Windows 10: random DPC_watchdog_violation BSOD freeze

Discus and support random DPC_watchdog_violation BSOD freeze in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone. Really hoping there is some help out there for this random freezing issue I am having. It is not associated with any particular... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bwinters123, Sep 20, 2021.

1. random DPC_watchdog_violation BSOD freeze

Hello everyone. Really hoping there is some help out there for this random freezing issue I am having. It is not associated with any particular software or function. I have tried numerous things: removing and resetting the RAM and drives; removing my video card driver using DDU in safemode then installing the newest driver from Nvidia; scanning the RAM and drives using built-in utilities; updating all drivers available from the manufacturer's site; updating bios; updating windows 10 to the latest version and all available windows updates; replacing wireless mouse/keyboard with wired ones.Th

:)

bwinters123, Sep 20, 2021

2. Random Freezes and BSOD (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION)

Hello Matt,

I regret for the inconvenience you are facing with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on your system. We will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to unplug all external devices connected to the system and restart the system to check if the issue persists.

Sometimes new hardware can cause blue screen errors. Since you recently added new hardware to your computer, shut down your system, unplug the new hardware, and then restart to check the status.

Many blue screen errors can be resolved by making sure that Windows is up to date. In the search box on the taskbar, enter Windows Update, select Windows Update. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.

I suggest you to Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter
    and check if it helps:

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

Follow the steps given below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the
      Search box from the desktop.
    • Select the Troubleshooting option.
    • Select View All option and select the
      System Maintenance.
    • Click on Next to perform the
      System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the steps.

I also suggest you to follow the article below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 20, 2021
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. philc43 Win User

random DPC_watchdog_violation BSOD freeze

Random freezes or BSODs (In windows drivers)

Basically you need to go back to the step described in my post #121

As the freeze happens when you leave the system idle for a while it is most likely a driver associated with a background process that starts up when the system is idle for while. You might be able to search the event information logs to check which services started around the exact time of the freeze.

philc43, Sep 20, 2021
Thema:

random DPC_watchdog_violation BSOD freeze

1. random DPC_watchdog_violation BSOD freeze - Similar Threads - random DPC_watchdog_violation BSOD

2. Random DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs: I bought this laptop last year, and lately it's been plagued by issues, most notably random BSODs, as mentioned in the title. I tried reinstalling Windows 11 not completely, I chose to keep my files while reinstalling, but after a while the issues started popping up again....
  3. Random DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs: I bought this laptop last year, and lately it's been plagued by issues, most notably random BSODs, as mentioned in the title. I tried reinstalling Windows 11 not completely, I chose to keep my files while reinstalling, but after a while the issues started popping up again....
  4. Random DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION bsod: 2 dmp files attached. I analyzed it myself. But both of them shows ntkrnlmp.exe is the failing module. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-dpcwatchdogviolation-bsod/18876d49-4d17-4da8-85fd-8e22aa9433ca
  5. Random DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION bsod

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION bsod: 2 dmp files attached. I analyzed it myself. But both of them shows ntkrnlmp.exe is the failing module. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-dpcwatchdogviolation-bsod/18876d49-4d17-4da8-85fd-8e22aa9433ca
  6. Random DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION bsod

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. BSOD DPC_WatchDog_Violation Freezes and Restarts Randomly

BSOD DPC_WatchDog_Violation Freezes and Restarts Randomly: ```Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22415.1002 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP]Kernel Bitmap Dump File: Kernel address space is available, User address space may not be available.************* Path...
  8. Random DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD

Random DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD: Bought my computer from CyberPower PC in early December 2020 and the computer ran great with zero issues until mid January. Been getting a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD for 3 months now and all my troubleshooting hasn't solved it. It's been the same Bug Check Code when I use...
  9. Random BSOD - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Random BSOD - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Usually every couple of weeks this machine will BSOD with a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on an unknown module. If I run heavy disk I/O the crash will happen a little more often but even then it could go days just fine. Most of the time it crashes when I am away and the...
  10. Getting random BSOD (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION)

Getting random BSOD (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION): Greetings, I'm creating this post because I'm at a loss here. I've recently upgraded to a Gainward GTX 1070 from my previous card and it was running fine until it gave me a bluescreen. I tried looking it up already tried out a few things like doing a syscheck etc. but...