Windows 10: Random encounters with "activate windows" message sometimes. It goes away on restarting.pls...

Discus and support Random encounters with "activate windows" message sometimes. It goes away on restarting.pls... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/binallaadeen [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eypxx7/random_encounters_with_activate_windows_message/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/binallaadeen, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Random encounters with "activate windows" message sometimes. It goes away on restarting.pls...

/u/binallaadeen, Feb 4, 2020

2. Random Restarts - Windows 7-64 bit

I have an ASUS desktop, that at random intervals, will completely shutdown and restart.

I get a message upon restart saying that Windows has recovered from a serious error.

How do i figure out what is causing the crash and hopefully resolve it??

snuffnchess, Feb 4, 2020
  3. random restarts

Hi,

If a Windows computer random restarts, the device usually have some damaged system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps was already performed to your laptop?

In the meantime, it will be best to make sure that the latest update of Windows is installed on your device. If the same issue happens after installing Windows Update, we suggest running the power troubleshooter. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search bar at the upper-right corner, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting and then select System and Security.
    • Click on Power and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Arrakis9 Win User

Random encounters with "activate windows" message sometimes. It goes away on restarting.pls...

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Random encounters with "activate windows" message sometimes. It goes away on restarting.pls...

1. Random encounters with "activate windows" message sometimes. It goes away on restarting.pls... - Similar Threads - Random encounters activate

2. Sometimes, my audio goes away and my laptop crashes…

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sometimes, my audio goes away and my laptop crashes…: I own an Acer Spin 3 laptop that has been working fine up until yesterday. Audio out of nowhere will cut out, so I try to adjust the volume with the buttons on the keyboard, and everything crashes. These 2 issues have been annoying me so much. I’ve even done a factory reset,...
  3. Wifi internet goes away after 1-2min pls help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi internet goes away after 1-2min pls help: It does something like this when i play or do something It does this in 1-2mins pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-internet-goes-away-after-1-2min-pls-help/75be7617-72ae-4919-b9f2-b61a728930c0
  4. Strange black square sometimes appears under cursor and then goes away.

Strange black square sometimes appears under cursor and then goes away.: I've been having this trouble where when I move my mouse around, sometimes this really weird curved black square will just appear out of nowhere and then fade away. I was able to take a screenshot of it mid-fade. A few months back I fixed it, but I completely forgot how I...
  5. Randomly getting activate Windows when its activated and it goes away on restart error...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Randomly getting activate Windows when its activated and it goes away on restart error...: [ATTACH] I have no clue why this is happening. I just start up my computer and like 3 hours or so later I get an "Activate Windows". [ATTACH] [ATTACH] And TroubleShooter does nothing. does anyone know how to fix this? it also goes away on restart. error code :...
  6. The "Activate Windows" message never goes away.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    The "Activate Windows" message never goes away.: The "Activate Windows" message never goes away. I have activated windows repeatedly but the message always comes back. Thanks. Dennis https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-activate-windows-message-never-goes-away/89a0e2a0-2b21-40a0-8462-12e238ea97ac"
  7. Laptop Randomly Restarts and Sometimes it Shutdown

Laptop Randomly Restarts and Sometimes it Shutdown: Hello there, I am facing this issue for about 4 days from now, my laptop restarts randomly and sometimes it shutdown automatically even when i am working or playing a game on it. I searched for this error and got a lot of suggestions, but nothing worked. For example. The...
  8. "Repairing Disk Errors" during restart. Never goes away

"Repairing Disk Errors" during restart. Never goes away: [IMG] Every time I boot up my laptop, this message appears, and I cannot get rid of it. I have tried the press f12 thing, and still nothing. How should I approach this problem? Thank you!...
  9. Cursor reset to default & scrolling goes away on restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor reset to default & scrolling goes away on restart: So two things; when I restart my computer my saved and in-use cursor always resets back to the default cursor pack that comes with the system. I had this issue in Windows 8.1 too, but now it's getting on my nerves because I've got to go to the cursor customization panel every...
  10. Cortana goes away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana goes away: I've been running Windows 10 for about a week and I enjoy the quick access to Bing search. But frequently, usually after an overnight hibernation, Cortana simply becomes "unavailable". I click on the box and nothing happens! I have to reboot the machine to get it working...