Windows 10: Random freeze and reboot

Discus and support Random freeze and reboot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi , hope someone can help. Had a PC for a while, upgraded parts as and when necessary. Recently replaced my hard drives with an ssd and hard drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tiswos, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Tiswos Win User

Random freeze and reboot

Hi , hope someone can help.

Had a PC for a while, upgraded parts as and when necessary. Recently replaced my hard drives with an ssd and hard drive.

Now when I install windows 10 it installs fine onto the ssd. Then I installed the gfx card drivers (nvidia 355). Seemed OK. Then PC started to become unresponsive then the screen went black, monitor flickered between analog and digital searching. Had to hard reset.

Then the PC just won't boot back into windows, locks up or resets itself after bios screen logo and windows logo. Sometimes doesn't even get as far as the windows logo.

Temps are stable, voltages are within limits. Psu and gfx card are recent, rest was working ok with gfx card.

Wondering whether to boot in safe mode and uninstall the gfx drivers. Then download the latest from nvidia.

It's an old Intel core I7-930, Asus X58 sabertooth, 8gb ram, gforce 950 card. 500gb hard drive, 120gb SanDisk SSD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Tiswos, Jan 20, 2017
  2. O.Victor Win User

WP 8.1 and the freezing phones problem

So to be clear, did the phone started to freeze after the June update ( the reboot fixing one) or it was freezing prior to that, and the update did nothing ( or made the situation worst ? ).

Also what did you mean by writing "It faces this random reboots after maximum usage",
    the "maximum usage" is confusing me )).

O.Victor, Jan 20, 2017
  3. C7 frozen keyboard

random reboots and freezing can happen have you any apps installed?

techbuzzireland, Jan 20, 2017
  4. Tiswos Win User

Random freeze and reboot

UPDATE: Someone at MS via their help desk said my Win10 build was out of date, so gave me a link for a new copy.
    Downloaded that then started the reinstall.

All good.

Until windows installed the latest graphics driver for my 950. Then after restarting it hung again and can't boot back into windows.

Now attempting to install Win7, to see if the problem persists. Then I know it's either hardware or software.

Tiswos, Jan 21, 2017
  5. Tiswos Win User
    Install graphics drivers in Win7, same thing. Screen blank.

Card only 6 month old. Try resetting?

Tiswos, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Random freeze and reboot

1. Random freeze and reboot - Similar Threads - Random freeze reboot

2. System reboot and random Freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System reboot and random Freezes: System Win 11 x64, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 32 GB RAM, motherboard TUF GAMING B550M-PLUSIt's been a while since my computer sometimes freezes for a few seconds and returns to normal, other times it just restarts spontaneously, I'll attach the last 2 dumps that were generated from...
  3. System reboot and random Freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System reboot and random Freezes: System Win 11 x64, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 32 GB RAM, motherboard TUF GAMING B550M-PLUSIt's been a while since my computer sometimes freezes for a few seconds and returns to normal, other times it just restarts spontaneously, I'll attach the last 2 dumps that were generated from...
  4. Random pc freezes and reboots.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random pc freezes and reboots.: Hello ,My pc reboots or freezes all of a sudden . When I check event logs I see these type of errors and a lot of them . I don't get errors every time pc crashes . Here is the full description of errors.Log Name: System Source: nvlddmkm Date: 10-05-2022 19:13:00 Event ID: 14...
  5. Random pc freezes and reboots.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random pc freezes and reboots.: Hello ,My pc reboots or freezes all of a sudden . When I check event logs I see these type of errors and a lot of them . I don't get errors every time pc crashes . Here is the full description of errors.Log Name: System Source: nvlddmkm Date: 10-05-2022 19:13:00 Event ID: 14...
  6. Random pc freezes and reboots.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Computer freezing then rebooting randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezing then rebooting randomly: Computer briefly freezes then restarts. Event viewer procides the following: Event 1001, BugCheck - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff805363fd6b7, 0xfffff2878d06eea8, 0xffffcf0198712920. A dump was saved in:...
  8. PC Freezing and/or Random Rebooting

PC Freezing and/or Random Rebooting: Hello All, Trying to determine if I have a Software or Hardware problem. Have exhausted my knowledge base and am now extending a hand, requesting help. I have an HP-PC circa 2006 64bit, Windows 10 Home, Upgraded from Win 7, a few times. Recently been having full PC...
  9. freezing and random reboots

freezing and random reboots: hi I have had a problem since the creators update. the computer started random reboot for awhile then stopped . I had had bought a new game rome 2 and it was crashing and now I know it is not just the game but my computer is freezing just watching yutube videos or gaming....
  10. Freeze Reboot - Randomly

Freeze Reboot - Randomly: My computer randomly reboot and I can't figure out why. It's running Windows 10. Can anybody check my loads to see what going on are if I have a bad driver? I upgrade all the drivers and still can't think of any problems. 62475