Windows 10: Random Ethernet Disconnects

Discus and support Random Ethernet Disconnects in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been having an issue with reoccurring disconnects even though I am on an ethernet connection. The wifi remains on but my computer disconnects... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DONTpan1cNOW, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Random Ethernet Disconnects

I have been having an issue with reoccurring disconnects even though I am on an ethernet connection. The wifi remains on but my computer disconnects for a minute. I have already updated and reinstalled the network driver, restarted internet, and changed ethernet cables. Is there any other way to stop the random disconnects from occurring?

:)

DONTpan1cNOW, Jan 24, 2021

2. Constantly disconnecting with ethernet cable

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted on the status of the issue.

I suggest you to check if rolling back the Ethernet driver helps to resolve the issue. Follow the below steps.

• First of all, Press Windows logo + R from keyboard. It will open
      RUN.
    • Now type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open Device Manager.
    • You will see all the device list of your PC. Expand Network Adapters
    Rollback driver

Double click on your Ethernet driver in Device Manager. Then Click on
    Driver tab and select Rollback.

Important: If your drive is performing well and there is no error, Rollback driver button will be grayed out as an option.

If it still does not help, I suggest you to reinstall the drivers for the Ethernet driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Note: Once you uninstall the drivers the Ethernet adapter device will be disabled and you won’t be able to connect to internet. So it is advisable to keep all the installer files as a back up in your hard drive.

Write to us with the results for further assistance.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Ethernet and keyboard disconnect

I tried steps one to three as four seemed a little complicated. The keyboard is now fine. However the ethernet disconnects after i click the game icon and before it has even had a chance to load up

Alicia Howell, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Random Ethernet Disconnects

Sleep Mode Disconnects Ethernet Internet Connection - An Oldie but a Goodie

Hi,

There's a possibility that your Ethernet connection is not enabled to wake on magic packet. For us to isolate this, let's look into the advanced settings of your network adapter. Follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Device Manager > Network adapters.
    2. Right-click on your Ethernet connection and click Properties.
    3. Click the Advanced tab.
    4. Under Property, scroll down and select Wake on magic packet.
    5. Set the value to Enabled.
    6. Click OK.

Once done, try to observe if Ethernet connection still disconnects if put to sleep mode.

Looking forward to your reply..

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Random Ethernet Disconnects

1. Random Ethernet Disconnects - Similar Threads - Random Ethernet Disconnects

2. Random Disconnection Ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Disconnection Ethernet: Hello, I randomly get disconnected from the internet. I couldn't pinpoint the cause. Event viewer logs two of the same errors:The name "PCNAME :20" could not be registered on the interface with IP address 192.168.1.33. The computer with the IP address 169.254.38.155...
  3. Random Disconnection Ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Disconnection Ethernet: Hello, I randomly get disconnected from the internet. I couldn't pinpoint the cause. Event viewer logs two of the same errors:The name "PCNAME :20" could not be registered on the interface with IP address 192.168.1.33. The computer with the IP address 169.254.38.155...
  4. Internet Randomly Disconnects: Ethernet Network Adapter Keeps Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Randomly Disconnects: Ethernet Network Adapter Keeps Disconnecting: My internet keeps randomly disconnecting throughout the day. Its a Dell Windows 10Pro 22H2 - Dell Precision 5770 with Network Adapter: Realtek USB Gbe Family Controller Ethernet. I tried these steps below, no resolution yet:One thing I noticed, everytime the internet randomly...
  5. Internet Randomly Disconnects: Ethernet Network Adapter Keeps Disconnecting

Internet Randomly Disconnects: Ethernet Network Adapter Keeps Disconnecting: My internet keeps randomly disconnecting throughout the day. Its a Dell Windows 10Pro 22H2 - Dell Precision 5770 with Network Adapter: Realtek USB Gbe Family Controller Ethernet. I tried these steps below, no resolution yet:One thing I noticed, everytime the internet randomly...
  6. Internet Randomly Disconnects: Ethernet Network Adapter Keeps Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Ethernet keeps disconnecting randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet keeps disconnecting randomly.: Hi,I have had a problem for the past 4 days, i have a tplink wifi extension for my pc, after i switched to win11. The problem occurs randomly, it can be after 7hours or after 30minutes. When i try to run a diagnose, it saya "doesnt have ip configuration " or "correctly...
  8. Ethernet keeps disconnecting randomly.

Ethernet keeps disconnecting randomly.: Hi,I have had a problem for the past 4 days, i have a tplink wifi extension for my pc, after i switched to win11. The problem occurs randomly, it can be after 7hours or after 30minutes. When i try to run a diagnose, it saya "doesnt have ip configuration " or "correctly...
  9. Random Ethernet and WiFi disconnect

Random Ethernet and WiFi disconnect: So I've been dealing with an issue where my ethernet randomly disconnects along with my wifi. Its been an ongoing problem for a while. I've looked and researched every post and forum I could find on this and I couldn't find a single solution. I've tried just about everything...
  10. Wired Ethernet randomly disconnects occasionally

Wired Ethernet randomly disconnects occasionally: Hello, I've been having trouble with my Ethernet connection to my computer. Recently, after installing updates for Windows 10 my computer has randomly disconnected my Ethernet connection to it. I've made sure the modem works fine, and I've also done various steps to try to...