Windows 10: Random E drive

Discus and support Random E drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After cloning my 256gb ssd to a 500gb one I have this random System E drive that I’ve never had before. Is there a way to remove it because it won’t... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bennett_Baird, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Random E drive

After cloning my 256gb ssd to a 500gb one I have this random System E drive that I’ve never had before. Is there a way to remove it because it won’t like me access it.

submitted by /u/Bennett_Baird
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bennett_Baird, Apr 14, 2021
  2. little cat, Apr 14, 2021
  3. E Drive

The drive would have to be assigned the letter E in disk management for it to show up as E.

Press Windows key + X

Click Disk Management

If you see your drive listed there, but no drive letter, right click it

Click Change Drive Letter and Paths

Click Add

Click Assign the following drive letter

Click in the Drive letter list box

Choose a drive letter - try choosing letters near the end of the alphabet

Click OK

Click OK again

Andre Da Costa, Apr 14, 2021
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random E drive

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

Random E drive

1. Random E drive - Similar Threads - Random drive

2. “A device which does not exist was specified” on entire drive at random times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “A device which does not exist was specified” on entire drive at random times: After no solution from the official tehnical team, I came here. I have 2 windows installs, the old one which got corrupted, and this one. I encounter this error on a personal files partition and all the permission fixing modifying works only temporarly until it breaks again....
  3. “A device which does not exist was specified” on entire drive at random times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “A device which does not exist was specified” on entire drive at random times: After no solution from the official tehnical team, I came here. I have 2 windows installs, the old one which got corrupted, and this one. I encounter this error on a personal files partition and all the permission fixing modifying works only temporarly until it breaks again....
  4. PC randomly restarting when installed on new drive or win 10 to 11 update ONLY while...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly restarting when installed on new drive or win 10 to 11 update ONLY while...: So, I've been dealing with this issue for over a month now. Let me summarize it here:1. I bought new motherboard, cpu, ram and a new m.2 drive while i'm at it.- Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ULTRA-CF --> MSI Meg Z590 UNIFY- Intel Core i7 8700K --> Intel Core i9 11900k- Kingston 8GB...
  5. PC randomly restarting when installed on new drive or win 10 to 11 update ONLY while...

PC randomly restarting when installed on new drive or win 10 to 11 update ONLY while...: So, I've been dealing with this issue for over a month now. Let me summarize it here:1. I bought new motherboard, cpu, ram and a new m.2 drive while i'm at it.- Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ULTRA-CF --> MSI Meg Z590 UNIFY- Intel Core i7 8700K --> Intel Core i9 11900k- Kingston 8GB...
  6. Why is my PC deleting random files, folders and desktop apps every time One Drive is running?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my PC deleting random files, folders and desktop apps every time One Drive is running?: Why is my PC deleting random files, folders and desktop apps every time One Drive is running? I'm pretty certain nobody has gained access or hacked my computer, Malwarebytes doesn't detect any malware either. The only way to stop this happening is to either pause One Drive...
  7. Why is my PC deleting random files, folders and desktop apps every time One Drive is running?

Why is my PC deleting random files, folders and desktop apps every time One Drive is running?: Why is my PC deleting random files, folders and desktop apps every time One Drive is running? I'm pretty certain nobody has gained access or hacked my computer, Malwarebytes doesn't detect any malware either. The only way to stop this happening is to either pause One Drive...
  8. Random Crashes - Drive Verifier Bluescreenview screenshot attached

Random Crashes - Drive Verifier Bluescreenview screenshot attached: Hi, I'm getting random crashes on my new build. Drive Verifier went into a Driver Verifier detected violation loop but I managed to get some dmp files from it. They point to a vhf.sys and ntoskrnl.exe. The windows drive is new and the install is only 2 days old. Thanks!...
  9. Random Crashes - Drive Verifier Bluescreenview screenshot attached

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Crashes - Drive Verifier Bluescreenview screenshot attached: Hi, I'm getting random crashes on my new build. Drive Verifier went into a Driver Verifier detected violation loop but I managed to get some dmp files from it. They point to a vhf.sys and ntoskrnl.exe. The windows drive is new and the install is only 2 days old. Thanks!...
  10. Random Crashes - Drive Verifier dmp file attached

Random Crashes - Drive Verifier dmp file attached: Hi, I'm getting random crashes on my new build. Drive Verifier went into a Driver Verifier detected violation loop but I managed to get some dmp files from it. They point to a vhf.sys and ntoskrnl.exe. The windows drive is new and the install is only 2 days old. Thanks!...