Windows 10: Random Ethernet and WiFi disconnect

Discus and support Random Ethernet and WiFi disconnect in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I've been dealing with an issue where my ethernet randomly disconnects along with my wifi. Its been an ongoing problem for a while. I've looked and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ServypH, Jul 1, 2020 at 2:02 AM.

1. ServypH Win User

Random Ethernet and WiFi disconnect

So I've been dealing with an issue where my ethernet randomly disconnects along with my wifi. Its been an ongoing problem for a while. I've looked and researched every post and forum I could find on this and I couldn't find a single solution. I've tried just about everything you could think of. I have reset the router/power cycled it. I have turned off the energy setting for the adapter. I have gone into the command prompt and typed all the types of resets including flush dns, release, renew. All the netsh commands probably. I typed in the WLANReport command and even then I couldn't find the proper solution. I can use my computer for a long period of time, for example, playing a game, but then opening the internet/chrome I can pull up youtube or etc and the connection will drop within a couple of minutes, if not seconds. I got tired of trying just about everything and completely wiped and reset my computer and even that didn't help. I have also updated all my drivers/ rolled back to see if there was a difference and there wasn't. I have also updated my BIOS. That didn't help either. I have gone into the t viewer and didn't find anything. I have gone to the registry editor and didn't really understand any of it, but as I mentioned before I have gone through a lot of discussion and forums and couldn't find a solution to my problem.

:)

2. Anak Win User

my son laptiop wifi disconnect after 5 minutes

• If you have an identical laptop try comparing the wifi and security settings of the one that does not disconnect with the one that does. If you find any differences change the settings of the one that does not work to the one that does.
    @Samuria : If you have any suggestions please reply.

3. wifi random disconnection

Hello ,

Thanks both for your suggestions however any troubleshooting show that there are no problems found so what ever troubleshooting step i do cannot find an issue i reset the wifi more than once cleared wifi setting removed drivers let windows install them back
    , installed them from my device support site , installed them with latest updates form manufacturer support site still all lead to same thing that it just disconnects btw this is a new laptop with fresh windows installation i just had it for a week

Disconnection reason am not sure what does that mean am starting to think that wifi card is faulty

Random Ethernet and WiFi disconnect c41aaf6e-5f1c-4945-9375-a0a80e00db41?upload=true.png

4. chasbar38 Win User

random wifi disconnects

have gateway ne722, windows 10, random wifi disconnects, have tried roll back adapter driver and upgrading drive, turning off power saver option. if I do nothing it will reconnect on its own.

Thema:

1. Random Ethernet and WiFi disconnect - Similar Threads - Random Ethernet WiFi

2. WiFi Randomly disconnecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Randomly disconnecting: So why does my wifi randomly disconnect while still showing as connected? Its pretty annoying been doing it for quite some time and while typing this it has done it again. So im streaming live tv in firefox 75.0 64-bit latest version, and out of the blue the stream starts...
  3. Wifi randomly disconnects

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi randomly disconnects: So i've installed my pci-e wifi card 3 months ago and had no problems untill i upgraded to Windows 10 now it keeps disconnecting from wifi randomly and tryed every options submitted by /u/ffjkjh [link] [comments]...
  4. WiFi keeps disconnecting randomly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi keeps disconnecting randomly?: I've had this issue for like 6 months and I'm yet to find a fix. My computer disconnects every few hours (sometimes every few minutes), and I have to manually reconnect every time it happens. It also disconnects when I put it on sleep mode or turn it off. I've tried updating...
  5. WiFi randomly disconnecting

WiFi randomly disconnecting: Good day, I have had this new desktop computer for 2 weeks. Ever since I assembled it, I have been experiencing random WiFi disconnections with a frequency of about 2 disconnections per day. After this happens, I must manually reconnect to the WiFi network. I have a...
  6. WiFi disconnecting randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi disconnecting randomly: I recently built a new pc and put a intel wifi link 5300 agn inside. The wifi keeps disconnecting ive tried driver updates and other things but nothing seems to work. I dont know if it is the card or the pc. But i checked the events and multiple times it says device instal...
  7. WiFi disconnects when ethernet is plugged in

WiFi disconnects when ethernet is plugged in: Hello, we have problem on Windows 10. When we connect ethernet cable, the WiFi automatically disable WiFi adapter. We checked BIOS, properities of adapters, check presence of third party programs and nothing is set wrong to do that. It started doing after Windows 10 update on...
  8. wifi random disconnection

wifi random disconnection: My wifi disconnects randomly it is not frequent it could take a day or less but it happens after checking event logger reason is wifi disconnected by the driver i uninstalled drivers and installed them again , updated them still same issue , windows troubleshooting shows no...
  9. WiFi randomly disconnects.

WiFi randomly disconnects.: I have recently reset my PC by pressing shift while restarting and updated my drivers a few days ago. When I open games that require WiFi constantly it disconnects me from the game instantly but not the WiFi and when i use programs like discord my ping will suddenly be very...
  10. Wired Ethernet randomly disconnects occasionally

Wired Ethernet randomly disconnects occasionally: Hello, I've been having trouble with my Ethernet connection to my computer. Recently, after installing updates for Windows 10 my computer has randomly disconnected my Ethernet connection to it. I've made sure the modem works fine, and I've also done various steps to try to...