Windows 10: Random Folders Appearing in my D Drive

Discus and support Random Folders Appearing in my D Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, im having trouble with these random folders appearing in my d drive, even after i delete them they reappear, not sure what they are from,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Luke Atwell, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Random Folders Appearing in my D Drive

Hi there, im having trouble with these random folders appearing in my d drive, even after i delete them they reappear, not sure what they are from, scanned for virus's and malware but nothing comes up, this hard drive is mainly used for game storage and other files. windows 10 Random Folders Appearing in my D Drive 15bc88c6-2016-4e7c-92b9-a6a0a35ee160?upload=true.png

:)

Luke Atwell, Jul 25, 2020

2. Random folders appearing to my new hard drive

You need to find out what is creating them exactly, right click the folders and see what they are tied to.

eidairaman1, Jul 25, 2020
  3. Random folders appearing to my new hard drive

In process explorer right click on columns > select columns > process disk tab > enable disk delta write bytes
    Order the process list by disk delta write bytes columns and monitor which process springs on top when files and folders are being created.
    If it's one of the svchost.exe instances then look at it's modules and threads in the lower pane to detect the culprit.

BiggieShady, Jul 25, 2020
  4. nemo_fin Win User

Random Folders Appearing in my D Drive

Random folders appearing to my new hard drive

So this kind of files appear daily onto my hard drive.

Random Folders Appearing in my D Drive ecb15f62b9674cd5e5863486ee7f3b25.png

Inside the files there are file of random words, for example:
    Random Folders Appearing in my D Drive 8f406cc8af0ef98ee3ddbc44517ef8ca.png

I have tried removing them, which didnt work because they kept appearing. Anyone has a solution how to stop these files from appearing onto my hard drive?

nemo_fin, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Random Folders Appearing in my D Drive

1. Random Folders Appearing in my D Drive - Similar Threads - Random Folders Appearing

2. D: Drive disappeared randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D: Drive disappeared randomly: D: Drive disappeared randomly from Disk/Device management but shows up in bios cant see it in file explorer either anyone care to help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-disappeared-randomly/59882986-b162-4693-adcb-83494b41f0d9
  3. Random WindowsApps folders just appeared on my D disk for no reason.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random WindowsApps folders just appeared on my D disk for no reason.: Random WindowsApps folders just appeared on my D disk for no reason. I was installing some games on xbox games pass and I have a dedicated folder for that, however this folder suddenly appeared and i cannot delete it as it's asking for administrator permission. Can i do...
  4. Random WindowsApps folders just appeared on my D disk for no reason.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random WindowsApps folders just appeared on my D disk for no reason.: Random WindowsApps folders just appeared on my D disk for no reason. I was installing some games on xbox games pass and I have a dedicated folder for that, however this folder suddenly appeared and i cannot delete it as it's asking for administrator permission. Can i do...
  5. Random WindowsApps folders just appeared on my D disk for no reason.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Random numbered and lettered files appearing in my D drive programfiles (86x) folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random numbered and lettered files appearing in my D drive programfiles (86x) folder: (look at photos provided) I have randomly been getting these as far back as 2020 never been able to figure out what it is just thought it was part of windows. I checked back recently and I find that its been making these files non stop almost every 10 mins of the day and now...
  7. Random Program Files Folder on D: Drive

Random Program Files Folder on D: Drive: hey y’all, i got a new ssd and i’m replacing my Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive with it i used to download games on that drive (the D: drive is the external hard drive) and after i got an SSD (E:) i started downloading games there i’ve moved all my files from my D: Drive to...
  8. (Dell g7 15) Why does my D drive randomly appear and disappear

(Dell g7 15) Why does my D drive randomly appear and disappear: So I’ve had my laptop for over a year now, all drivers and updates updated (as far as I know) and the d drive constantly disappears until I restart the laptop, and then shortly disappears again. Is there any fix to this, because honestly it’s making me just want to buy an...
  9. Random ? Icon on D Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Random ? Icon on D Drive: Hey, I suddenly have two desktops I believe. There is a D:/ drive that says Desktop and has a question mark icon it. I cannot delete it or go on properties at all. I restarted my laptop and now all i have are shortcuts and that wont load unless I go on file explorer and...
  10. Random Folders Appearing on the C:\ Drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Random Folders Appearing on the C:\ Drive: I have a few Windows 10 systems with clean installs (not upgraded) whose C:\ drives are filling up with random hex named folders; over 50K of them. From what I have read, this could be related to temporary update folders, but they are not being deleted. The folders are named...