Windows 10: Random freeze up, can't find the cause and a solution

Discus and support Random freeze up, can't find the cause and a solution in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having some problems with my computer. Sometimes it freeze up and I can only hard reboot it, mouse and keyboard doesn't works(audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Drytak, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Drytak Win User

Random freeze up, can't find the cause and a solution

Hello, I'm having some problems with my computer.
    Sometimes it freeze up and I can only hard reboot it, mouse and keyboard doesn't works(audio sometimes works and sometimes it stops). I had this problem with windows 7 too. This problem is very random and I had it for a long time, it can happen every day in a week or just once in a few months.

I've run memtest86+ and didn't show any problems (I stopped it at 15 passes). Also checked my HDD and SSD but they were fine.

What can I do?

:)

Drytak, Oct 23, 2015
  2. redhonker Win User

How to troubleshoot random freeze, sometimes recoverable sometimes not

I just started a brand new installation on a new SSD. Same random freeze. All drivers are up to date and Windows 10 are up to date. There is no virus or malware.

I can't find any sign in reliability history or event log telling me what's causing the freeze.

I'd like to know what can Windows tell us where it got stuck.

redhonker, Oct 23, 2015
  3. New windows 10 computer freezes

Hey guys, i just got a new computer the other day.

When i started it up it was constantly freezing, seamed that nothing in particular was setting it off.

When it freezes, i cant do anything. Can't move the mouse, and no keyboard commands would snap it out, the only solution was to turn off the power, and restart it that way. occasionally it would freeze up for a second then force a restart on my computer.
    This would happen at random atleast 1-3 times an hour.

I updated everything in my computer to the current version. still no luck.

And it couldn't be from a program i downloaded incorrectly, as the freezes/crashes happened before i even downloaded anything on this pc.

I did find a few things that would cause the freezes: Cortana, the personal assistant, if i tried to interact with it at all, it would freeze up my computer. Also if i tried to download and use some computer games (minecraft being one that freezes as soon
    as i run it)

ive already tried a few solutions after updating everything.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

and

Does Windows 10 Freeze Your Computer? Try This!

I would love some help on the matter to make my new computer usable!

JeronStevens, Oct 23, 2015
  4. sn00ker Win User

Hi Drytak ... Welcome to the Ten forum ... Did you by any chance do anything to your bios setting / update / overclock ?

sn00ker, Oct 23, 2015
  5. Drytak Win User
    The only thing I've changed was the boot order: I've put the SSD above the HDD when I was installing windows on it (I've bought the SSD after I've bought the PC, but even before it I still had the freeze problem). I didn't touch other settings.

Also since 2 or 3 weeks ago, sometimes it doesn't let me use all of my RAM: on dxdiag I see 4GB RAM, on task manager only 2GB. I noticed it always happens after a hard reboot after the freeze up problem, but also other times. Always on startup, it never went from 4GB to 2GB while I was using it. That why I've run memtest86 but it didn't show any problem.

Drytak, Oct 23, 2015
  6. Berton Win User
    One of the first things I check when confronted with sudden/random/unexplainable issues, especially with older and not-so-old motherboards, is for bulged and/or leaking capacitors. A number of board manufacturers and power supply manufacturers got capacitors that had manufacturing problems that didn't show up until the devices had been in use for awhile, sometimes a year, sometimes 4 or more. I've junked 3 computers in the last 2 weeks just for such a cause. The years span mentioned at the beginning of this article is only for the manufacturing, failure could happen when the computer got even older:
    Capacitor plague - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Berton, Oct 23, 2015
  7. sn00ker Win User
    Is your system a 32 bit or 64 ? Also, your graphic is it an external card or internal type ? If it's an external can you use the motherboard internal for test purposes

sn00ker, Oct 23, 2015
  8. Drytak Win User

64bit.
    My GPU is external, tomorrow I'll try using the motherboard instead.

Drytak, Oct 23, 2015
  9. sn00ker Win User
    I hate to say it but I don't think your system is compatible for 10 64bit . I believe there no driver available for your card or ever will be . Make me wonder if your motherboard will act any difference, if not ? Maybe 10 32bit might work better but I wouldn't hold your breath on it .... I hope you do find a solution ... Sorry

sn00ker, Oct 23, 2015
  10. Drytak Win User
    The problem is I had the same problem with windows 7. I can try using Linux and see if I the problem persists.

Drytak, Oct 23, 2015
  11. sn00ker Win User
    Oh, maybe what Berton said might also be your problem. Can you notice any capacitors leaks problems

sn00ker, Oct 23, 2015
  12. Drytak Win User
    I checked the capacitors on the motherboard but they were fine (none were broken, none were bulged, and none had "rust" on them. I've also taken some photos, tell me if you want to check them).

Drytak, Oct 24, 2015
  13. sn00ker Win User

If you have looked them over and didn't notice anything wrong then they're probably good. How about your Processor did you or someone else installed ? Or was is already installed on the motherboard when you got the Mboard ?

sn00ker, Oct 24, 2015
  14. Drytak Win User
    I didn't install it myself. I've bought it from a tech shop where I selected what components I wanted and they mounted them. I've only installed the SSD and the CPU cooler.
    I've replaced the CPU cooler twice because once the fan stopped working and got it replaced. When the fan on the CPU cooler broke the CPU reached about 80/85 C° before I noticed it stopped working, but I've got this problem before this happened.

Drytak, Oct 24, 2015
  15. sn00ker Win User
    Did your system ever work okay ?

sn00ker, Oct 24, 2015
Thema:

1. Random freeze up, can't find the cause and a solution - Similar Threads - Random freeze can't

2. Can't find a solution to the 0x80072f8f -0x20000

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find a solution to the 0x80072f8f -0x20000: My PC can't upgrade to windows 10, what might be the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-a-solution-to-the-0x80072f8f-0x20000/dbae7047-79aa-4abc-a57d-d29e48c1d44d
  3. Daily BSOD, can't seem to find the cause nor a solution

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Daily BSOD, can't seem to find the cause nor a solution: My PC specs: OS: Windows 10 Pro (10.0.19042 Build 19042) GPU: Gainward Ghost RTX 2060 Super CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max Power supply: Seasonic Gold 550W Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V, 16 GB (2x8 GB), 3200 MHz (Base speed was like 2133 or smth like that),...
  4. Seemingly random BSOD and I can't figure out the cause/solution!

Seemingly random BSOD and I can't figure out the cause/solution!: Hi, So I've been having an issue for a while where my pc will randomly have a blue screen error which will cause my pc to restart, the unusual thing about it is most of the causes as listed on the blue screen will be random. Sometimes it's memory management, other times...
  5. Random Freezing - Can't identify cause - please help.

Random Freezing - Can't identify cause - please help.: Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 117 Parameter 1: ffff9e8ffd09e420 Parameter 2: fffff80044dc2610 Parameter 3: 0 Parameter 4: 574 OS version: 10_0_18363 Service Pack:...
  6. (UPDATED) - Can't find a solution to "freezing without BSOD"

(UPDATED) - Can't find a solution to "freezing without BSOD": I created a topic on September 3, 2019 titled "Can't find a solution to "freezing without BSOD". I did everything Independent Advisor said to me. Since that day I run my computer without any problem. But in last 48 hours I had two freezes without BSOD again. The first...
  7. Can't find a solution to "freezing without BSOD".

Can't find a solution to "freezing without BSOD".: Since the day I got my own build PC, I experience lots of "freeze" without any blue screen. Early times, I was having "freeze" with glitching sound. But later on, glitching went into silence. Now I'm just having "freeze" without sound and blue screen. I thought, It might be...
  8. Graphical Errors Can't Find a Solution

Graphical Errors Can't Find a Solution: I've been having this error for more than a year now, it didn't phase me much at first as i thought it was just a minor bug, but it is getting worse. Some colors change with a static-like look, and i have no idea what i can do to resolve this. [IMG]...
  9. f1 Key Causing Windows to Sleep, Can't find Solution

in Windows 10 Support
    f1 Key Causing Windows to Sleep, Can't find Solution: Ever since I installed the latest update for windows 10 the f1 key on my keyboard has been putting windows to sleep. This is extremely frustrating as I use the key often for music production software and gaming. I have scoured the internet looking for a solution and the...
  10. Random BSOD even with fresh reset, can't find the cause

Random BSOD even with fresh reset, can't find the cause: Hi, I'm having BSODs on my laptop since months and I struggle finding the reason. I asked for help on the Microsoft community, but I thought I should give a try here as well. I work on a Lenovo T440P and the BSODs seem to happen more frequently when I stress the...