Windows 10: Random flash on screen every few seconds

Discus and support Random flash on screen every few seconds in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I can see a random flash of a window or some widget on my screen every few seconds. I want to find out the application that is doing it. Any ideas how... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Vikzard, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Vikzard Win User

Random flash on screen every few seconds

I can see a random flash of a window or some widget on my screen every few seconds. I want to find out the application that is doing it. Any ideas how I can find out? Thanks

:)

Vikzard, Oct 20, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Screen flashes black for a second

Hi,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check as driver updates are also part of Windows updates.

Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Also uninstall and reinstall Display drivers from manufacturer website and check. Refer the steps below.

• Press “Windows + X” and select
      Device Manager

• Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.

• Right click on the driver icon and click on
      Properties

• Go to Driver tab.

• Select Uninstall and follow onscreen instructions.

You may also refer the link below and follow the suggestions suggested.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

Do let us know if the screen flashes. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Oct 20, 2020
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Random flash on screen every few seconds - Similar Threads - Random flash screen

2. Why is my screen flashing black for a few seconds every 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my screen flashing black for a few seconds every 5 minutes: I’ve tried updating my driver and even disabling and reenabling it, I’ve tried hard resetting my pc pressing the button for 5 seconds. I’ve tried to roll back my driver, I’ve tried updating that and windows, I’ve verified game files in the app, I didnt really have this issue...
  3. Why is my screen flashing black for a few seconds every 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my screen flashing black for a few seconds every 5 minutes: I’ve tried updating my driver and even disabling and reenabling it, I’ve tried hard resetting my pc pressing the button for 5 seconds. I’ve tried to roll back my driver, I’ve tried updating that and windows, I’ve verified game files in the app, I didnt really have this issue...
  4. Why is my screen flashing black for a few seconds every 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Desktop flashes my Winows Color every few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop flashes my Winows Color every few seconds: Every few seconds, my desktop flashes my Windows Colour, and all the icons dissappear and reappear.It's also made my computer run slower.Link to a video of what it looks like: http://imgur.com/gallery/8zrwLiX...
  6. popup every few seconds

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    popup every few seconds: hi i keep getting a popup saying your licence is about to exspire soon & when i go to activation it wont let me troubleshoot it i am just at a loss as i dont know what they are asking for can anyone help also will i lose my internet connection without this licence ? thankyou...
  7. random black screen for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    random black screen for a few seconds: As the title says, I've been having random black screen. Happens once in a few days and looks like lost signal (screen turns off for a few seconds and then turns back on) but when it happens some apps like photoshop and blender always crash. Everything else works fine and...
  8. Mouse randomly freezing every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse randomly freezing every few seconds.: Lately I’ve noticed my mouse freezing every 20 or so seconds, and after a day or two the problem became worse and the mouse froze every 3 or 4 seconds. I have tried many solutions online to fix this problem, to no avail. I’ve uninstalled Realtek audio managed, and disabled...
  9. Screens flashing off and on every 30 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screens flashing off and on every 30 seconds: My computer screens flash off every 30 seconds or so. It doesnt effect any application I have open or system windows such as control panel. It does however close windows explorer window when it flashes. When I look at the event viewer it is showing almost 600 events...
  10. Screen dims and brightens every few seconds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen dims and brightens every few seconds: The screen on my Dell Inspiron 5555 laptop keeps dimming then brightening every few seconds. I'm running Windows 10 with the October 2018 update. I've tried to adjust the battery settings, the power mode, and the brightness, but I've had no luck solving the problem. Is...