Windows 10: random faint melody playing in my headphones?

Discus and support random faint melody playing in my headphones? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was playing Dead by Daylight when I heard some random noises in my headphones, I turned the sound up and I heard a faint melody playing, it stopped a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by feluux, Jun 9, 2023.

1. feluux Win User

random faint melody playing in my headphones?

I was playing Dead by Daylight when I heard some random noises in my headphones, I turned the sound up and I heard a faint melody playing, it stopped a while after the video ended. Nothing in chrome was playing sounds. I restarted my pc right after and checked audio manager thingy after the restart, only had the apps I had opened. I wish I checked audio manager before I restarted my pc. I used Rav antivirus, nothing was found, and now im waiting for my windows security full scan to finish. I checked my downloaded files and there was nothing suspicious there. Earlier this week while also playin

:)

feluux, Jun 9, 2023

2. Faint static in headphones when moving mouse

Hello!

Not necessarily looking for a fix, just an answer if anyone has it. When I have my pair of Samson SR850s (wired, semi-open back headphones) plugged into the 3.5mm jack on my desktop PC running Windows 11 (An Alienware Aurora R14), there's a very faint static that occurs only when I move the mouse (A Logitech G600). Does anyone have a reason why this could be happening? My best guess is that it's the sensitivity of the headphones combined with some driver shenanigans?

I'm not incredibly bothered by it because the static is only noticeable when no other audio is playing (almost never).

Cade Norman, Jun 9, 2023
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Move audio to one side for speakers but not headphones

Hello J1mmyth3F1sh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is your headphones getting detected in the Playback settings?
    • Are you trying to play the audio on both Speakers and Headphones at the same time?

Ideally, if you have configured Sound settings to play on your left speakers, the same goes with the headphones. The sound starts playing only on the left side of your headphones according to the settings changed.

Meanwhile, we can try configuring the headphones and change the balance level in the sound settings and see if it works. Kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it helps.

Method : Run audio test for your headphones.

• Open Control Panel from the Start menu and click on
      Sound.
    • In the Sound window, click on your
      Headphones and select Configure option at the bottom left.
    • By running the test, check if both sides of your headphones are working fine.

If that doesn’t help, I would suggest you to check with the audio balance by following the steps listed below:

• Open Sound settings from
      Control Panel,
      and right click on the Headphones to open its
      Properties.
    • Click on Levels tab and select
      Balance
      button. In the Balance window, you can use the slider to balance both left and right headphones equally.

However, I commend and appreciate you for recognizing this behavior. This is a valuable suggestion as there may be other users with a similar requirement. Hence, I suggest you to leave a
    Feedback for this product so
    that our developer team can look into this and check if it can be implemented in the future updates.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jun 9, 2023
  4. random faint melody playing in my headphones?

[WTB][EU]   Beginner audiophile headphones

i would also recommend looking at the Audio Technica m50s if this is your first step into audiophile headphones.

most of the cans you listed will also need an amp to push them.

THRiLL KiLL, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

random faint melody playing in my headphones?

1. random faint melody playing in my headphones? - Similar Threads - random faint melody

2. random faint melody playing in my headphones?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    random faint melody playing in my headphones?: I was playing Dead by Daylight when I heard some random noises in my headphones, I turned the sound up and I heard a faint melody playing, it stopped a while after the video ended. Nothing in chrome was playing sounds. I restarted my pc right after and checked audio manager...
  3. random faint melody playing in my headphones?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    random faint melody playing in my headphones?: I was playing Dead by Daylight when I heard some random noises in my headphones, I turned the sound up and I heard a faint melody playing, it stopped a while after the video ended. Nothing in chrome was playing sounds. I restarted my pc right after and checked audio manager...
  4. Faint static in headphones when moving mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Faint static in headphones when moving mouse: Hello! Not necessarily looking for a fix, just an answer if anyone has it. When I have my pair of Samson SR850s wired, semi-open back headphones plugged into the 3.5mm jack on my desktop PC running Windows 11 An Alienware Aurora R14, there's a very faint static that occurs...
  5. Faint static in headphones when moving mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Faint static in headphones when moving mouse: Hello! Not necessarily looking for a fix, just an answer if anyone has it. When I have my pair of Samson SR850s wired, semi-open back headphones plugged into the 3.5mm jack on my desktop PC running Windows 11 An Alienware Aurora R14, there's a very faint static that occurs...
  6. Seemingly Random Sound Playing in Headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seemingly Random Sound Playing in Headphones: Whenever I have my headphones plugged into my laptop, HP Pavilion x360 I occasionally hear a sound that I can best describe as a laser out of a scifi movie. It sounds kinda like these... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au6aYQLJYxI I can hear it even when I have the volume...
  7. Computer internals makes random faint noises sometimes.

Computer internals makes random faint noises sometimes.: Occasionally I'll hear whining or buzzing noises. whenever there is activity on my SSD.. or inactivity on some other hardware part like CPU or GPU. Sometimes i'll hear a faint noise when my computer is idle and nothing is using the graphics card. or very low power draw. Any...
  8. Faint words.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Faint words.: The headlines on my computer are very clear but narrative is faint and blurry. Tried Display Settings but can't resolve this issue. Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/faint-words/e581427c-02ec-4e62-b9ac-dcc2c383a641
  9. faint font

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    faint font: I have a new inspiron 7380 brand new. the font when you open file explorer is really faint. trying to get to support is almost impossible. I have a 4 year old inspiron and the font is strong and clear. any idea how to fix please?...
  10. why don't my headphones play?

why don't my headphones play?: Dell Inspiron 13-5368 2-in-1 laptop when i plug in my headphones, they do not work automatically. i dialog box SOMETIMES pops up asking what device did i plug in. then i have to click okay. but if the box does not pop up my headphones don't work. then i have to completely...