Windows 10: Random freeze preceeded by sudden speaker static

Discus and support Random freeze preceeded by sudden speaker static in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello. I've been dealing with random freezes on my PC for just over a month now. At the moment, it happens about every 3-4 days, though initially it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Leafsdude, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Leafsdude Win User

Random freeze preceeded by sudden speaker static

Hello.

I've been dealing with random freezes on my PC for just over a month now. At the moment, it happens about every 3-4 days, though initially it was about once a week or so (first 3 times: Nov 9th, 17th, 26th). While the first handful of freezes were during idling, it has since begun happening during use (I ran some videos on repeat for a few days when not using the PC to see if it only occurred during idling and eventually it crashed again anyway). It also crashes after about 30-45 minutes of use after being powered down for more than 2 hours. All crashes have required the reset button be pushed in order to recover. I do hear a bit of a whirling noise from a fan, but I'm not wholly sure if I'm just oversensitive to any sounds that are noticeable from the PC, or if it is a new sound.

So far I have troubleshooted by:

1) Disconnected a new APU that I had attached the week prior to the first crash as well as uninstalling all software associated with it.

2) Ran an AVG full system scan, finding nothing.

3) Installed NZXT CAM to keep track of temperature and power use, running it 24/7. CPU temps max at ~40 C, GPU at about 30-35 C, and both have been well under those temps when running at time of freeze.

4) Installed newest AMD drivers. This ended up eventually causing a BSOD crash, but it recovered without any repeat.

5) Ran AMD driver cleanup program, reinstalled newest driver.

6) Disconnected external drives due to Event Viewer displaying errors reading one of the drives just prior to a pair of crashes.

6) Ran Diskcheck for all 3 hard drives. No errors found.

7) Updated ALL drivers and deleted all out-of-date drivers.

8) Updated to build 1803 and then 1809.

9) Ran build in windows memory check. No errors found on extensive scan.

10) Ran MalwareBytes full system scan in safe mode. Nothing found.

After the lastest free, which occurred about 2 hours ago, I disabled Intel Turbo Boost Technology in BIOS settings, though I don't expect that to do much, considering there's no sign of overheating or power problems per CAM (though I'm not sure if any of the crashes have occurred during moments of overclocking, as haven't really paid attention).

At this point, the one option I appear to have left is a clean install of win10, but I don't have much interest in doing that if the problem is hardware, even though all tests seem to indicate everything is fine. There's been no sign of data loss or other damage due to the freezes & hard resets, so at this point it is primarily a nuisance and not a major issue, so I really want to make sure that really is the last option remaining.

Is there any suggestions on causes I haven't checked for yet? Should I bother with waiting to see if disabling Turbo Boost fixes the problem?

Thanks for any help!

:)

Leafsdude, Dec 10, 2018

2. Loud Static Through Speakers Problem

Im Getting Loud Static Through Speakers When First Starting Up Before Windows Plays The Startup Sound, The Loud Static Stops After The Windows Startup Sound Plays. Seems Like Ive Had This Problem After Overclocking. Specs Are As Listed, Please Help.

accordpower99, Dec 10, 2018
  3. TIGR Win User
    Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

4. dassan Win User

PC sudden freeze problem

hello guys, for about a month i m having sudden freezes both in screen and sound. It happens rarely sometimes 1 time in a week or sometimes 3 times in a day. Freeze continue like 1 sec and when it happens there comes sound from speaker like ''TIIIIRRT'' cus of sound freezes also(doesnt come from pc component, sound comes from speaker). And after a sec everything is normal no blue screen no black screen etc just on that moment sound and screen freeze. It happens sometimes when i play game or watching video from net or from my pc or listening music even. Can you help me solve this problem plz, thanks.

dassan, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Random freeze preceeded by sudden speaker static - Similar Threads - Random freeze preceeded

2. Static sounds from speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Static sounds from speakers: For some time When I have some apps open and music or some other sound playing from the speakers or with wired headphones after a while a static sound will be heard with the sound that I'm playing, but when I go to devices and disable the speakers and re-enable itself fixes...
  3. Static sounds from speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Static sounds from speakers: For some time When I have some apps open and music or some other sound playing from the speakers or with wired headphones after a while a static sound will be heard with the sound that I'm playing, but when I go to devices and disable the speakers and re-enable itself fixes...
  4. Static and sudden volume changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Static and sudden volume changes: Hello, I'm thoroughly annoyed with my speakers. I've been having issues ever since I bought this laptop. It's windows 10. Sometimes the sound from the speakers is quiet, and sometimes it'll get really loud suddenly. There are also periods of static. Plug in speakers never...
  5. Static and sudden volume changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Static and sudden volume changes: Hello, I'm thoroughly annoyed with my speakers. I've been having issues ever since I bought this laptop. It's windows 10. Sometimes the sound from the speakers is quiet, and sometimes it'll get really loud suddenly. There are also periods of static. Plug in speakers never...
  6. Static and sudden volume changes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. static over speakers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    static over speakers: there is static coming through my speakers with anything being played https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/static-over-speakers/2c2a6eac-85bf-4b1f-a763-fe3cde3174c5
  8. static realtek speakers

static realtek speakers: I spent 2 years trying to clear static from my speakers on both an Inspiron and a XPS..2 days ago I found a realtek driver at realtek/hippo that when installed brought sparkling clarity to the speakers..yesterday Windows update spent about 12 hours in updating my win 10 on...
  9. Static Right Speaker

Static Right Speaker: I recently got a new laptop. I was able to fix previous headphone audio issues. But the right speaker is very static. It is impossible to enjoy listening to anything by speaker....
  10. Suddenly BSOD and Random Crashes/Freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Suddenly BSOD and Random Crashes/Freezes: Good day TenForums, As of late my PC has been suffering from BSOD and random freezes (where no BSOD) occurs but both seem to be happening very frequently lately. My system is running on: Windows 10, Intel i5 4570 Radeon 6950 12Gig Ram. I added the DM log file...