Windows 10: Random files in all directories

Discus and support Random files in all directories in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, All over the desktop and in random folders on my USB stick I have XSL stylesheet files. The seem like Office/World style templates. If I delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TheCase, Mar 26, 2019.

1. TheCase Win User

Random files in all directories

Hello,

All over the desktop and in random folders on my USB stick I have XSL stylesheet files. The seem like Office/World style templates. If I delete them they reappear when office is opened.

I tried to repair office but it doesn't seem to help.

Any ideas why these are being generated in all folders and how to stop them.

Thanks

:)

TheCase, Mar 26, 2019
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Mar 26, 2019
  3. Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Mar 26, 2019
  4. Random files in all directories

Directory Size Utility

Change Log v1.6

• Resoved an issue where selecting "Detail" from the "View" drop down would cause duplicates.
    • New "Peek" feature!
      • Selecting something in the Directory column in the Directory view (Left window) while holding "z" will peek into that directory!
      • Double clicking the Directory column in the directory view(Left window) while holding "z" will add the folder.
    • New color coded feature in both Size columns for Detailed view.
    • Exporting to Excel will now Export both Folder (left) and File (right) window. In the excel file the Folder, and File window will be on different sheets.
    • Add a feature to export to older excel 97-2003 (.xls) from the file/export drop down window.
    Download HERE!

Don't forget to enter to win this game bundle! here Drawing is this Friday!

Mindweaver, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

Random files in all directories

1. Random files in all directories - Similar Threads - Random files directories

2. "No such file or directory"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "No such file or directory": Hi.I installed a library for VS Code called "SDL2" and when I include it in my code editor, it seems fine at first but when I run my code, I keep getting this error that I can't resolve: "SDL2/SDL.h: No such file or directory."This is where the file is located:...
  3. "No such file or directory"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "No such file or directory": Hi.I installed a library for VS Code called "SDL2" and when I include it in my code editor, it seems fine at first but when I run my code, I keep getting this error that I can't resolve: "SDL2/SDL.h: No such file or directory."This is where the file is located:...
  4. File Directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Directory: Can you compare the content of two different directories in Windows 11?I have a Lenovo Yoga 7i with Microsoft Windows 11 Home Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621 Thank you for any information....
  5. File Directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Directory: Can you compare the content of two different directories in Windows 11?I have a Lenovo Yoga 7i with Microsoft Windows 11 Home Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621 Thank you for any information....
  6. File directory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File directory: Is there anyway to revert back to the old format, this new one is awful. submitted by /u/Mystreanon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/nfm3lv/file_directory/
  7. Move or rename of a directory on USB drive deletes all files/directories in it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move or rename of a directory on USB drive deletes all files/directories in it.: Window 10 home on a Lenovo IdeaPad: I have a new 2Tbyte USB FLASH drive. On using it as a backup I get Error 80070570 errors. To debug I copied one of the files that had the error to a different directory with no problem. I deleted the original/error directory and renamed...
  8. File explorer sort all folders/directories the same

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer sort all folders/directories the same: All i want to do is to sort all directories across windows 10 the same as a directory I have already sorted the way I want all of them to look like. In other words i have manually sorted a directory the way i want all of them across my computer to look like. Seems like I've...
  9. File History Not Copying All Files and Directories

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History Not Copying All Files and Directories: I have windows 10 version 1803, and noticed today that the directory structure set up on my external hard drive by File History is different to the directory structure it is supposed to be copying across, in that there are many sub-directories missing. Some of the missing...
  10. random directory display

in Windows 10 Support
    random directory display: Hi, Each time event Id98 [Ntfs (Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs)] triggers, directory of external disk (E:\) is displaying on the screen. I would like to know how to suppress this display. System files are ok with sfc /scannow Thank you for your help 51950