Windows 10: Random freeze and black screen caused long loading times into direct BSOD?

Discus and support Random freeze and black screen caused long loading times into direct BSOD? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'm just another user who can't seem to figure out this problem as it is new to me. Let me just get out of the way saying that I already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoshuaSandium, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Random freeze and black screen caused long loading times into direct BSOD?

Hello, I'm just another user who can't seem to figure out this problem as it is new to me.

Let me just get out of the way saying that I already reinstalled windows, but the same thing is happening.

Let me simplify this. I try to install an upgrade or rather, install a new driver for my GPU. Everything goes Frozen, blacks out for a moment and then the system restarts.

For some reason, the boot time was extremely long. The moment I managed to reach login, it only works for a moment. Right after, I'm given a direct bsod.

So I try to reinstall Windows, and it seems to have worked for the first launch. Next thing you know, I turn off my system and turn it back on for a double check, and I am greeted with the same thing. Absolutely horrendous loading times, but goes directly into a bsod. Not sure if I can access troubleshooting tools.

The blue screen error is CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in short, what do I do and why are the loading times even after a fresh install like this?

:)

JoshuaSandium, Apr 12, 2019
  2. DanielYX Win User

Long Loading Time for Lock Screen

Hello Pawan, thank you for the reply!

I've tried all of the steps that you've given me. Unfortunately, none of them made a difference except for the clean boot step. It didn't completely solve the problem, however I did notice a
    slightly faster load time for the lock screen. However, it still takes an unusually long time to load it. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

DanielYX, Apr 12, 2019
  3. vinsterX Win User
    Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Apr 12, 2019
  4. NetSurfer Win User

Random freeze and black screen caused long loading times into direct BSOD?

BSOD and freezing

Yesterday I started up my laptop from hibernating and it freezes, after restarting several times I get a BSOD which freezed on the BSOD one time.
    After restarting again the laptop freezed at the Welcome screen.
    I have had the freezing before, it was gone for about 2 months.
    I did not install any new hardware.
    Now it seems to run fine again.

But what is causing the freezing and the BSOD?
    I bought this laptop last January.

NetSurfer, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

Random freeze and black screen caused long loading times into direct BSOD?

1. Random freeze and black screen caused long loading times into direct BSOD? - Similar Threads - Random freeze black

2. BSOD Caused by ntoskrnl.exe at random times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Caused by ntoskrnl.exe at random times: Hi, for the past couple of weeks I've been having random BSODs. Already tried sfc scannow and chdsk f with no errors. I ran memtest aswell a few weeks ago but even after multiple hours of testing it gave me no errors. I've also tried to analize dump files with bsodviewer,...
  3. BSOD Caused by ntoskrnl.exe at random times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Caused by ntoskrnl.exe at random times: Hi, for the past couple of weeks I've been having random BSODs. Already tried sfc scannow and chdsk f with no errors. I ran memtest aswell a few weeks ago but even after multiple hours of testing it gave me no errors. I've also tried to analize dump files with bsodviewer,...
  4. BSOD Caused by ntoskrnl.exe at random times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Black screen and long loading problems on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen and long loading problems on startup: When I turn on my PC, I get a black screen that lasts about 90 seconds right after the Windows Welcome screen, before I see my Desktop. It also takes up to 10 to 30 minutes (no exaggeration) to fully load websites like Reddit, Youtube and Twitch. When loading games, I see...
  6. RANDOM BLACK GLOWY SCREEN + RANDOM FREEZES

RANDOM BLACK GLOWY SCREEN + RANDOM FREEZES: Hi, ever since updating to Windows 10 version 1909 to the latest one, 20H2, I keep experiencing random freezes and the screen would go black as if someone just turn off the laptop. But, it's not completely black. It's kinda glowy and I can't press anything to wake it up as...
  7. Windows 10 20H2] Long loading time black screen before login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 20H2] Long loading time black screen before login: Hello all, I have a problem with Win10, namely it started to load slower and slower for me. At first, I did not pay much attention (System started time 15/20s) to it until the time increased to 10min (somewhere around June) then something really started to be wrong. I...
  8. On-screen keyboard takes long time to load

On-screen keyboard takes long time to load: My on-screen keyboard takes a good 5-10 seconds to load. I tried to restore Windows 10 back to factory defaults reset this PC yesterday but it seems to be doing it still. I was always working fine before a couple weeks ago where it instantly use to pop up after clicking on...
  9. long boot time with black screen

long boot time with black screen: my asus laptop k53br taking long time during boot up. I have dual graphic card installed amd redeon hd 6310 and amd redeon 7400. During boot up after showing logo black sceen splashes it remain black for 2 mintues. windows 10 auto install drivers. I have tried amd autocheck...
  10. Long Loading Times

Long Loading Times: Anyone have an idea why certain programs take longer to load in Windows 10 than in Windows 7? Specifically, Firefox 39.0, Syncbackfree 7.3.3.6, and Finale 2014d (a music notation program). Thanks. 12578