Windows 10: Random Folders

Discus and support Random Folders in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I keep getting what seems like hundreds of files being created in my drive. [ATTACH] I opened one of the folders, and there was a FILE file, I opened... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ibrahim2204, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Random Folders

I keep getting what seems like hundreds of files being created in my drive.

Random Folders 99a2374c-e6da-48c3-8b11-be701872a171?upload=true.jpg

I opened one of the folders, and there was a FILE file, I opened it in notepads and I saw this : Random Folders 2d5f06b4-5452-48a4-88e3-7a6b9246342a?upload=true.jpg And this is only part of it, there is a lot more, I tried to google translate it, and apparently its Korean, I couldn't translate much of it, only the first few words which said: "Replying to @Justice", I tried translating some other stuff, there was Chinese and what seemed to be some Arabic.

Also when I try to delete some folders, it says the folder is running/open in another application, and there is no way to receive more details.

I ran Malewarebytes Free and it Quarantined one thing, and that was 2 days ago when I first spotted the problem, except the problem persisted. I also ran Microsoft Safety Scanner and it didn't detect anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Ibrahim2204, Sep 17, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. Random Folders

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Random Folders

1. Random Folders - Similar Threads - Random Folders

2. What is this random folder with numbers that showed on my desktop? it contains a few ".cat"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is this random folder with numbers that showed on my desktop? it contains a few ".cat"...: i had a virus the other day, so i installed windows again and on my pc was a file that looked like a long date code, and i opened it and it showed 3 or 4 cat files, and the signature was "microsoft third party component CA 2012". the 9-file opened in notepad and notepad...
  3. What is this random folder with numbers that showed on my desktop? it contains a few ".cat"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is this random folder with numbers that showed on my desktop? it contains a few ".cat"...: i had a virus the other day, so i installed windows again and on my pc was a file that looked like a long date code, and i opened it and it showed 3 or 4 cat files, and the signature was "microsoft third party component CA 2012". the 9-file opened in notepad and notepad...
  4. Help! I i randomized my C:\User folders names, how to revert?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help! I i randomized my C:\User folders names, how to revert?: So i had to randomize some files names in one specific folder using Power Shell, but i did it on my user directory by accident, so my Downloads, Documents, Videos etc. user folders are some random letters now, and i can't access them using Explorer's shortcuts on left...
  5. Help! I i randomized my C:\User folders names, how to revert?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! I i randomized my C:\User folders names, how to revert?: So i had to randomize some files names in one specific folder using Power Shell, but i did it on my user directory by accident, so my Downloads, Documents, Videos etc. user folders are some random letters now, and i can't access them using Explorer's shortcuts on left...
  6. Help! I i randomized my C:\User folders names, how to revert?

7. Windows 11 Microsoft Defender random folder protection causing system restore point to be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Microsoft Defender random folder protection causing system restore point to be...: Windows 11 Microsoft Defender random folder protection when turned on or enabled is causing system restore point to be stuck in a loop anyone else discover this issue?If i turn off the folder protection feature i can create system restore point within seconds. but when its...
  8. Windows 11 Microsoft Defender random folder protection causing system restore point to be...

Windows 11 Microsoft Defender random folder protection causing system restore point to be...: Windows 11 Microsoft Defender random folder protection when turned on or enabled is causing system restore point to be stuck in a loop anyone else discover this issue?If i turn off the folder protection feature i can create system restore point within seconds. but when its...
  9. Why is my PC deleting random files, folders and desktop apps every time One Drive is running?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my PC deleting random files, folders and desktop apps every time One Drive is running?: Why is my PC deleting random files, folders and desktop apps every time One Drive is running? I'm pretty certain nobody has gained access or hacked my computer, Malwarebytes doesn't detect any malware either. The only way to stop this happening is to either pause One Drive...
  10. Why is my PC deleting random files, folders and desktop apps every time One Drive is running?

Why is my PC deleting random files, folders and desktop apps every time One Drive is running?: Why is my PC deleting random files, folders and desktop apps every time One Drive is running? I'm pretty certain nobody has gained access or hacked my computer, Malwarebytes doesn't detect any malware either. The only way to stop this happening is to either pause One Drive...