Windows 10: Random email addresses come in "To:"

Discus and support Random email addresses come in "To:" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I compose an email in Windows 10 Mail I get random email addresses coming up in the "To:" box. Some of them seem to be alternative email addresses... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Susanna_11, May 1, 2019.

1. Random email addresses come in "To:"

When I compose an email in Windows 10 Mail I get random email addresses coming up in the "To:" box. Some of them seem to be alternative email addresses of people I have emailed. For example I emailed a business and now when I type the business email address I also get the personal email address of the business proprietor coming up. This is problematic as I assume they wouldn't want people knowing their personal email address. I also get email addresses of people I have never heard of, but who may be contacts of people I have emailed. This seems like a serious security problem. What can I do?

:)

Susanna_11, May 1, 2019
  2. Sam Vimes Win User

Mail App: Removing drop down email address suggestions

I'm not a big fan of the MS Mail program and don't really use it for serious stuff but somehow or other if I create a new email then as I start to enter the recipients address a whole load of suggestions will appear. I don't have any contacts in the People app so I'm not sure where these come from.

The question is how can I clear this list so that I no longer get the suggestions?

Thanks

Sam Vimes, May 1, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, May 1, 2019
  4. jienconde Win User

Random email addresses come in "To:"

Where is my email/address list

I have asked this question, where is my email/address list since I received my new computer (windows 10) coming from a windows XP computer. After using Windows XP, which was

very simple to understand, this Windows 10 is ridiculous....not being able to find my email/address book is very disconcerting as I used the information in that list all of the time.....what is the big secret....any directions I have received are so confusing,
    I've just about give up.....one tech did tell me to go to Yahoo and I should be able to locate my list...in fact I did, but only part of the list was available. Does anyone know of a way to see this list in windows 10.....in plain English please, step by
    step please, I'd sure appreciate it.

jienconde, May 1, 2019
Thema:

Random email addresses come in "To:"

1. Random email addresses come in "To:" - Similar Threads - Random email addresses

2. Send Email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Recovery Password is Coming in...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Send Email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Recovery Password is Coming in...: Goodbye Old MicrosoftHello New Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/send-email-recovery-password-is-coming-in-august/19ea6460-50f9-49fc-8ed3-c071fdda447a
  3. Email addresses

Email addresses: I have an email address on my computer for a company that I no longer work for. How can I remove that email from my account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-addresses/12e4eef4-979a-455e-9771-4cf590e85a18
  4. How to change language for emails coming from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change language for emails coming from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: All the emails coming from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** show in Chinese language. How can I change the default language to English?...
  5. email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    email address: i have unwanted email address when i send my emails how can i delete them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-address/b113c0f0-30e5-4ea8-9d6b-317889dd38f1
  6. Emails from "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" are coming in a different language

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Emails from "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" are coming in a different language: Hello, I recently started a family group and my first weekly activity report came in Spanish. Not sure why, all my settings for both Microsoft account and Outlokk are set to English with the correct time zone EST Can someone point in the right direction or help clear...
  7. Changing the name my email comes addressed to

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Changing the name my email comes addressed to: Hi everyone, How do I change the name that is used to address me in my emails from Microsoft 360? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-the-name-my-email-comes-addressed-to/edd277e3-eb20-4a6e-8dc4-85d505715507"
  8. Email address

Email address: OK, I have been told that once you have set up your Microsoft account you cannot change your signin. I am trying to get away from AOL and that address is what I set my account up with. Is there anyway to change it or do I have to open up a brand new account. I am...
  9. Email address

Email address: How do you eliminate unwanted names that appear when you begin entering an email addressee name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-address/f00d841f-acd3-4d7d-a208-aea9873673b6
  10. Email address

in Browsers and Email
    Email address: I tried to send an email using live.com, my Microsoft address, and their address was invalid yet when I put the exact address the recipient in Gmail it worked. Any explanations please. Thank you Peter 47419