Windows 10: Random device on my network

Discus and support Random device on my network in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So for weeks now, my computer has been acting a bit strange. I've done multiple full scans, and even downloaded Malwarebytes. Sometimes, my computer's... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ShantanuDesai, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Random device on my network

So for weeks now, my computer has been acting a bit strange. I've done multiple full scans, and even downloaded Malwarebytes. Sometimes, my computer's tabs go completely black. And with all of those full scans, nothing was found. But one time, I did find something called Worm:Win32/Mofksys.R!MTB. My computer removed it, but I'm also worried that it could've made multiple copies, or even backdoors.

But on top of that, I noticed this random phone on my network called the Lenovo K50a40. And I'm starting to get worried that I may've been hacked.

But I know that I haven't downloaded anything suspicious. I even use AdGuard. Does anyone know about these problems? On top of that, writing this, it disappeared from my network. Does anyone know what to do? I've already put everything on OneDrive and if I have to, should I fully wipe my computer?

Random device on my network 999704d4-d346-4d59-958d-a5a03dd6f85b?upload=true.png Random device on my network 9bd3840f-7968-4770-9c82-d68b35209c5a?upload=true.png

:)

ShantanuDesai, Oct 22, 2020
  2. Carnivore Win User

What is this network device?

I woke my desktop PC from sleep this morning, clicked on Network and immediately spotted a Phone in the device list that doesn't belong to anyone here (a Blu brand phone which is unusual enough that I would know about it).

I clicked on the device and was able to view the MAC address, but nothing else useful. A couple minutes later it disappeared from the network list.

Then a few minutes later I went and looked at another PC on the same home network and saw the same phone in its Network list. It also disappeared a couple minutes after I clicked open 'Network'.

Scanned both PCs with various anti-malware programs including Malwarebytes - they look clean.

Any suggestions on what I was seeing, and if it's malicious how to deal with it?

UPDATE: It popped back up again. I checked my router's connection list and don't see it there. For now I blocked the MAC address in my router but would still like to know where this is coming from.

Carnivore, Oct 22, 2020
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. Random device on my network

random restarts

Hi,

If a Windows computer random restarts, the device usually have some damaged system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps was already performed to your laptop?

In the meantime, it will be best to make sure that the latest update of Windows is installed on your device. If the same issue happens after installing Windows Update, we suggest running the power troubleshooter. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search bar at the upper-right corner, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting and then select System and Security.
    • Click on Power and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Random device on my network

1. Random device on my network - Similar Threads - Random device network

2. Network Devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Devices: I have a new HP PC running Win 10. I just want to see the devices currently connected to my VPN. Can't find a way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-devices/961f75f9-a157-49d8-b7c3-27d1e7c8a0f5
  3. Random Devices showing up on my home network.

Random Devices showing up on my home network.: I am hoping this question will be a quick answer from a techy who has more knowledge about this kind of thing than I do, I have weird devices showing up on my private home network and I have had some pretty bad things happen to me before from something similar so I am still...
  4. Phantom device on my network

Phantom device on my network: [img] This Sky QBox seems to be a permanent device on my network, yet it has no IP Address. I've compared the MAC address with devices listed in router and it's not listed. I have rebooted the router and it's still there I have no Sky devices in the house, nor do I have...
  5. Amazon Device randomly showing up on Network.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Amazon Device randomly showing up on Network.: I've been doing a lot of research on this Amazon Device that is showing up in my network and see that a lot of people are having the same issues around the world, has anyone contacted AMAZON concerning this issue? If yes how do we get it to stop, Do we have to stop using...
  6. Find devices on my network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Find devices on my network: I am unable to find other devices connected to my network,only my own. Other devices , phones and tablets that I am positive are connected, do not show up at all. I have the "show hidden" marked, still not showing up. Suggestions?...
  7. Find devices on my network

Find devices on my network: I am unable to find other devices connected to my network,only my own. Other devices , phones and tablets that I am positive are connected, do not show up at all. I have the "show hidden" marked, still not showing up. Suggestions?...
  8. Amazon Device randomly showing up on Network.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Amazon Device randomly showing up on Network.: I just read many pages of questions about this phenomenon and found it curious that no comments were from anyone at Microsoft. Does that mean this is one of those mysterious back doors we here so much about in the news? I am not sure what to make of it. If it is an...
  9. Austin Amazon KFAUWI device randomly appeared under Network Device

in Windows 10 News
    Austin Amazon KFAUWI device randomly appeared under Network Device: [ATTACH] Some users noticed an unknown device like Austin -Amazon KFAUWI appear on the Network following the installation of Windows 10 Updates. Right clicking and checking its Properties displays only a few details related to the MAC address and manufacturer but [...] This...
  10. Network Devices

Network Devices: Clean install of 10049 and 10056(leaked). Network devices do not show up under Network.Did a update of both still not showing. Did a clean install of 100041.Devices show up ok .Upgraded to 10061 still ok.Is this a bug in 10049 ? 5561