Windows 10: Random Cursor Jumping

Discus and support Random Cursor Jumping in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just purchased a brand new Dell XPS 13 7390 that has Windows 10 Home. It has been a great device thus far until the cursor became sporadic. It has a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Thomas Adelman, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Random Cursor Jumping

I just purchased a brand new Dell XPS 13 7390 that has Windows 10 Home. It has been a great device thus far until the cursor became sporadic. It has a mind of its own loving to jump mainly within the same line but also throughout other lines. It keeps getting worse and worse just throughout this day. I have also noticed that when I am typing in a search bar, both in Google Chrome and the new Microsoft Edge, new tabs will randomly open in addition to the one that I am typing in.

I tried turning off the track pad and the issue seems to have resolved itself, but how am I supposed to use this laptop fully without the touchpad? Should I be contacting Dell to have a new touchpad installed? It is called a "precision touchpad" but I believe that doesn't mean much it is just a specification through Microsoft. I don't have much knowledge in this are of the hardware drivers so if somebody could help me that would amazing! I do have much typing to do for who knows how long given this current situation.

:)

Thomas Adelman, Mar 27, 2020
  2. RonnieB47 Win User

Cursor jumping to top left corner.

I have an HP laptop model 16-ay191ms with Windows 10 build 17134.345 which I cannot use while unplugged. The PC has always had a problem with the cursor jumping to the top right of the screen at random times, but I thought I cured it. Today, while it was
    unplugged, the battery saver was turned on and notifications started popping up at random times and the cursor automatically jumped to the notification. I use a wireless mouse, Anker TM156g, and all the correct drivers have been installed. This was driving
    me crazy. I don't know what to do. Any site that has info on cursor jumping suggest a new driver but that doesn't work. Any help will be appreciated.

Ron

RonnieB47, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Cursor jump

Hi,

One of the possible causes why you're having cursor jump issue might due to some hardware setting corruption.
    To isolate the cause of this issue, we need additional information.Kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you experiencing this issue every time you type to a certain app or to all of the apps/programs?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Random Cursor Jumping

jumping cursor

Hi TommyK3,

I'm Charles, an Independent advisor trying to help.

Please, check the information in this community thread, and let's see if the instructions of the Windows MVP help you solve your problem.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

I hope the steps work for you too

Attentive to any comments

Have a happy day

Best Regards,

Charles.

CharlesJones32, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Random Cursor Jumping

1. Random Cursor Jumping - Similar Threads - Random Cursor Jumping

2. Cursor randomly jumping to the middle of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor randomly jumping to the middle of the screen: Hi my cursor jumps randomly into the middle of the screen on my laptop. I have tried different mouses, different usb hubs, trackpad, even when not using, it still jumps to the center of the screen. And I don't know what to do. I even tried searching about the problem but...
  3. Cursor randomly jumping to the middle of the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor randomly jumping to the middle of the screen: Hi my cursor jumps randomly into the middle of the screen on my laptop. I have tried different mouses, different usb hubs, trackpad, even when not using, it still jumps to the center of the screen. And I don't know what to do. I even tried searching about the problem but...
  4. cursor jump

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cursor jump: I use Windows 10. I have an HP notebook with touchscreen and Bang & Olufsen Keyboard with keypad. My cursor often jumps when I am typing. I try to type Microsoft Community and sometimes I will get something like MicrosCommuoft unity. That is the worst part. Next worst...
  5. cursor randomly jumps around screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cursor randomly jumps around screen: Hi. I am running Windows 10 subscription. I have a Logitech MX Master 3 mouse. Over the last week or so my cursor started jumping around on my screen. At first it constantly seemed to jump to the left bottom corner. I thought it was the mouse and went through all sorts of...
  6. cursor jumping

in Windows 10 Customization
    cursor jumping: Acer v3-572p with Windows 10. Cursor jumps to upper right corner of screen. What's going on? Nobody seems to have the answer. Is this a hardware problem or a software problem. How do I troubleshoot the computer to find and fix?...
  7. jumping cursor

jumping cursor: I have had my Acer Aspire v3-572p computer for years and have had no problems. Just this week I have noticed that the cursor is jumping to the upper right corner. I have several icons in that corner and the cursor will select one of them and open it. I have Windows 10...
  8. Cursor jumps around randomly

Cursor jumps around randomly: Please can someone help. I have a Dell Laptop with a Touchpad. Since a recent Windows 10 Update, I have experienced the cursor randomly jumping around the screen opening up documents randomly and it is driving me mad! I have tried going into Mouse Additional Settings to the...
  9. Cursor jumps

Cursor jumps: Hi, My cursor jumps to the top of the screen, taking me out of windows etc. Four Microsoft people have remotely tried to fix it and no success. Any ideas? Thank you!...
  10. Jumping cursor

Jumping cursor: Why does my cursor keeping jumping, sometimes my text gets highlighted then deletes. This happens in all programs that have text writing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/jumping-cursor/17c969aa-8caf-4ef7-99de-7b2740648855