Windows 10: Random Drive Partitions That Showed Up

Discus and support Random Drive Partitions That Showed Up in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] So I moved my OS from my HDD to a new SSD I bought and then these two partitions showed up and both have low storage but not much in them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Vzey, May 20, 2020.

1. /u/Vzey Win User

Random Drive Partitions That Showed Up

Random Drive Partitions That Showed Up 3YOgQuimxCeWoir334UnP1GF1p6luz_b5kv7h1hUbaU.jpg

So I moved my OS from my HDD to a new SSD I bought and then these two partitions showed up and both have low storage but not much in them.

G is my External HDD and E is my internal HDD. D and F are random.

This is what is in D

This is what is in F and the 'Hidden Files' option is on as well

I have lived with them for a couple of years and they haven't caused any problems, I tried to delete them once but it wants me to use admin rights so I am scared it might mess up my computer. I just want to know why they are there and if I can get rid of them. (Neat freak about space on my computer)

submitted by /u/Vzey
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Vzey, May 20, 2020

2. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Random Drive Partitions That Showed Up partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, May 20, 2020
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, May 20, 2020
  4. Dia01 Win User

Partition or multiple hard drives?

As the title suggests. Is it worth installing say a 36GB drive for the OS soley or partitioning an existing larger drive with either 2 or more partitions? I am currently running Vista 32bit and want to try out 64bit and am sick of reformatting the whole drive. Any suggestions?

Dia01, May 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Random Drive Partitions That Showed Up - Similar Threads - Random Drive Partitions

2. Disk partitions not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk partitions not showing up: Hi I have problem. I was reinstalling windows and formating and DELETING disks and didnt made now partitions. I dont care about lost data I backed out everything. But now disks not showing up in File Explorer even in Disk Management. I cant see my 500gb disk m.2 2tb disk HDD...
  3. Disk partitions not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk partitions not showing up: Hi I have problem. I was reinstalling windows and formating and DELETING disks and didnt made now partitions. I dont care about lost data I backed out everything. But now disks not showing up in File Explorer even in Disk Management. I cant see my 500gb disk m.2 2tb disk HDD...
  4. Disk partitions not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. hard drive partition not showing up in file explorer!

hard drive partition not showing up in file explorer!: i installed windows 10 from a usb flash drive and when i was asked where to install windows 10, i selected my ssd and i also deleted a hard drive partition by mistake. it was of 198 gb. now it is not showing in file explorer. i also assigned a new letter to it, it did show...
  6. HDD Partition Not Showing Up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD Partition Not Showing Up: Yesterday, I changed my motherboard and CPU and upgrade to Windows 10. Fortunately, that all went over without a hitch. Today, I installed my 4 TB HDD, my second hard drive from my "old" PC, into the rig. On that old computer with Windows 7, the 4 TB HDD had been split...
  7. Hard Drive with 3 partitions not showing up in File Explorer

Hard Drive with 3 partitions not showing up in File Explorer: I installed Windows 10 Pro from scratch on an existing PC. I have 5 internal hard drives with partitions and data on each. I see the drives on "Disk Management", they show as being Online, but there are no drive letters assigned. Therefore, they're not showing up in File...
  8. partition "D" not showing up

partition "D" not showing up: Dear Sir, kindly I'm looking for your kind support to solve the below issue, my issue is when i start to apply the automatic updates for win-10 the system ask to restart, i select restart now, then after restarting i faced that partition "D" -which include all my critical...
  9. Partition not showing up in Bitlocker Drive Encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Partition not showing up in Bitlocker Drive Encryption: Hello everyone I have a problem with bitlocker. I formatted my SSD to have 3 partions next to C: D, E and F. As soon as I started encryption on the D & E drives, the option for F went away. I suspect it has something to do with the layout and and type of the partition...
  10. Restore partition showing up as a Z drive.

Restore partition showing up as a Z drive.: Hello everyone, Even though this is my first post, i'm a regular reader of various posts here. I have a DELL-XPS13 Laptop. After upgrading it from win8 to win10, i noticed a restore partition is getting showed up in explorer as Z drive. [img] When I open Disk...