Windows 10: Random File in "Downloads"

Discus and support Random File in "Downloads" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, i went to open a file in the Downloads folder, and there was a file called "GJNS" with no file extension. Should i reset my PC? Should i be scared?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bruh878, Sep 29, 2021.

1. Bruh878 Win User

Random File in "Downloads"

So, i went to open a file in the Downloads folder, and there was a file called "GJNS" with no file extension. Should i reset my PC? Should i be scared? Please answer. Thanks!

:)

Bruh878, Sep 29, 2021

2. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Sep 29, 2021
  3. my computer keeps on downloading random software

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• Could you please tell me whether the downloading software belongs to Microsoft?

The issue might occur due to download of random softwares.I will certainly help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1

If downloading software belongs to Microsoft,then I suggest you to refer the article below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Note:Updates and drivers are installed automatically, with no need to select which updates are needed or not needed. In rare cases, a specific driver or update might temporarily cause issues with your device, and in this case
    you will need a way to prevent the problematic driver or update from reinstalling automatically the next time Windows Updates are installed.

Method 2

I also suggest you to follow the steps below and check:

• press Windows + r to open run command.
    • Run services.msc to open Services Manager.
    • Ensure that the Windows Defender service is started and set to Automatic.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Sep 29, 2021
  4. monim1 Win User

EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Sep 29, 2021
Thema:

1. Random File in "Downloads" - Similar Threads - Random File Downloads

2. Random .json files downloading to desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random .json files downloading to desktop?: What are these random .JSON files that keep downloading onto my desktop after each login? These are each of the files after I sent them to the trash bin....
  3. Random .json files downloading to desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random .json files downloading to desktop?: What are these random .JSON files that keep downloading onto my desktop after each login? These are each of the files after I sent them to the trash bin....
  4. Random Download.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Download.: Today, I was using my computer, on youtube, and all of a sudden youtube closes. In the middle of my desktop, I have a .txt file called CarBattle. I don’t know what it is, I never made it, so I checked and it was downloaded the minute before. 9:34PM PST. If you are wondering,...
  5. Random drive file download

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Random drive file download: I was browsing a streaming site that had a lot of pop up ads and might not have been the most trustworthy. Then randomly a file with no name or description, only a windows drive icon started downloading and got instantly canceled without giving me any information. I checked...
  6. Files randomly move from Downloads to Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files randomly move from Downloads to Desktop: I almost never move stuff from Downloads to a folder or anything else, and out of nowhere almost every file in Downloads gets moved to desktop, even games I've uninstalled completely. I don't know why it happens, and its been doing it for the past few months at random. Once I...
  7. Files randomly move from Downloads to Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files randomly move from Downloads to Desktop: I almost never move stuff from Downloads to a folder or anything else, and out of nowhere almost every file in Downloads gets moved to desktop, even games I've uninstalled completely. I don't know why it happens, and its been doing it for the past few months at random. Once I...
  8. Files randomly move from Downloads to Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Random files being downloaded. Antivirus detection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Random files being downloaded. Antivirus detection: I have a paid antivirus. I keep getting notifications from the antivirus that there have been files downloaded and that there is no threat in the files. The file names are abnormally long and have random letters uppercase and lower case. Even though the antivirus says the...
  10. File downloads randomly shut down

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File downloads randomly shut down: Hello,for some time I've been unable to download files using browsers. My internet works well but whenever I try to download some files they randomly stop during the process. I tried opera, chrome and firefox and this problem occurs in all of them. I tried setting my PC into...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Random 591522