Windows 10: Random CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION BSODs

Discus and support Random CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION BSODs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Altruistic troubleshooters, Lately I've been feeling blue. Blue screened to death specifically. I need your help. This is my first time ever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JuliusMariani, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Random CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION BSODs

Altruistic troubleshooters,

Lately I've been feeling blue. Blue screened to death specifically. I need your help.

This is my first time ever posting a computer problem to Al Gore's Internet. Usually I'm the nerd others go to for help, but this is above my nerd rank. I have been humbled. I hang my head in shame.

That said, here goes my distress call:

I started getting daily BSODs in late December with the following error message: CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION
    WinDBG shows: "CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION (109)

This bugcheck is generated when the kernel detects that critical kernel code or data have been corrupted."

These BSODs occur randomly when watching movies, playing music, gaming (simple or complex), or just surfing the Web. Sometimes it occurs 5 minutes after boot and sometimes after hours of use. I'll load up the CPU with a video compression task and it does the job. Then I'll read a static web page and it explodes. I haven't been able to discern any sort of pattern. I can always get it to BSOD when watching a Blu-Ray, but it happens at random times during the movie.

A full run of MemTest86 shows no discoverable errors with RAM.

Most of the hardware in the box is a few years old. It was rock solid on Windows 7 for years. In Sept 2015, I bought an SSD (Samsung 850 EVO) and installed Windows 10. It ran without errors until late December 2015 when this BSOD business started. There were no hardware changes at that time and no new software (other than Windows updates) was installed around that time either.

I feel like this is either a hardware problem (but not heat, the water flows cool) or a driver issue. I did have to use several Windows 8 drivers for my old hardware that doesn't have Windows 10 drivers available for it. The only potentially dodgy driver I had to install was for my Auzentech Prelude soundcard: Daniel_K's Official Blog: SB X-Fi Series Support Pack 3.4

Take a look and let me know your ideas.

Your time and expertise is much appreciated.

:)

JuliusMariani, Feb 14, 2016

2. CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION BSOD error message on Windows 10.

Original title: BSOD CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION on Windows 10?

Hello. Recently, I've met many BSOD with message: CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION. I don't know which caused it. Here is the dump file:
    http://1drv.ms/1NjuKAV

Vinh Quang Tran, Feb 14, 2016
  3. Getting Critical_structure_corruption (tcpip/sys) BSOD on Windows 10 computer

Old title: critical_structure_corruption (tcpip/sys)

Hi,

I keeping getting a random BSOD with "critical_structure_corruption (tcpip/sys)" as the reason. I then have to wait approximately 10 seconds during which time Microsoft are collecting information about the error. This seemed to be introduced after the last
    Windows update Tuesday. I couldn't find the cause so did a system restore and all was fine again until the following morning when Microsoft automatically installed the updates again. A rollback doesn't fix the problem now.

When are Microsoft going to fix it for me?

I have got an old-ish motherboard who's latest BIOS update was 2010 so I can't help but think this may be the reason. I've tried everything else.

Any ideas?

Paul1958007, Feb 14, 2016
  4. Random CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION BSODs

Do you play any games on the PC ?

And any software installed like "Steam Games"

tanujchadha, Feb 14, 2016
  5. Yes, I game on it. I run the Steam client only when playing Steam games (which I have too many of).

6. This game seems to be causing the error: LA Noire

Can you try to reinstall it

tanujchadha, Feb 14, 2016
  7. Yes, I am uninstalling it now.

Afterwards I'll reboot then play a Blu-Ray movie to test.

I will report back afterwards.

8. axe0 New Member

Random CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION BSODs

Remove TrueCrypt, it hasn't been updated since it isn't supported anymore.
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for truecrypt.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for truecrypt.sys[/quote] Remove Bitdefender while troubleshooting and use Windows Defender as alternative
    Uninstall Bitdefender
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for gzflt.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for gzflt.sys[/quote] From where did you get the settings of driver verifier?
    Code: 0: kd> !verifier Verify Flags Level 0x03a1efbb STANDARD FLAGS: [X] (0x00000000) Automatic Checks [X] (0x00000001) Special pool [X] (0x00000002) Force IRQL checking [X] (0x00000008) Pool tracking [X] (0x00000010) I/O verification [X] (0x00000020) Deadlock detection [X] (0x00000080) DMA checking [X] (0x00000100) Security checks [X] (0x00000800) Miscellaneous checks [ ] (0x00020000) DDI compliance checking ADDITIONAL FLAGS: [ ] (0x00000004) Randomized low resources simulation [X] (0x00000200) Force pending I/O requests [X] (0x00000400) IRP logging [X] (0x00002000) Invariant MDL checking for stack [X] (0x00004000) Invariant MDL checking for driver [X] (0x00008000) Power framework delay fuzzing [ ] (0x00040000) Systematic low resources simulation [ ] (0x00080000) DDI compliance checking (additional) [X] (0x00200000) NDIS/WIFI verification [X] (0x00800000) Kernel synchronization delay fuzzing [X] (0x01000000) VM switch verification RESERVED FLAGS (use of these flags is unsupported): [X] (0x00010000) Unused or reserved flag [X] (0x02000000) Unused or reserved flag [X] Indicates flag is enabled Summary of All Verifier Statistics RaiseIrqls 0x19 AcquireSpinLocks 0x10 Synch Executions 0x0 Trims 0x18 Pool Allocations Attempted 0x6579 Pool Allocations Succeeded 0x6579 Pool Allocations Succeeded SpecialPool 0x6579 Pool Allocations With NO TAG 0x0 Pool Allocations Failed 0x0 Current paged pool allocations 0x12 for 000026EA bytes Peak paged pool allocations 0x13 for 00002776 bytes Current nonpaged pool allocations 0x79 for 00223F15 bytes Peak nonpaged pool allocations 0x79 for 00223F15 bytes[/quote]

9. I removed the game, rebooted, then played a Blu-ray movie. BSOD occurred.

The computer did BSOD a few weeks back while playing that game. That must have been what you saw in the logs, but I don't think it's related to that game.

JuliusMariani, Feb 15, 2016
  10. Thanks for the response.

[/quote] I heard about TrueCrypt having known security issues. I need to switch to another program once I find one that works across Windows, Linux, and Android...any suggestions?
    Is that in any way related to the BSODs?

[/quote] I'm removing Bitdefender now. I removed it before thinking it might be the problem, but was unable to get Windows Defender to run (the service would auto-stop after starting). I need to work on that some more to get Defender to run. Even after removing Bitdefender, Windows thinks there is AntiVirus installed and won't run Defender. Will probably have to tweak something in the registry.

[/quote] I followed the instructions here: Driver Verifier-- tracking down a mis-behaving driver. - Microsoft Community
    After doing this and rebooting, the system came back with a BSOD driver error on trufos.sys. I read that this is used by Bitdefender. I removed Bitdefender but was then having issues with Windows Defender running, so I reinstalled BitDefender.

Okay, Bitdefender has been removed. I will reboot and run the Blu-Ray again to see if it BSODs. I'll respond back afterwards.

JuliusMariani, Feb 15, 2016
  11. After removing BitDefender and rebooting (running no antivirus whatsoever), I played a Blu-Ray movie again. It made it most of the way through the movie and then blue screened.

I'll remove TrueCrypt, reboot, and try the movie again.

Note that I'm only using Blu-Ray movies as a test case since that is the only thing that will consistently cause a BSOD. Getting the BSOD during other activities happens, but more sporadically.

JuliusMariani, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Random CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION BSODs

1. Random CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION BSODs - Similar Threads - Random CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION BSODs

2. BSOD, critical_structure_corruption

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD, critical_structure_corruption: Hi, I'm hoping this is the right place for my issue. (otherwise, please let me know where to correctly post this) My windows 10 pc is occasionally receiving a BSOD with error "critical_structure_corruption" mentioning ntfs.sys. The only DMP file in the minidump directory...
  3. Random BSOD with CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION

Random BSOD with CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION: I have intel pentium dc G4400, 4gig ddr4 ram, gigabyte ga-h110m-ds2, no gpu, 1tb seagate barracuda drive, windows 10 pro 64bit. i have uploaded the memory dumb file to onedrive: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmET9auMA8qiaMLX3QTQKHq3h8c I have already ran hdd scan with seagate...
  4. Critical_structure_corruption bsod

Critical_structure_corruption bsod: I have this configuration: MB:Asus M2n-e CPU: Amd 9650 2.3ghz no overclock Ram: corsair 4gb 1066 (working 800mhz) HDD: WD velociraptor 250gb 10000rpm (win 10 64 bit) + 1tb caviar black + 1tb caviar black sata II psu: 650W high power sirtec VGA: evga gtx 460 sc factory...
  5. BSOD Critical_Structure_Corruption

BSOD Critical_Structure_Corruption: DESKTOP-JSKUHFO-Wed_03_21_2018__30357_87.zip Photo below of the bsod [img] 106478
  6. Random BSOD CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION or NTOSKRNL

Random BSOD CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION or NTOSKRNL: Hi there! And thank you in advance for your help! AORUS-X7-DT-V6-30_10_2017__01924,84.zip Some time ago I started getting idle BSODs after reverting to an older System Image everything was fine until the creators update kicked in. Now I am getting random BSODs (not only...
  7. Random BSOD "critical_structure_corruption"

Random BSOD "critical_structure_corruption": Hello, I'm getting random BSOD, I've tried updating my drivers and did a memory test but it seems like I cant solve the problem. Help will be so much appreciated since I'm using my PC for work and some school works. Thanks so much, Hex 60883
  8. BSOD Critical_Structure_Corruption

BSOD Critical_Structure_Corruption: Hello, I was playing some games when the BSOD first happened and was trying my usual of troubleshooting it myself. There were two games I installed recently one just tonight which was promptly uninstalled and the other I installed yesterday but hadn't removed just yet as it...
  9. BSOD Critical_Structure_Corruption

BSOD Critical_Structure_Corruption: Hello, I need help solving something. I recently updated my BIOS, which mainly started the whole BSOD errors. I don't know really what is causing the errors though, I have tested the RAM, which that came out to be perfect with no errors, and when it does crash, it is not...
  10. BSOD: Critical_structure_corruption

BSOD: Critical_structure_corruption: I just installed the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3189866) last night and this morning I got this BSOD. Dump file is attached. 63703