Windows 10: Random disconnected WIFI reconnects on Awake mode

Discus and support Random disconnected WIFI reconnects on Awake mode in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've had random WIFI disconnects for over a year Happens minutes to days after rebooting... which always reconnects to WIFI. Attempts to reconnect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by voleurdor, Jan 15, 2021.

1. voleurdor Win User

Random disconnected WIFI reconnects on Awake mode

I've had random WIFI disconnects for over a year

Happens minutes to days after rebooting... which always reconnects to WIFI. Attempts to reconnect after a disconnection is met by message "cannot connect to this network". Meanwhile router is working perfectly, NetFlix on tv is uninterrupted.

ONLY lately, instead of having to reboot, I put laptop to sleep, wait for HD to park, then hit key to wake up... and laptop re-awakes with WIFI reconnected. This lasts from minutes to days. Beats re-booting.

All my setting are to not go into sleep mode. I run updated W-10 on aged ASUS X53E w 6GB and it does not matter which browser I use. I've tried dozens of recs found on searches.

Reply not required. Posting this because I'm sure this is a new work-around to a known issue and might lead to new angles on solution.... unless you know for sure there is a rec solution.

regards and thanks - voleurdor

:)

voleurdor, Jan 15, 2021
  2. chasbar38 Win User

random wifi disconnects

have gateway ne722, windows 10, random wifi disconnects, have tried roll back adapter driver and upgrading drive, turning off power saver option. if I do nothing it will reconnect on its own.

chasbar38, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Groggubus Win User
    Random USB Disconnects-reconnects for unknown device.

Hi all, I have a clean install windows 10 home with the specs listed in my profile.

Im getting continuous disconnect USB sounds, often multiple times in a row, and the occasional reconnect sound.

Ive used a program call USBDeview, and can confidently say it is the top tow devices that disconnect and reconnect. I'm unsure what they are and how to solve the problem.

It doesnt happen 24/7, but sometimes it will do it for 40 mins and sometimes 5 mins then stop etc etc, very random.

I dont have any External HDD plugged into drives J K L M, but they normally get assigned to .iso's or Portable HDD's.

Groggubus, Jan 15, 2021
  4. Random disconnected WIFI reconnects on Awake mode

Anomalous WiFi Reconnection

Wondering what (if anything) this was about: WiFi disconnected on wife's computer.

1. Checked, WiFi itself working.
    2. Ran Network Trouble Shooter, which usually fixes such problems; failed.
    3. Ran Hardware Trouble Shooter, nothing found.
    4. Checked Wireless Card in Device Manager; indicated as working properly.
    5. Restarted computer; still no WiFi.
    6. Although Notification icon was black, clicked on it to see if anything there, found that the WiFi network was "Secured." Clicked on that, saw that it was set to connect automatically, clicked on that, failed. Tried once more, failed, so deselected automatic connection, clicked again, and WiFi was reconnect instantaneously.

I think that that covers most, if not all of the steps I took to fix the problem. Any idea as to what caused this, and as to why non-automatic reconnect worked without even asking for the router's password?

Not Myself, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Random disconnected WIFI reconnects on Awake mode

1. Random disconnected WIFI reconnects on Awake mode - Similar Threads - Random disconnected WIFI

2. USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting: Someone, I need help. My USB devices started to disconnecting and reconnecting after a second. It happens randomly, and I don't know what it is related with.This issue occurred after I clean my PC. I knew what I did, I mean I didn't disconnect something, and now it's not...
  3. USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting: Someone, I need help. My USB devices started to disconnecting and reconnecting after a second. It happens randomly, and I don't know what it is related with.This issue occurred after I clean my PC. I knew what I did, I mean I didn't disconnect something, and now it's not...
  4. USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting: I've tried uninstalling drivers and reinstalling also I've tried going to an older build of Windows. Nothing seems to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-randomly-disconnecting-and-reconnecting/07fe25f9-d507-4e37-846b-07e484de2213
  5. USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting: I've tried uninstalling drivers and reinstalling also I've tried going to an older build of Windows. Nothing seems to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-randomly-disconnecting-and-reconnecting/07fe25f9-d507-4e37-846b-07e484de2213
  6. USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. USB Disconnect/Reconnect at random

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Disconnect/Reconnect at random: So I've been having a chronic issue that for a while hasn't popped up, but has today become absolutely insufferable. Occasionally, my pc will just, at random, decide to disconnect and then reconnect three of my devices connected to my USB ports. I have a total of four...
  8. WiFi disconnecting and reconnecting after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi disconnecting and reconnecting after update: I noticed there was an update this morning on my month old gaming laptop and I restarted the laptop. Since restart, my internet has been disconnecting and reconnecting about every 30-40 seconds and there are multiple event logs with the code 7021 - connection telemetry fields...
  9. Wifi disconnects and doesn't automatically reconnect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi disconnects and doesn't automatically reconnect: Because of the low Wi-Fi bandwidth and with full bars in the start screen, the Wi-Fi disconnects the network. After several minutes without an internet connection, it doesn't automatically reconnect. The Wi-Fi that I connected were checked that automatically reconnect after a...
  10. wifi keeps dropping/disconnecting and reconnecting randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi keeps dropping/disconnecting and reconnecting randomly: the Wifi on my laptop keeps dropping to just one bar and i can't connect to the internet, and then return to normal after a few seconds. sometimes after dropping to one bar the wifi disconnected or it says "no internet access", and then reconnects itself again (but sometimes...