Windows 10: random crosses on windows, and all microsoft apps

Discus and support random crosses on windows, and all microsoft apps in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i get random crosses on my screen in the search bar, and in the xbox app, etc. how can i fix this?[IMG][ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DeGekkeNiek, Apr 7, 2021.

1. random crosses on windows, and all microsoft apps

i get random crosses on my screen in the search bar, and in the xbox app, etc. how can i fix this?random crosses on windows, and all microsoft apps [​IMG] random crosses on windows, and all microsoft apps feb96c2e-3d32-43ef-9a8b-78b8fad2cc16?upload=true.png

:)

DeGekkeNiek, Apr 7, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store | Windows Central

P4-630, Apr 7, 2021
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

Photos help

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Azhar Win User

random crosses on windows, and all microsoft apps

RPi2 from Windows cross compilation Error "The test for linking against libxcb failed!"

Error in Cross Compilation, I am using Qt5.0, Windows10, Raspberry Pi 2.
    I was following this tutorial and the process failed at step 16 and tried with its suggestion but cannot find a solution.

Error prompted after step 16 is:

Running configuration tests...
    The test for linking against libxcb failed!
    Use of pkg-config is not enabled, maybe you want to pass -force-pkg-config?
    You might need to install dependency packages for libxcb.
    See src/plugins/platforms/xcb/README.

and when I printed log in file as tutorial suggested, there are some errors mentioned like:

• cc1plus.exe: error: unrecognized command line option '-fuse-ld=gold'
    • error "Symbolic function binding on this architecture may be broken, disabling it (see QTBUG-36129)."
    • etc.

I tried but still find no solution.

Azhar, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

random crosses on windows, and all microsoft apps

1. random crosses on windows, and all microsoft apps - Similar Threads - random crosses microsoft

2. Windows 11 randomly and frequently minimizes windows in all apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 randomly and frequently minimizes windows in all apps: Over the past week, I am having the extremely frustrating experience of frequent and random minimizing of all the regular apps I use for work MS Word, MS ppt, Google Chrome. It is especially bad for apps I am viewing on my second monitor but it also happen on my laptop screen...
  3. Windows 11 randomly and frequently minimizes windows in all apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 randomly and frequently minimizes windows in all apps: Over the past week, I am having the extremely frustrating experience of frequent and random minimizing of all the regular apps I use for work MS Word, MS ppt, Google Chrome. It is especially bad for apps I am viewing on my second monitor but it also happen on my laptop screen...
  4. All Microsoft apps will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Microsoft apps will not open: I have tried multiple things to fix this issue and I can not get any of the Microsoft apps to open including mail store calculator photos and feedback hub. Please help...
  5. All Microsoft apps will not open

All Microsoft apps will not open: I have tried multiple things to fix this issue and I can not get any of the Microsoft apps to open including mail store calculator photos and feedback hub. Please help...
  6. Security Vulnerability - Cross Application Between XBOX App and Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Vulnerability - Cross Application Between XBOX App and Microsoft Store: Hello AllFirst of all I hope that somebody ... anybody at all ... can give me some feedback on this and let me know that they can see the issue that I am seeing here - if I have not configured something correctly or am just not getting it then I stand to be corrected.I will...
  7. Security Vulnerability - Cross Application Between XBOX App and Microsoft Store

Security Vulnerability - Cross Application Between XBOX App and Microsoft Store: Hello AllFirst of all I hope that somebody ... anybody at all ... can give me some feedback on this and let me know that they can see the issue that I am seeing here - if I have not configured something correctly or am just not getting it then I stand to be corrected.I will...
  8. Cross platform

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cross platform: It is not letting me play with a ps4 player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cross-platform/b3c075e5-13ad-41ae-80ef-a5e9f995a827
  9. All Microsoft apps not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All Microsoft apps not working: Hello...Dell Inspiron 5675 with latest x64 Win10 update OS build 19041.329...all MS apps not working...they try to load but stop...Store,calculator,mail solitaire.etc...looked in logs for system and shows many "App did not register with Dcom within required timeout" and...
  10. White cross on background of images, text boxes, etc in all microsoft applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    White cross on background of images, text boxes, etc in all microsoft applications: Hello all, we bought 5 new HP ProBooks with Windows 10 Pro. On 3 of them is already problem, which is also described here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie11-iewindows8_1/ie11-win-81-white-cross-on-background-of-images/7db8bc7d-28ce-4f8f-be9a-0e3ae469923f...