Windows 10: Random freezes / 100% disk usage on win10

Discus and support Random freezes / 100% disk usage on win10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello everybody, so recently I have been getting trouble with some random freezes on my pc. The first thing I noticed when I took a look into the task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by M4rio, Feb 7, 2020.

1. M4rio Win User

Random freezes / 100% disk usage on win10

Hello everybody,

so recently I have been getting trouble with some random freezes on my pc. The first thing I noticed when I took a look into the task manager was the usual disk usage of 1-2% spiked up to 100% for about 5-15 seconds. Usually this happens every 3-15 minutes. During this time the pc froze almost completely. The affected disk is my C:\ SSD and it is also the one I have installed windows on.

I have already updated windows multiple times, followed some guides on "100% disk usage", which reccommend disabling certain services such as superfetch or the windows search function. I also stumbled upon this windows performance analyzer tool, which I thought could be helpful (I included some screenshots).

I really have no clue where to look, or if there even is a way to fix it. If you need any additional info, I will be happy to answer.
    Thanks in advance

:)

M4rio, Feb 7, 2020
  2. Rohn007 Win User
    Rohn007, Feb 7, 2020
  3. link626 Win User
    Random 100% disk usage spike causing frozen system

ok, there's nothing wrong with my disk.

But I was playing a pc game on this, and laptop froze twice while the disk usage shot to 100%
    with no read or write occurring.

Once it finishes whatever it's doing, I can resume using my computer.

What the hell is this bug no one has been able to figure out?

Windows 10 freezes, Disk usage 100 - Microsoft Community
    This is the same thing I'm talking about, but it looks like some cockroach that can't be killed.

my system driver is iastorA.sys, but the generic ahci.sys driver affects many computers as well.
    Both drivers cause Error 129

stupid win10 bug.

Random freezes / 100% disk usage on win10 [​IMG]

link626, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Random freezes / 100% disk usage on win10

100% disk usage

The most common cause of 100% disk usage appears to be Superfetch and Prefetch, but there are also other causes. You can try disabling both these features and see if it helps.

This article provides steps to disable prefecth and superfetch:

-
    How to Fix 100% Disk Usage Error in Windows 10

Salman Patwegar, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Random freezes / 100% disk usage on win10

1. Random freezes / 100% disk usage on win10 - Similar Threads - Random freezes 100%

2. 100 Disk Usage then crash/freeze

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    100 Disk Usage then crash/freeze: CPU IntelR CoreTM i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz Disk Intel Optane+ 1,8TBHDDGpu geforcetgtx 1060 6gbRam 8gb only 1 stickVersion 1709 i try upgrade it to 1909 does not work My computer randomly goes to 100 disk eventhough nothing is taking it i try to install windows updates but they...
  3. 100 Disk Usage then crash/freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100 Disk Usage then crash/freeze: CPU IntelR CoreTM i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz Disk Intel Optane+ 1,8TBHDDGpu geforcetgtx 1060 6gbRam 8gb only 1 stick My computer randomly goes to 100 disk eventhough nothing is taking it i try to install windows updates but they keep giving me error like 0x800f0922 0x800f0900and...
  4. 100 Disk Usage then crash/freeze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100 Disk Usage then crash/freeze: CPU IntelR CoreTM i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz Disk Intel Optane+ 1,8TBHDDGpu geforcetgtx 1060 6gbRam 8gb only 1 stick My computer randomly goes to 100 disk eventhough nothing is taking it i try to install windows updates but they keep giving me error like 0x800f0922 0x800f0900and...
  5. Disk Usage at 100% on startup and randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Usage at 100% on startup and randomly: For a couple months my laptop has been struggling due to disk usage issues. I've attempted to search for solutions to this but nothing works for my laptop possibly because each pc is different and my issue might be more specific. Sometimes the laptop struggles to even load...
  6. Windows 10 Randomly going 100% Disk usage and freezing completely

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Randomly going 100% Disk usage and freezing completely: I want to mention this is not malware issue this be issue before many windows reinstalls as well I take good care of my windows. So what do you guys think it's happning here this is not exclusive to discord this can happen in other apps too though it's harder to capture here...
  7. Disk Usage 100% and Frequent Freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Usage 100% and Frequent Freezes: So I'm getting this Disk Usage 100% since about a month for about 5 - 10 mins after bootup and randomly. Computer is completely unusable during this times. No process is consuming disk resources (0% I/O) . I've tried everything on the internet except Clean installing windows....
  8. 100% Disk Usage Randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    100% Disk Usage Randomly: Hello fellow Microsoft workers, I've had this problem for weeks now and I've searched many solutions on how to fix "the 100% disk usage" problem but unfortunately none of them has provided help for me. I've been trying to contact many users that have faced this same issue but...
  9. Win10 Disk usage to 100% freezing my computor

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 Disk usage to 100% freezing my computor: So guys I am desperate with this problem. I have a dualboot machine Ubuntu + Windows 10. I use Windows for gamming and Media Edition (adobe apps). I Windows 10 was a free update from Win7 and I have it for months with no single problem (until now). Since last friday...
  10. 100% Disk usage freeze

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    100% Disk usage freeze: I got a problem on my Disk 0 (Seagate SSHD) it goes 100% randomly and freezes the whole pc i can still move the cursor but it wont register when i click but after a while it register it is more noticable when copying large files but when i open the pc and reconnect the Power...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 freezes disk stuck 100%