Windows 10: Random FPS drop

Discus and support Random FPS drop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello there, Now my problem started a month ago in April, the games that were working fine earlier started having some sudden FPS drops, the drops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DhananjayPuranik, May 20, 2019.

1. Random FPS drop

Hello there,

Now my problem started a month ago in April, the games that were working fine earlier started having some sudden FPS drops, the drops were for some seconds and then again the games used to come in normal condition.

This problem was occurring in many games which used to run at 50-60 fps earlier. My laptop is HP 15 BS658TX with all updated drivers and updated windows 10 . The laptop was getting too hot when I used to start a game so I thought that it might be a heating problem , so I used MSI Afterburner to monitor usage and temperature of CPU, GPU and RAM , my CPU and GPU were both going to 70+degrees in Celsius and till 65-70 degrees no fps drops were there and CPU usage was also normal , but as it hits 70 the CPU usage hits 99 or 100% which causes fps drops then it remains for sometime and back to normal while the temp remains high. The GPU also have high temp around 85 degrees so I stopped with the fear of burning it.

As the summer is going on so room temperature is usually 40-43 ℃ . I know this is very high but I want a confirmation that the problem is due to the heating only or something else.

I also tried to play games in front of cooler and it worked , no fps drop occurred.

So pls give me confirmation that what exactly is happening.

Thanku.

:)

DhananjayPuranik, May 20, 2019

2. Random FPS Drops on Windows 10

So, this has only happened on windows 10. Every single game i can play on my laptop always has this random FPS drops.

It is like when im playing the game and it handles normally. Then randomly a FPS drop happenes. Which makes my experience with the game worse. After the FPS drop, it goes back to normal. And it repeats. (FPS drop stays for a lot of minutes, and the normal
    doesnt.)

Any ideas? Please tell me if you know or find out!

EmonPlaysEveryThingy -YA, May 20, 2019
  3. PC performace and random FPS Drops and LAG

My PC has been doing this weird thing.... it keeps on having random FPS drops, I usually run at 60 FPS on Fortnite and higher, now every 5 or 3 minutes my game stops and slows down to 30 or 20 FPS and lags,, then goes back to normal and this happens constantly
    please help I'm desperate...

JoeyShewchuk, May 20, 2019
  4. Random FPS drop

drop fps every game

Hi,

You can check Preeti Patel's answer on this
    link
    . Some users found her answer helpful. We suggest that you also try to follow the steps she provided and let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, May 20, 2019
Thema:

Random FPS drop

1. Random FPS drop - Similar Threads - Random FPS drop

2. Fps drops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drops: i have had my pc for over 2 years and there has been no problems. i recently installed a new heatsink into my system and then randomly i started having weird FPS drops where my whole pc would go to 3-5 frames for a few seconds and when i looked at event viewer it happened at...
  3. Fps drops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drops: When i play games on my laptop i get huge fps drops like i am playing at 165 fps it would go down to like 70 fps then go back to normal and happens every few seconds. My specs are rtx 3060 i7 12700h and 16gb...
  4. Fps drops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drops: Hello everyoneSo while playing games after the newest update seems like my fps drops a lot but when i run task manager and close it then everything works fine again.Maybe is that some kind of virus?...
  5. FPS Drops

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FPS Drops: Hello! I have a windows 10 laptop and when I play games like Roblox, it always does fps drops and thats so annoying because i cant play games smoothly. Any tips to help fix fps drops without disabling the game dvr because I always use that and they say if i disable it the...
  6. Fps drops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fps drops: Recently my fps seems weird , 5-10 fps lower than usual , kinda thought it was because of the windows recent update , I'm not sure because I never had an update problem in my previous pcs , do I roll back? submitted by /u/hateswitchx [link] [comments]...
  7. Random freezes and drops in FPS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random freezes and drops in FPS: Hello! I recently installed a new graphcis card and in the same sweep, I ended up reinstalling windows. However, after about a week of playing on the new graphics card, my computer randomly starts to freeze and drop in FPS for several seconds. This happens both when I'm in a...
  8. FPS drop!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS drop!: Hello folks! at first i want to know does fps drops due to network issues? if not then i just reset my PC 2 times still my fps gets drop. And if network issue is the thing then what should i do?...
  9. Random big fps drops in games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random big fps drops in games: I have a huge problem, my fps randomly drops to 15-40 fps just out of nowhere. This has been happening for three months now (and I'm posting about this just now lmao) and I still don't know what's going on. I usually play games that meet my PC specs, but most of them I play...
  10. FPS drop

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    FPS drop: Anyone know to completely remove the AMD Crimson drivers? Frame rate has gone to hell. Was pulling 42+ FPS in WoW with original drivers. Has now dropped to 10FPS under the AMD drivers. 35215