seemingly no fix

1. Random crashes with seemingly no fix - Similar Threads - Random crashes seemingly

2. Seemingly random crashes. Kernel 41,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seemingly random crashes. Kernel 41,: Hi!I've been encountering seemingly random shutdowns. By random I mean it happens when I play games, when I just browse the internet or even when I'm doing literally nothing. It sometimes doesn't happen for a couple of days and sometimes like today it happens 3 times in just...
  3. Seemingly random crashes. Kernel 41,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seemingly random crashes. Kernel 41,: Hi!I've been encountering seemingly random shutdowns. By random I mean it happens when I play games, when I just browse the internet or even when I'm doing literally nothing. It sometimes doesn't happen for a couple of days and sometimes like today it happens 3 times in just...
  4. PC crashes seemingly random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes seemingly random: Over the last day, I have had 2 crashes. Here are the DMP files for them https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmlJf6s-PCrWhCVDEZsvGJ6AuiBK?e=kPjk7Ithe first one happened when i left my computer idle watching a twitch stream, and the other one happened while using microsoft paint....
  5. PC crashes seemingly random

PC crashes seemingly random: Over the last day, I have had 2 crashes. Here are the DMP files for them https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmlJf6s-PCrWhCVDEZsvGJ6AuiBK?e=kPjk7Ithe first one happened when i left my computer idle watching a twitch stream, and the other one happened while using microsoft paint....
  6. PC crashes seemingly random

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. PC crashes seemingly randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes seemingly randomly: Hello,my PC crashes randomly for now 2 weeks, usually while playing different games like Naraka Bladepoint or Apex Legends but also while only watching youtube and chatting with friends.Every time I notice that it does not react to my inputs anymore and I just have to wait a...
  8. PC crashes seemingly randomly

PC crashes seemingly randomly: Hello,my PC crashes randomly for now 2 weeks, usually while playing different games like Naraka Bladepoint or Apex Legends but also while only watching youtube and chatting with friends.Every time I notice that it does not react to my inputs anymore and I just have to wait a...
  9. PC crashes seemingly randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Random crashes and (seemingly) related issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Random crashes and (seemingly) related issues: I've been experiencing for a while an issue where my laptop will randomly freeze completely. At that point I'm left with no alternative but to hard reboot the laptop by holding the power button. Usually when this happens, any sound that might have been playing will freeze as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. event log 6008 windows 10