Windows 10: Random files being downloaded. Antivirus detection

Discus and support Random files being downloaded. Antivirus detection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a paid antivirus. I keep getting notifications from the antivirus that there have been files downloaded and that there is no threat in the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Prahalad l, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Random files being downloaded. Antivirus detection

I have a paid antivirus. I keep getting notifications from the antivirus that there have been files downloaded and that there is no threat in the files. The file names are abnormally long and have random letters uppercase and lower case. Even though the antivirus says the randomly downloaded files are safe, I need to know if the files are normal windows update thing or from websites downloading malware. I'm sorry I don't have picture proof of the notification. When i get another notification, I will add the screenshot.

:)

Prahalad l, Jan 14, 2022
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Ruz San Win User
    Antivirus Detecting HKLM Files?

Hi Gonzalo,

Security software can access and manage locations on your computer that control system functions, including Windows Registry. If a registry value is detected by your antivirus as invalid or incorrect, it gives you the option to remove it. We need to consider
    several things to address this concern correctly. Please answer the following:

• Do you encounter any issues regarding your computer's performance?
    • Is the computer part of a server or workgroup?

Registry items directs how your computer will behave. Before applying changes, it's best that you back up Windows Registry. Open

this link
    to know how you can back up and restore items in Windows Registry.

We also recommend running the System File Checker tool to correct possible errors regarding system files and registry values. You can click

this link
    to learn more about using the suggested tool.

We can move forward depending on your response.

Regards.

Ruz San, Jan 14, 2022
  4. Random files being downloaded. Antivirus detection

Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

Random files being downloaded. Antivirus detection

1. Random files being downloaded. Antivirus detection - Similar Threads - Random files being

2. USB Microphone randomly not being detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Microphone randomly not being detected: Hi, I have an weird issue where my USB microphone Audio-Technica AT2020USB+ doesn't get recognized by Windows; randomly. This issue started happening ever since I've upgraded to Windows 11 and I can't recall being a problem on Windows 10. Also, I think it may started...
  3. USB Microphone randomly not being detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Microphone randomly not being detected: Hi, I have an weird issue where my USB microphone Audio-Technica AT2020USB+ doesn't get recognized by Windows; randomly. This issue started happening ever since I've upgraded to Windows 11 and I can't recall being a problem on Windows 10. Also, I think it may started...
  4. Antivirus Disabled Randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antivirus Disabled Randomly: I have multiple antiviruses such as Mcaffee [currently disabled] and Malwarebytes Premium TrialI got a notification from my Windows Defender saying all my antiviruses were disabled, I ran my Full Scan and I'm running the configured scan with Malwarebytes.I have multiple...
  5. Antivirus Disabled Randomly

Antivirus Disabled Randomly: I have multiple antiviruses such as Mcaffee [currently disabled] and Malwarebytes Premium TrialI got a notification from my Windows Defender saying all my antiviruses were disabled, I ran my Full Scan and I'm running the configured scan with Malwarebytes.I have multiple...
  6. Ethernet cable randomly not being detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet cable randomly not being detected: I been having this issue for a while now on my new PC, it keeps saying it doesnt detect it but the light in the back flickers and when i look at my device manager its there on the list with an ! on it. I have googled and uninstalled driver did a hard reboot, and even turned...
  7. Ethernet cable randomly not being detected

Ethernet cable randomly not being detected: I been having this issue for a while now on my new PC, it keeps saying it doesnt detect it but the light in the back flickers and when i look at my device manager its there on the list with an ! on it. I have googled and uninstalled driver did a hard reboot, and even turned...
  8. Random File in "Downloads"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Random File in "Downloads": So, i went to open a file in the Downloads folder, and there was a file called "GJNS" with no file extension. Should i reset my PC? Should i be scared? Please answer. Thanks!...
  9. antivirus is nt being activated

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    antivirus is nt being activated: [ATTACH] whenever i try to active k7 total security ..it show this.... and after closing this dilouge box..it show this-------> [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antivirus-is-nt-being-activated/c2011818-a53e-4c44-94e2-9f639e45c31a
  10. Downloads always being denied Failed - Virus Detected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Downloads always being denied Failed - Virus Detected: So i've been cracking at this for a few days now. No matter what I do I can't seem to fix this issue. I use chrome, I've tried to download a snipcola file for roblox and it is always removed for being a virus. Now, I have tested this out on edge as well, still got the same...