Windows 10: Random Freeze and Unresponsiveness [Windows 10 20H2]

Discus and support Random Freeze and Unresponsiveness [Windows 10 20H2] in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently updated to Windows 10 20H2 from 2004. Since then I have been experiencing random freezes, lock-ups, and unresponsiveness. I could be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Yu Baba, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Yu Baba Win User

Random Freeze and Unresponsiveness [Windows 10 20H2]

I recently updated to Windows 10 20H2 from 2004. Since then I have been experiencing random freezes, lock-ups, and unresponsiveness. I could be watching a video and the video would pause, the touchpad won't respond, touch won't work, and the power key won't sign me off. The only option I am left with is to press and hold the power button to force-restart the laptop.

I am using Lenovo 920 with i7 8th gen 512 SSD and 16 GB of RAM.

Please, send help.

:)

Yu Baba, Nov 13, 2020
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

Windows 10 (Pro 64bit) randomly freezes

Thank you for the information, Neil. To address your concern regarding the random freezes that's happening on your computer, we suggest performing the steps below, and check if the experience will be the same:

• Sign in using an administrator account in your Windows 10 computer.
    • Disable or uninstall any anti-virus that you've installed to prevent it from interfering with the upgrade to Windows 10.
    • Reinstall Windows 10.

Let us know the outcome of the troubleshooting procedure for us to assist you further.

Ralph Sta, Nov 13, 2020
  3. Random freezes or shut downs

Hrrmmmm... but wouldnt formatting and reinstalling windows fix the issue since the virus/trojan/spyware isnt on the system any longer?

forumsviewer, Nov 13, 2020
  4. TIGR Win User

Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

Thema:

1. Random Freeze and Unresponsiveness [Windows 10 20H2] - Similar Threads - Random Freeze Unresponsiveness

2. Taskbar Freezes, Unresponsive, Seemingly Random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Freezes, Unresponsive, Seemingly Random: Basically what the title says. The taskbar becomes unresponsive at random times. Can't click anything. The temporary solution I know of is going into Task Manager and restarting Windows Explorer. It doesn't solve the problem, however. I've only had this computer Lenovo Legion...
  3. Taskbar Freezes, Unresponsive, Seemingly Random

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Freezes, Unresponsive, Seemingly Random: Basically what the title says. The taskbar becomes unresponsive at random times. Can't click anything. The temporary solution I know of is going into Task Manager and restarting Windows Explorer. It doesn't solve the problem, however. I've only had this computer Lenovo Legion...
  4. Mouse freezes randomly Windows 10 20H2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse freezes randomly Windows 10 20H2: Hi everyone, I did a windows 10 fresh install one or two months ago. I noticed my mouse freezes randomly when i'm browsing in chrome or playing games. My hardware: - intel DH67BL board - i7-3770 3.4 ghz - 12 gb ddr3 1333 mhz ram - rx 480 4gb no overclock - 250 gb...
  5. Update 20H2 freezing windows Randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update 20H2 freezing windows Randomly: Anyone else having random lock ups after updating to 20H2? Windows 10 becomes unresponsive at random times. I can move my mouse and open the start menu, but no windows/programs will open, not even task manager. Shutdown/restart does not work also, I am forced to do a hard...
  6. Windows 10 freezes and becomes unresponsive

Windows 10 freezes and becomes unresponsive: Hi all, For a few days now, after a few minutes of use the computer becomes unresponsive and I have to reboot because there is no other solution. For example, when this happens, I am able to move the pinned icons from the bottom bar anywhere. I have done the last...
  7. Windows freezing and unresponsive

Windows freezing and unresponsive: Since opening a flash file, my Windows 10 os has veen freezing a lot. It's unresponsive many a times and slow in almost every action. To correct this, I updated all my drivers, reinstall Windows, disabled many Window start-up applications, did a whole system Malware...
  8. Randomly freezing, unresponsive. explorer.exe app hang?

in Windows 10 Support
    Randomly freezing, unresponsive. explorer.exe app hang?: Some backround: ASUS Q552, Windows 10 Home, 12GB RAM, Samsung Evo 1TB SSD (clean install of Windows on hard drive), touchscreen laptop, My laptop will randomly freeze and become unresponsive. When I use my touchscreen and swipe in from the left side, the screen and task...
  9. Randomly freezing, unresponsive. explorer.exe app hang?

in Windows 10 Support
    Randomly freezing, unresponsive. explorer.exe app hang?: Some backround: ASUS Q552, Windows 10 Home, 12GB RAM, Samsung Evo 1TB SSD (clean install of Windows on hard drive), touchscreen laptop, My laptop will randomly freeze and become unresponsive. When I use my touchscreen and swipe in from the left side, the screen and task...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade - random freezes and PC becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 upgrade - random freezes and PC becomes unresponsive: Hello! I have checked various threads and solutions but not yet found anything that works and would love a fully-working PC by tomorrow (self-employed/work from home)...! My situation is this... I upgraded from a fully-functioning Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 this weekend....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 20h2 freezing

2. freeze windows 10 20h2

3. random freeze windows 10 20h2 v2