Windows 10: Random disconnecting issues while the actual connection stays

Discus and support Random disconnecting issues while the actual connection stays in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I've been having this problem for a few months now, while playing games and specifically games that I've found I will disconnect randomly and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EG212, May 4, 2021.

1. EG212 Win User

Random disconnecting issues while the actual connection stays

So I've been having this problem for a few months now, while playing games and specifically games that I've found I will disconnect randomly and it will be random sometimes once an hour or multiple times in half that. if I'm paying a video on youtube at the same time that will not be affected nor will a call on Discord. I've tried many different options from uninstalling/reinstalling the driver for the wifi, a wired connection is not possible so that's not an option. I replaced the WIFI card on my PC and there was no change only it became slightly less frequent but it may just be it being rand

:)

EG212, May 4, 2021

2. Random WoW disconnections caused by router

Hi, I've been getting random disconnections from WoW of late...

And I've decided to plug my computer directly into modem instead of router to see whether this would fix it...

And indeed, for as long as I am connected directly to modem, I have no issues whatsoever in WoW... Why's that?

What could possibly be wrong with the router for WoW to disconnect randomly?

jonathan1107, May 4, 2021
  3. jhsurti Win User
    Connect and Disconnect internet

As I said before I don't have any connectivity problems at all! It is simply that I don't have the "connect" button on clicking the network icon is system tray. When I click on this icon, I get my service provider's name "YOU Broadband". No "connect" button. In Windows 8 there used to be a "connect" button with it and clicking it would connect immediately. In Windows 10, I have to click on the "YOU Broadband" option and it opens the Dial-up tab/PPPoE in Control panel and I find YOU Broadband listed there and then find the Connect button there and I have to click on that and connection is immediately made. No issue. So I don't think there is any adapter issue. To disconnect, I have to go through all these steps again!*Mad. It is frustrating. Why did Windows 10 have to make this complicated instead of simplifying it?

Or can someone suggest if I can make a shortcut with connect button which doesn't make me go through so many clicks?

jhsurti, May 4, 2021
  4. Remon Ont Win User

connect/disconnect sounds

Thank you for the information.

If the connect/disconnect sounds is only happening when playing an specific game, It might be a game app or a driver issue. we suggest that you try to uninstall and reinstall the game and check if the problem persists. Check the steps provided below:

• Open the Start menu.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click System on the Settings menu.
    • Select Apps & features from the left pane. ...
    • Select an app you wish to uninstall.
    • Click the Uninstall button that appears.

Make sure also that your device software drivers are updated.

Post back with the result.

Remon Ont, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Random disconnecting issues while the actual connection stays - Similar Threads - Random disconnecting issues

2. Random connect/disconnect sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random connect/disconnect sounds: Hi!I get random connect/disconnect sounds when my TV is connected over HDMI 2.1 and even though its offline. This doesnt occur when its on.Also the screen flickers and hangs for a bit during the event.I have tried searching for a solution and gone thru settings left and right...
  3. Random connect/disconnect sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random connect/disconnect sounds: Hi!I get random connect/disconnect sounds when my TV is connected over HDMI 2.1 and even though its offline. This doesnt occur when its on.Also the screen flickers and hangs for a bit during the event.I have tried searching for a solution and gone thru settings left and right...
  4. Devices randomly disconnect, and connect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Devices randomly disconnect, and connect.: I have a windows 10 Enterprise computer and it has been really acting up lately. I have been constantly checking for malware. I am overall pretty good at not executing suspicions files from online.So I was playing a game when my graphics drivers suddenly disconnected. Now for...
  5. Devices randomly disconnect, and connect.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Devices randomly disconnect, and connect.: I have a windows 10 Enterprise computer and it has been really acting up lately. I have been constantly checking for malware. I am overall pretty good at not executing suspicions files from online.So I was playing a game when my graphics drivers suddenly disconnected. Now for...
  6. Devices randomly disconnect, and connect.

7. Mouse randomly disconnects and connects

Mouse randomly disconnects and connects: So I've been experiencing this for a couple of days now my mouse logitech g300s disconnects and connects randomly and it went further for a moment my mouse just stopped working for a minute but the light was on. So is this my mouse problem or something else? I've recently...
  8. Wifi connects and disconnects randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi connects and disconnects randomly: I recently purchased the MSI gp65 leopard 10sfk-047 and immediately I started experiencing a problem with the wifi. It would disconnect every 15 minutes give or take, and then reconnect again after a few seconds. Its the intel wifi 6 ax201 card. Can you please help? I tried...
  9. Keyboard Randomly Disconnecting and Connecting

Keyboard Randomly Disconnecting and Connecting: Hi all, So my keyboard has recently, in the past few weeks, been randomly disconnecting and reconnecting when I'm using my PC. This began only a small amount to start with but now it's becoming harder to use as it struggles to stay connected for long, and even when typing...
  10. WIFI Doesn't Stay Connected And Randomly Disconnects

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI Doesn't Stay Connected And Randomly Disconnects: So, I'm using a Windows 10 on my core i5 3rd gen PC. And My Wifi Adapter is a Dell Wireless 1506 802.11bgn 2.4GHz . My wifi literally just disconnected while typing this. This wasnt a problem in the begining a month ago when i bought this PC. But later on it would disconnect...