Windows 10: Random Crashes with various errors (Bugcheck, Kernel, volgmgr) and freezes and hangs of...

Discus and support Random Crashes with various errors (Bugcheck, Kernel, volgmgr) and freezes and hangs of... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Since the start of the week I have been suffering random crashes on my computer: screen will go black (no BSOD) and after a while the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HéctorGuerra Moral, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Random Crashes with various errors (Bugcheck, Kernel, volgmgr) and freezes and hangs of...

Hi,

Since the start of the week I have been suffering random crashes on my computer: screen will go black (no BSOD) and after a while the computer will restart itself. Checking the Event Viewer the most common error is BugCheck.

No hardware changes had been done in this time period and the only software change I can think of is the installation of the new After Effects version.

Even before this I have been experiencing frezees on the computer specially when starting Chrome, the program might start inmediatly but crash or frezee the start menuu for it to start after 30s (opening as many windows as times I've clicked the icon).

VLC will crash (although this might be related simply with playing large .mov video files with low compression) and After Effects apart from ocassional chrases will sometimes give an error message when closing: string memory leak (83::2)​

My attemps to this moment have been, clear cmos and restart BIOS settings, check all cables are connected correctly inside the system and removing my second graphics card (this seems to have mitigated the problem somehow, but I still got a crash after this). The system has been working correctly for over a month Monday-Friday 8+ hours editing video.

Full Specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Elite x570

Ryzen 2700

2x 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz (XMP profile 3000 is activated, Dual Channel)

Nvidia RTX 2070 Super (Driver 436.48, two monitors connecet through DP)

Nvidia GTX 980 (This is the card I have removed from the system, same driver as above)
    850W Corsair RMX Power Supply
    2x NVME Adata s8200 SSD's (Windows 10 installed in one of those, not in RAID)

The two GPUs gave me some trouble at first, but as said they had been working correctly the last month or so. after I assigned an specific GPU to certain software (already did to the new AE version).

Hope you can help, if a minidump or any more info is needed please ask. Thanks a lot!

Héctor

:)

HéctorGuerra Moral, Nov 8, 2019
  2. vinsterX Win User

Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Eyfos권 Win User
    Random freez/crash on laptop

Hello.

I have random crashes after reinstalling Windows on my Acer VN7-792G, during 3D use such as games. Image and sound just block, the only thing I can do is to force shutdown the laptop with power button.

I performed a clean install of Windows 10 using Microsoft's iso, I reinstalled all the drivers (and did not update them) provided by Acer's website using the serial number of the laptop. The components seem clean as well,
    temperatures are variable but still correct, even when using High definitions in games.

I updated the BIOS to the latest version, still on Acer's website.

The laptop has airflow (ie. not ontop of a table or bed), it's not that hot outside. Always on High performance mode.

I tried setting max CPU's usage to 99% : crash, 100% : crash.

Coolboost on: crash, Coolboost off : crash.

HDD test came clear, but Memory stucks everytime I try to test it. Using Windows memory test and memtest86.

Full spec :

Random Crashes with various errors (Bugcheck, Kernel, volgmgr) and freezes and hangs of... [​IMG]

SLI désactivé = SLI disabled

Nvidia driver : 359.37

BIOS version : 1.09

Temperatures go up to ~70-80°c for GPU/Motherboard, ~50-60°c for the CPU.

Looking at Windows logs events just after a crash, it seems a pattern keeps repeating, it is generally :

• Warning 19/08/2016 17:00:25 Kernel-Processor-Power (Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power) 37 (7)
    • Warning 19/08/2016 17:00:25 Kernel-Processor-Power (Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power) 37 (7)
    (Details on warnings : The speed of processor X in group X is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for X seconds since the last report.)

then

• Error 19/08/2016 17:24:15 EventLog 6008 None
    then

• Critical 19/08/2016 17:24:08 Kernel-Power 41 (63)
    (Details on critical : The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.)

I USED to play games on Very High def. few months ago, and now it is barely playable on Medium.

Games tested are Dota 2 (crash on High), GTA V (crash on Low). I used to play both games at max settings.

Sometimes it doesn't crash after 40min of Ultra Settings, sometimes it crash after 5min of Medium settings etc..

I could provide any information if it could make someone have a clue about this. I'm starting to get desperate..

Eyfos권, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Random Crashes with various errors (Bugcheck, Kernel, volgmgr) and freezes and hangs of...

7900 gt random freeze and random crash

so i was oc'ing my 7900's vmodded em oc'd em to like 700 and went to stress testing, the oddest thing happened, the computer not only froze but just shut off. it didn't hang or anything just shut down? so i brought the core down and was happily gaming till i upgraded to those new drivers the modded 97 series, now i've got random freezes that go away after a few seconds and random crashes as well? i've since went back to the old drivers buti 'm not sure the problem is gone, does anybody have any input on this??

psychomage343, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Random Crashes with various errors (Bugcheck, Kernel, volgmgr) and freezes and hangs of...

1. Random Crashes with various errors (Bugcheck, Kernel, volgmgr) and freezes and hangs of... - Similar Threads - Random Crashes various

2. Windows Randomly Freezes/Hangs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Randomly Freezes/Hangs: About once or twice a day, my computer randomly hangs or freezes and it's super annoying. This problem started happening after reinstalling windows onto my new SSD from my hard drive. I have updated windows and reinstalled graphics drivers. I've used HWiNFO64 and it all...
  3. Random BSODs - Various errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSODs - Various errors: Hello, I have a custom build PC built in July 2019, which up until 1 month ago was running fine. Since then I've been experiencing multiple BSOD crashes repeatedly. Problem; Random BSOD crashes. These can occur any time from playing games, to watching youtube, to leaving...
  4. Hardware Error - Code 144+ Random Hangs/Freezes

Hardware Error - Code 144+ Random Hangs/Freezes: Hello, A couple of issues are recurring with my PC including: Random hangs/freezes - Screen will freeze and computer will stop receiving input + any audio playing will also freeze and buzz continuously until the computer is forcibly shutdown by holding the power button...
  5. Sims 4 is crashing randomly with various Breakpoint errors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sims 4 is crashing randomly with various Breakpoint errors.: I am running The Sims 4 on my Surface Pro 6 and am running into an issue where it randomly crashes the game. I was previously running the game fine on this computer but I just purchased more expansion packs for the game and now when I try to play it randomly laggs out and...
  6. Browsers Hang, Freeze And Crash

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers Hang, Freeze And Crash: I'm at the end of the rope on trying to solve this problem. I am using a Dell XPS-17 L702X laptop with 8GB of DDR3 RAM and two internal drives, 500GB each. I have 408 GB of free space on the OS drive, which is Drive C. I am running a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro x64....
  7. Various BSODs, Crashes and Freezes

Various BSODs, Crashes and Freezes: Hello. Ive been experiencing a number of different crashes, freezes and BSOD's and im not entirely sure of the cause. Examples of BSODs ive encountered: Interrupt_Exception_Not_Handled, Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area, Kmode_Exception_Not_Handled,...
  8. Random Freeze/Hang (NO BSOD)

Random Freeze/Hang (NO BSOD): This freeze/hang has been going on randomly for months (I believe setting in after the Fall Creators Update; I'd deferred that one but it forced itself through 1/13/2018). Keyboard and mouse stop functioning, and music stops playing too. I can only get it back up and...
  9. Various BSODs/crashes at random times

Various BSODs/crashes at random times: I'm getting varying bluescreens and sometimes even crashes at random times. When these crashes occur, my screen just goes black and Windows starts normally as if nothing had happened, without leaving a dump file, whereas the bluescreens always leave one behind. The most...
  10. Random hang/lock/freezing (sort of)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random hang/lock/freezing (sort of): I have read a thread or five via a Google search about random freezing with Windows 10, but none of their symptoms match mine, so I thought I'd post a new thread. I'm getting random system freezes or hangs which prevent me from opening apps or programs and clicking on the...