Random Files showing up in the roots of HDDs

Discus and support Random Files showing up in the roots of HDDs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] After I upgraded to Windows 10, I've noticed that my OS drive which is C:\ has random files that CAN be deleted but shows up again after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KingIsaiahIV, Aug 8, 2015.

1. KingIsaiahIV Win User

Random Files showing up in the roots of HDDs [​IMG]
    After I upgraded to Windows 10, I've noticed that my OS drive which is C:\ has random files that CAN be deleted but shows up again after rebooting the OS. I've also noticed that when I connect my external HDD, Toshiba Canvio Simple 1TB, those random files shows up on the root of that HDD drive. But when I connect a flash drive, it never shows up.

:)

KingIsaiahIV, Aug 8, 2015
  2. SteveHargreaves Win User

Windows 10 - settings - storage usage - other?

Hi there. I had already enabled "show hidden files and folders" so no luck there.

It is very strange as the other folder in storage keeps showing what seem like random amounts of HDD space being taken up. At the moment it is saying 6.5gb - and again, once inside it says just over a gig is being used.

Not sure what else is hidden that could be fluctuating in HDD space so wildly?

Thanks

SteveHargreaves, Aug 8, 2015
  3. JH80 Win User
    Random files not showing up in Documents library

Thanks, that's the first thing I tried when it happened before. I'm fairly sure it is an indexing problem. This didn't solve it last time though, I'll try again and see if it works.

JH80, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

1. Random Files showing up in the roots of HDDs - Similar Threads - Random Files showing

2. Can`t install any .msi file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can`t install any .msi file: Can`t install any .msi file. Shows this message: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/cant-install-any-msi-file/6635c606-200c-48c1-889c-5733f08becc9
  3. File Explorer Refuses to Open on My PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Refuses to Open on My PC: File Explorer will refuse to open on my PC. when I double click on the icon in my taskbar and start menu, the screen will go black for a second (excluding taskbar) and nothing else will happen....
  4. Desktop icons doesn't show up until I restart explorer.exe on task manager on start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons doesn't show up until I restart explorer.exe on task manager on start up: Hello I've had this problem for over a month now and I do not know what has caused it Every time I start my computer up or restart (sleep not affected) my desktop icons are all gone If I go on file explorer and check my drives, everything is still there but if I try to...
  5. Backup files without using single file image or keeping older copies?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup files without using single file image or keeping older copies?: I want to be able to backup files and folders onto an external drive without them being combined into some sort of Windows image file, like Backup and Restore Windows 7 feature does. The File History backup does what I want, but I don't want to keep previous versions of...
  6. Bluetooth not available after waking up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth not available after waking up: Sometimes when my PC's been asleep, the Bluetooth settings completely disappear from the entire laptop, even under search, as well as the recognized devices. The only temporary fix seems to be to reboot....
  7. bdos randomly just want to know what went wrong

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bdos randomly just want to know what went wrong: here is the mini dump file https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aiv6T9qpPR6GgYR5xcfjzEsmAVS3vg the reason why there's two is because my computer crashed earlier as well but the newest one didn't show a blue screen if you could look at both i would appreciate it and if it has anything to do...
  8. Shows a different file size when hovering as opposed to properties.

in Windows 10 Support
    Shows a different file size when hovering as opposed to properties.: This is an issue I just discovered. I have a folder on my desktop that is 10.8GB. It has many files and folders inside of it. When I hover my mouse over it, it shows the correct total size of the contents of the folder i.e. 10.8GB. However, if I right click the folder and go...
  9. Hard drive shows up in This PC, but not Intel Rapid Storage

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard drive shows up in This PC, but not Intel Rapid Storage: I have two eternal hard drives hooked up to my motherboard. I can see them both in This PC and can copy and delete files from both. I actually wiped them both clean and formatted them on this new PC that I just built, and everything seemed fine until I installed Intel Rapid...
  10. Task Manager: Google Chrome Not Showing Up?

in Browsers and Email
    Task Manager: Google Chrome Not Showing Up?: Hey guys, Google Chrome just crashed and rebooted itself, but it's not showing up in Task Manager so I'm unable to "End process" it like I normally do in Task Manager. I've never had this problem before... Thanks! 115926