Windows 10: Random explorer process causing minimising

Discus and support Random explorer process causing minimising in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I have a game in fullscreen every 5-10 minutes it will randomly minimise. I used a program that logs all programs that open, and it showed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Benfz, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Benfz Win User

Random explorer process causing minimising

When I have a game in fullscreen every 5-10 minutes it will randomly minimise.

I used a program that logs all programs that open, and it showed the program that made it minimise was explorer. When it is minimised there is no explorer window open. I really need this to stop. Any ideas/solutions?

:)

Benfz, Sep 9, 2018
  2. YIN
    Yin Win User

Dual iexplorer processes???

I would suggest you run process explorer on the machine so you can find out what applications are running.

process explorer shows you more than just task manager

3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Sep 9, 2018
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

1. Random explorer process causing minimising - Similar Threads - Random explorer process

2. Snip minimising

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip minimising: Every time I do a snip with the snipping tool, the program minimises so that I have to click it again to reopen it to save the snip. How do I stop it doing this. Never happened on W10.Running W11, 22H2, build 22621.1265Any help appreciated....
  3. Games randomly cause other background processes to be slow to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games randomly cause other background processes to be slow to open: I've searched all over for this issue, but the only results from google are classic "my game is lagging" type responses, even when specifically googling for "games cause background processes to lag" instead.Specs:i7-10700kMSI 2080 Gaming X Trio32 GB RAM, 2x 1TB 860 EVO...
  4. Games randomly cause other background processes to be slow to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games randomly cause other background processes to be slow to open: I've searched all over for this issue, but the only results from google are classic "my game is lagging" type responses, even when specifically googling for "games cause background processes to lag" instead.Specs:i7-10700kMSI 2080 Gaming X Trio32 GB RAM, 2x 1TB 860 EVO...
  5. Games randomly cause other background processes to be slow to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Games being minimised by unknown/rogue process

Games being minimised by unknown/rogue process: HelloSo, the past 7/8 weeks, I’ve been trying to track an issue to no avail, which causes a cmd prompt to flash up for a split second, minimising games, before disappearing without a trace. I downloaded a process logger to try and catch what is causing it, which lead me to a...
  7. process explorer

process explorer: I accidentally suspended searchApp.exe, and now it won't let me "resume" it. When I try "restart" it asks me if I will verify that I want to kill the process. Please help. Thank you...
  8. Games minimising to desktop randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games minimising to desktop randomly: Has anyone encountered an issue where games minimise to your desktop randomly? I've done everything i can think of and have tried most suggested things online. the only way I've managed to resolve the issue briefly is when i re-install windows. Any suggestions would be...
  9. Glitchy text in Windows Explorer. Happens randomly, restarting explorer process fixes it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Glitchy text in Windows Explorer. Happens randomly, restarting explorer process fixes it.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Lucius1213 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fiex1z/glitchy_text_in_windows_explorer_happens_randomly/
  10. Windows Explorer minimising games?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer minimising games?: Started happening a day or two ago, not sure why. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/617396973116325888/645394925915078657/unknown.png submitted by /u/Kimiko-_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dxe3lu/windows_explorer_minimising_games/