Random Files showing up in the roots of HDDs

Discus and support Random Files showing up in the roots of HDDs in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; [img] After I upgraded to Windows 10, I've noticed that my OS drive which is C:\ has random files that CAN be deleted but shows up again after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KingIsaiahIV, Aug 8, 2015.

1. KingIsaiahIV Win User

[​IMG]
    After I upgraded to Windows 10, I've noticed that my OS drive which is C:\ has random files that CAN be deleted but shows up again after rebooting the OS. I've also noticed that when I connect my external HDD, Toshiba Canvio Simple 1TB, those random files shows up on the root of that HDD drive. But when I connect a flash drive, it never shows up.

:)

KingIsaiahIV, Aug 8, 2015
  2. SteveHargreaves Win User

Windows 10 - settings - storage usage - other?

Hi there. I had already enabled "show hidden files and folders" so no luck there.

It is very strange as the other folder in storage keeps showing what seem like random amounts of HDD space being taken up. At the moment it is saying 6.5gb - and again, once inside it says just over a gig is being used.

Not sure what else is hidden that could be fluctuating in HDD space so wildly?

Thanks

SteveHargreaves, Aug 8, 2015
  3. JH80 Win User
    Random files not showing up in Documents library

Thanks, that's the first thing I tried when it happened before. I'm fairly sure it is an indexing problem. This didn't solve it last time though, I'll try again and see if it works.

JH80, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

Random Files showing up in the roots of HDDs - Similar Threads - Random Files showing

1. Random File Encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Random File Encryption: Hi guys, just joined because I'm having W10 issues. My computer started to randomly encrypt files, where I would have to manually decrypt them via the properties. Only issue now is that it says I have no admin rights, whereas before it was decrypting fine.... Here is my...
  2. Random BSOD, need help reading DUMP file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD, need help reading DUMP file: Hi everyone, I bought a new computer a few days ago. I put it together with my brother, this wasn't the first machine we assembled, so everything should be fine on that front. Then, i installed up-to-date drivers from the manufacturer's homepages for my Mainboard and...
  3. Stability issues, random hangs (black or white screen), some dmp files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stability issues, random hangs (black or white screen), some dmp files: I've been experiencing some significant stability issues with my PC for a couple of months now. The problems often don't result in BSODs (maybe once or twice?) but rather things like: The screen(s) flash and then go full white and the system becomes unresponsive (no...
  4. File transfer speeds over LAN network (wired) - very slow, random

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File transfer speeds over LAN network (wired) - very slow, random: ok folks.......i am begging someone on here to help me - on the verge of going back to windows 7. Tried everything. help me. please. i have an x99 chipset pc, i7 5820k, 16gb ram, gtx nvidia 970 - its a good pc (meant to be anyway............). it's connected directly...
  5. Files stored in External USB HDD randomly disappear or do not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Files stored in External USB HDD randomly disappear or do not open: I am using 2 laptops running windows 10 pro build 10240. I save my files (MS Word & Excel) directly on a Seagate External USB Drive (2 TB) which is named "M Drive" using Disk Manager. Files which are saved to the external hdd from 1 laptop randomly disappear when the...
  6. Computer keeps trying to open random file

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer keeps trying to open random file: As of Friday I've been getting a random file every hour on the hour that tabs me out of games or whatever I'm doing. I recorded the popup file and screenshotted the imagine any help would be greatly appreciated, praying it's not a virus. 85719
  7. Files and Folders randomly dissappeard

in Windows 10 Support
    Files and Folders randomly dissappeard: Hello! I am looking for some help regarding a problem I just ran into. Earlier today I had filmed a video and was editing it. I saved all the files to my D: drive (1TB hardrive) I had been saving them in a folder that was a few folders deep into my D: drive....