Windows 10: Random freeze after waking from sleep

Discus and support Random freeze after waking from sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I recently built a new system and am having some weird issues where sometimes after waking the PC from sleep, it'll freeze for no reason. A reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by crosswithyou, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Random freeze after waking from sleep

Hi. I recently built a new system and am having some weird issues where sometimes after waking the PC from sleep, it'll freeze for no reason. A reset will fix the issue but it's kind of annoying since this never happened before on my old machine. I'm using Win10 Pro.

Sometimes it will freeze immediately after waking, and sometimes a few minutes after waking. This morning it froze for the first time in 3 or so days and I didn't notice right away because music was playing as normal, but I realized the clock time was the same as it was a few minutes earlier (I was getting dressed for work) and my suspicions that it had froze were confirmed when the mouse pointer wouldn't move.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing these random freezes?

:)

crosswithyou, Feb 13, 2017

2. Blue Screen die (BSOD), Windows 10 Professional Laptop Machine

I can confirm that this problem would occur every time I wake the computer up from sleep mode.

After a few seconds waking up from sleep mode, the computer will freeze and then BSOD occurs

Very annoying.

SuperBoyChoy, Feb 13, 2017
  3. DaleDalka Win User
    Windows 10 1703 Build 15063.674 Missing DVD and Blueray Burners

This computer when it wakes up from sleeping it takes about a minute to wake up. Every time after it wakes up the drives are missing at random. If I do a hardware scan from the device manager the drives return. Any help here on a solution.

Can anyone address this problem.

DaleDalka, Feb 13, 2017
  4. Random freeze after waking from sleep

Just had another random freeze... It happened immediately after I sent a tweet via the web version of TweetDeck. It froze and then there was a constant beep from my speakers. This is the second time I've had a freeze with a constant beep. (Maybe it's the result of my music being frozen at the same time.) Anyway, these random freezes are a total mystery to me and it's becoming increasingly annoying. ANY help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

crosswithyou, Feb 14, 2017
  5. After I got home from work today and woke my PC, the monitor said there was no signal! Once again, a forced restart did the trick but what is up with all the problems I'm having with this system?? Could it be bad RAM? That's about the only thing I can imagine... *cry

crosswithyou, Feb 14, 2017
  6. Win10Pro Win User
    Before you test your RAM (with a Win 10 built-in tool or Memtest86) make sure your disk (chkdsk /f) and drivers (safe boot) are not causing the problem. Do you have the latest drivers for your GPU?

Win10Pro, Feb 14, 2017
  7. Hi. Thank you for the suggestion. Chkdsk reported no errors.

I didn't realize Windows had a memory diagnostic program. I tried running that too and there were no errors there either...

This really has me stumped. I've got no clue what could possibly be causing these issues.

crosswithyou, Feb 15, 2017
  8. Win10Pro Win User

Random freeze after waking from sleep

No exclamation marks in Device Manager? No errors when you execute sfc /scannow command for corrupt system files?
    My main suspect, however, would be a part of your hardware (PSU or GPU) but I'm not a professional computer service technician so I wouldn't like to mislead you.

Win10Pro, Feb 15, 2017
  9. Nope, everything looks normal. The PSU is the same one I used in my old system with absolutely no problems at all so I doubt that is the issue. The GPU is new (well, sort of... I bought it slightly used) and seems to be working fine. I'm just left scratching my head over here, but thank you for the suggestions thus far.

crosswithyou, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Random freeze after waking from sleep

1. Random freeze after waking from sleep - Similar Threads - Random freeze waking

2. windows 10 freezes after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 freezes after waking from sleep: so i got an issue with windows 10every like 5 days when i open my laptop it has a black screen with a mouse cursor on itits completely frozen and i need to force reboot which is annoying...
  3. windows 10 freezes after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 freezes after waking from sleep: so i got an issue with windows 10every like 5 days when i open my laptop it has a black screen with a mouse cursor on itits completely frozen and i need to force reboot which is annoying...
  4. windows 10 freezes after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. pc randomly waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    pc randomly waking from sleep: This HP desktop pc is continually waking when not in use and poser is set to 'sleep'.I do not understand the power setting options: "What do you want the pc to do when you press sleep?""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" shut down"?Isn't it natural that I...
  6. pc randomly waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc randomly waking from sleep: This HP desktop pc is continually waking when not in use and poser is set to 'sleep'.I do not understand the power setting options: "What do you want the pc to do when you press sleep?""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" shut down"?Isn't it natural that I...
  7. pc randomly waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 hangs then freezes after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 hangs then freezes after waking from sleep: My Windows 10 computer, which has a Gigabyte motherboard, after walking up for 2 minutes, then freezes. There is no BSOD, just a complete freeze where no USB input (mouse, keyboard) works and the only way I can get a working W10 is to do a hard restart. I don't use Intel. I...
  9. Laptop wakes from sleep, randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop wakes from sleep, randomly: I've had this Dell Inspiron i5577 for quite a while, and now, it's been waking up randomly at night. This morning I woke up to my computer on, well, sort of. It was on, the fans were loud, but the screen wasn't on. My RGB external keyboard was on too, but my mouse wasn't. I'm...
  10. Windows randomly freezes on waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows randomly freezes on waking from sleep: Windows will sometimes freeze when waking from sleep. When I wake Windows from sleep the screens turn on and I can see the mouse pointer but the rest of the screen is all black. The computer is completely unresponsive to keyboard inputs or mouse movement. Even hitting...