Windows 10: Random File After Office 2016 Installation

Discus and support Random File After Office 2016 Installation in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; So I installed Office 2016 and a random file appeared directly on the C drive in no folder. The file is called, "WindowsMSUIGHUB.tt2". Does anyone know... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Danielzxzx, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Random File After Office 2016 Installation

So I installed Office 2016 and a random file appeared directly on the C drive in no folder. The file is called, "WindowsMSUIGHUB.tt2". Does anyone know what this file is and if it's just some temporary file I'm safe to remove? I don't really want this file here as it looks ugly but I don't want to remove if it it's required for anything. Anyone have any idea what this is?

:)

Danielzxzx, Sep 25, 2015

2. After Windows Update (KB3199209) cannot access Microsoft Office 2010...

Same problem here, immediately after the patch.

All of my Office files defaulted to association with Office 2016, which I had on the PC (pre-installed) but I don't use, out of compatibilty issues with my workplace environment (I have an old HUP Office 2010 running and previously associated to the Office
    files by default). I tried to solve the problem by uninstalling Office 2016, but it somehow broke the Office 2010 install, too.

AngeloBuongiovanni, Sep 25, 2015
  3. **** IC2 Win User
    Password protected documents *may* not open in Office 2003 on Windows 10>10240 - but not consistently

I found a problem in W10 which I consider disturbing. Password protected Office documents may not open (error opening... followed by the usual range of useless suggestions) after upgrading to 10586, but which documents do or don't open varies from PC to
    PC.

A short history. I found that many Windows 10 systems receive regular updates but still show version 10240 (try 'winver' from Run to check). In only 1 case one PC came to 10586 months after the release. In other cases, only a lossless reinstall of W10 using
    the Media Creation tool helps. I did so for 2 PCs, after which I had some much problems one 1 that I rolled it back for that PC. One remarkable problem was that a password protected Office 2003 (.doc) wouldn't open - while the exactly same file opened on
    the other updates PC, also running Office 2003 (even tried it from a USB stick on both). After rolling back 10586 to 10240 on the problem PC, the same .doc opened without problems again.

This week I updated another 10240 PC to 10586 - and again the same problem.
    Remarkably, this time not with the same .doc file which refused a few month ago on the other PC, this opened fine now, but this time a password protected .docx file. I have Office 2016 on that PC and this Office opened the file without problems.

I can guess the replies, e.g. that W10 is only assured to be compatible back until Office 2007 and why I just don't use the Office 2016. To start with the latter: I dislike almost everything which was renewed in Office 2016 compared to 2003, from the things
    I use daily, starting with the fact that Office 2003 opens instantly and 2016 takes a few seconds, and followed by the ribbon, the help which is only off line (and still useless) and lots more. And to continue with the rest: If Office 2003 wouldn't have worked
    anymore, I'd never upgraded to W10, but it does. It works with everything, and fortunately also when Office 2016 is installed which I installed for reference only. But should a specific algorithm be incompatible with part of the the Windows SDK of a later
    version, I'd expect this to be consistent: it e.g. shouldn't work with any encrypted .doc or with any encrypted .docx file. Or at the very least: if encrypting with a certain key is the problem it may not work on only a specific document but in that case,
    it should not work across Windows 10 PC's with the same release on it. But because this varies, it makes one doubt about the reliability of Windows 10 in general.

Edit 6-12-2016:

After a clean install of the W10 Anniversary edition I decided not to reinstall Office 2016 again. However, I have checked out OneNote 2016 and that is actually a real good program. I installed the separate (free) version (instead of again the full Office
    2016) and directly after installation, several (random) docx files failed to open in either the Excel/WordViewer or Word/Excel 2003. So apparently the problem is somehow Office 2016. I now have to decide to reinstall Office 2016 (but save any document in .doc
    format because apparently the .docx format is not reliable in terms of backward compatibility) or just get rid of OneNote altogether.

**** IC2, Sep 25, 2015
  4. Florix Win User

Random File After Office 2016 Installation

WINDOWSMSUIGHUB is a temporary file for MS office. There are downloaded files for office excel powerpoint etc. and those can be delete safely after installing the updates. *Smile

Florix, Jan 23, 2016
Thema:

Random File After Office 2016 Installation

1. Random File After Office 2016 Installation - Similar Threads - Random File Office

2. Office 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 2016: I have Office 2016 and want to dictate to text in word, But am unable to turn it on through the File/options/general pathway, however there is no Office intelligent services listed under General for me to turn it on. So does my Office 2016 bundle include the necessary word...
  3. OFFICE 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OFFICE 2016: RESPECTED SIR/ MA'AM I WANT TO ASK A QUESTION THAT IS MICROSOFT OFFICE 2016 STILL AVAILABLE TO BE DOWNLOADED FOR FREE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2016/93c5c231-94de-44e9-a78b-35e78eed65ae
  4. Clean Office 2016 update files

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Clean Office 2016 update files: I recently updated Microsoft Office 2016 with the latest patches via Windows update. There were tons of updates. Like with Windows 10, I would like to clean the cache where the outdated files are stored, and possibly the registry. There are 4 GB of data somewhere on my...
  5. Office 2016 - File Corrupt

Office 2016 - File Corrupt: Hi, My installation of office isn't working right from the start! if i want to open a file not made by this copy of office, it says the file is corrupt. I can open the same excel file by opening excel, in the recent page, there's open other workbooks link, i can select the...
  6. Printer disappeared after installation of Office 2016

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer disappeared after installation of Office 2016: Just upgraded Office Products on my laptop to 2016. One of the offshoots is that now my printer (accessed through WIFI off my desktop) is no longer recognized, nor can be found, nor can be installed. Guess I thought that printer access was a Windows issue, not Office...
  7. Office 2016 - Custom Install

Office 2016 - Custom Install: I have used various Office product throughout the years and on install had the opportunity to "Custom Install" which allowed all types of changes from programme file locations to programmes to be loaded. My (detachable) laptop has a limited hard-drive size, and I would like...
  8. Office 2016 Installation Failed

Office 2016 Installation Failed: So I was trying to install Office 2016 Pro Plus (Volume licence) and every time I try it just ends up with Microsoft Office encountered an error during setup. This is incredibly frustrating and I have no idea why it's happening (since it doesn't display any specific error...
  9. Error installing Office 2016

Error installing Office 2016: HELP!!! I always get an error before the installer finish its installation. In my Previous OS(Windows 7 Ultimate), Office 2016 works fine. Few weeks after Installing Windows 10, something went wrong and everytime I open Word it asks to repair it. I already tried repairing...
  10. Office 2016 installation stuck "Finalizing Installation"

Office 2016 installation stuck "Finalizing Installation": Microsoft Office 2016 won't finish installing, it has been stuck on "finalizing installation. This may take a few minutes" for over a half an hour now. the progress bar is about three quarters full and has been for more than a half an hour. I googled the problem but only junk...