Windows 10: Random Files showing up in the roots of HDDs

Discus and support Random Files showing up in the roots of HDDs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] After I upgraded to Windows 10, I've noticed that my OS drive which is C:\ has random files that CAN be deleted but shows up again after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KingIsaiahIV, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Random Files showing up in the roots of HDDs

Random Files showing up in the roots of HDDs [​IMG]
    After I upgraded to Windows 10, I've noticed that my OS drive which is C:\ has random files that CAN be deleted but shows up again after rebooting the OS. I've also noticed that when I connect my external HDD, Toshiba Canvio Simple 1TB, those random files shows up on the root of that HDD drive. But when I connect a flash drive, it never shows up.

:)

KingIsaiahIV, Aug 8, 2015

2. Windows 10 - settings - storage usage - other?

Hi there. I had already enabled "show hidden files and folders" so no luck there.

It is very strange as the other folder in storage keeps showing what seem like random amounts of HDD space being taken up. At the moment it is saying 6.5gb - and again, once inside it says just over a gig is being used.

Not sure what else is hidden that could be fluctuating in HDD space so wildly?

Thanks

SteveHargreaves, Aug 8, 2015
  3. JH80 Win User
    Random files not showing up in Documents library

Thanks, that's the first thing I tried when it happened before. I'm fairly sure it is an indexing problem. This didn't solve it last time though, I'll try again and see if it works.

JH80, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

Random Files showing up in the roots of HDDs

1. Random Files showing up in the roots of HDDs - Similar Threads - Random Files showing

2. My external HDDs are not connecting the ASMedia ASMT105X controller shows up but not the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external HDDs are not connecting the ASMedia ASMT105X controller shows up but not the...: My external HDDs are not connecting the ASMedia ASMT105X controller shows up but not the drives attached to them. I have to keep the drive plugged in and restart the PC for the drive to show up. They work fine with my other PCs....
  3. My external HDDs are not connecting the ASMedia ASMT105X controller shows up but not the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My external HDDs are not connecting the ASMedia ASMT105X controller shows up but not the...: My external HDDs are not connecting the ASMedia ASMT105X controller shows up but not the drives attached to them. I have to keep the drive plugged in and restart the PC for the drive to show up. They work fine with my other PCs....
  4. These hidden files randomly popped up in my root directory...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    These hidden files randomly popped up in my root directory...: Hi there,I found out today that a number of hidden folders suddenly appeared in my root directory and a few other directories like users and program data. I was wondering what these folders are. I don't have access to many of these folders.its about the following folders:-...
  5. These hidden files randomly popped up in my root directory...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    These hidden files randomly popped up in my root directory...: Hi there,I found out today that a number of hidden folders suddenly appeared in my root directory and a few other directories like users and program data. I was wondering what these folders are. I don't have access to many of these folders.its about the following folders:-...
  6. These hidden files randomly popped up in my root directory...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. HDDs keep spinning up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDDs keep spinning up: So for a long time I had 2 SSDs and 3 HDDs with my Power Plan set to spin down disks after 20 min. Everything worked fine, the disks would remain spun down when not in use. The other day I added a 4th HDD(don't know for sure if this is even related), and now all 4 disks are...
  8. Random accessed files showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random accessed files showing up: Hi all, I've noticed since my last windows update (10.0.19041 Build 19041) when I go to attach a file in an email and it opens up my "recent items", the file I just created will be low down on the list. I just thought it was a little glitch, no big deal really. However, as...
  9. HDDs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDDs: dose windows 10 changes the HDD from MBR to GBT or vise versa automatically, if so is it wipe it out or the data still there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdds/be966c48-b80c-4b05-b8d0-56fedab7e10e
  10. showing the total of folders/files in drive root

in Windows 10 Support
    showing the total of folders/files in drive root: Properties are shown differently for folders and roots. Root properties only shows used and free space. Folder properties shows Size, Size on Disk, number of files/folders. Questions: 1 - How can I discover on the root drive the total of folders and files on drive? 2...