Windows 10: Random file extension are added automatically after every file.

Discus and support Random file extension are added automatically after every file. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Please help because I tried to rename thse files resulting in corrupting the file after removing .efji . [ATTACH][ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DhananjayKumar5, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Random file extension are added automatically after every file.

Please help because I tried to rename thse files resulting in corrupting the file after removing .efji .

Random file extension are added automatically after every file. b1a800a1-cd15-469e-acee-f8c8fdac8c24?upload=true.png Random file extension are added automatically after every file. aeeb3d71-28e9-4e26-9bf5-1344eec0c1b8?upload=true.png

:)

DhananjayKumar5, Oct 18, 2020

2. Can a file extension(.flv) be added to Default Program Associations.

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues associating a particular file extension with a program on Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

When you say that "Default Program Associations", are you referring to the list of default applications in default programs settings?

I want you to be informed that all the file extensions is listed in the default program settings which is displayed under
    Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

In default program list, all the programs or application will be listed. Then we can select each program as default program for opening a particular file.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps to make default program for a particular file extension.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Default Programs and click on Choose Default for this Programs.

4. Select .flv file from the list.

Also you can try other steps to associate the a particular extenstion with the program.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program
    and search for .flv extension from the list.

4. Click on .flv and then click on Change Program.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 18, 2020
  3. FordGT90Concept, Oct 18, 2020
  4. GTX
    GTX Win User

Random file extension are added automatically after every file.

BIN extension file problem

ok thanks everybody for help and for trying to help *Smile Random file extension are added automatically after every file. :)
    i solved the problem... it was a simple deamon tools file just its not in the extension file
    sorry for opening a thread for this ...

Thema:

Random file extension are added automatically after every file.

1. Random file extension are added automatically after every file. - Similar Threads - Random file extension

2. PowerShell script for recursively adding a specific extension to files that have no extension

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PowerShell script for recursively adding a specific extension to files that have no extension: I have the below PowerShell script to add ".dcm" to any files found in subfolders that do not have an extension. However, when it is run, I get an error for all of the files found that says:Rename-Item : A positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument '+'.At...
  3. Renaming a file WITHOUT!!!! automatically highlighting file extension

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renaming a file WITHOUT!!!! automatically highlighting file extension: When I use to rename a file, I would do a slow double click and it would highlight the name of the file but not the extension.Like this:filename123.jpgI don't know why this was changed or when, but when now when I go to rename a file and do the slow double click it...
  4. Renaming a file WITHOUT!!!! automatically highlighting file extension

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renaming a file WITHOUT!!!! automatically highlighting file extension: When I use to rename a file, I would do a slow double click and it would highlight the name of the file but not the extension.Like this:filename123.jpgI don't know why this was changed or when, but when now when I go to rename a file and do the slow double click it...
  5. Renaming a file WITHOUT!!!! automatically highlighting file extension

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My files have an ".bccebddabd" added to their extensions.

My files have an ".bccebddabd" added to their extensions.: I had reinstalled windows 10 and all every files in "users" folder that I was manually backup Pictures/Documents/Videos subfolders have an ".bccebddabd" added to their extensions. I try renamed them back to their original extensions and still can not open it. How is this...
  7. Random 10GB file without extension

Random 10GB file without extension: I was looking in one of my own created folders, and I saw this file named s2jo. No extension at the end. When I tried opening it, it gives me a variety of options Notepad, Visual Studio, etc. but they all can't open it and give errors like "File can't be found." I tried...
  8. Random files appearing with no file extension

Random files appearing with no file extension: A customer has reported lots of files appearing on their desktop, and folders inside their desktop. I do not know the origin of these files or how they are appearing. All of the files have no file extension. I have tried setting file explorer view settings to not show...
  9. Interpunct after file extension

Interpunct after file extension: Hello A lot of image files and video files have interpunct after the file extension. If I try to open the file, it does not open. Even if I remove the dot/interpunct from the file extension then it still does not open. I have a lot of important data in my hard drive and I...
  10. .processed file extension added to many files

in Windows 10 Support
    .processed file extension added to many files: I searched online, but have found absolutely nothing that helps! Just noticed that a lot of my files suddenly have a double extension. Somehow .processed was added to the original extension. All the files affected seem to be in the "Downloads" folder, as far as I can tell....