Windows 10: Random Freezes after installing Windows 10

Discus and support Random Freezes after installing Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I finally decided to upgrade my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. During installation I had multiple instances where it froze on me. After a lot of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mearksy, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Random Freezes after installing Windows 10

I finally decided to upgrade my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

During installation I had multiple instances where it froze on me. After a lot of trouble I managed to finish installation

I can use my PC for a couple minutes to an hour before it crashes, these aren't blue screen crashes either, just regular freezes that I can't seem to unfreeze

I updated all the drivers, installed the newest Windows updates and updated my BIOS

If there's any way to fix it via software, it would be great because I don't really wanna spend money on more ram. a new motherboard or anything else

Any help is appreciated!

submitted by /u/Mearksy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mearksy, Mar 10, 2021
  2. wt_lesny Win User

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Mar 10, 2021
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    Windows 10 (Pro 64bit) randomly freezes

Thank you for the information, Neil. To address your concern regarding the random freezes that's happening on your computer, we suggest performing the steps below, and check if the experience will be the same:

• Sign in using an administrator account in your Windows 10 computer.
    • Disable or uninstall any anti-virus that you've installed to prevent it from interfering with the upgrade to Windows 10.
    • Reinstall Windows 10.

Let us know the outcome of the troubleshooting procedure for us to assist you further.

Ralph Sta, Mar 10, 2021
  4. Random Freezes after installing Windows 10

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

Random Freezes after installing Windows 10

1. Random Freezes after installing Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Random Freezes installing

2. Windows 10 2004 fresh install freezes randomly.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 2004 fresh install freezes randomly.: I decided to do a complete fresh install of windows using a bootable usb drive removing all the data from the hard disk. But since then I have done 8-9 fresh installation of windows 10 2004 and I am encountering issue in which it freezes completely after 10-15 min and...
  3. Windows 10 freezing after install

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 freezing after install: I just updated from windows 7 to 10 and now my pc won't recognize my USB devices in order to finish the installation 156926
  4. Computer randomly freezing after re install

Computer randomly freezing after re install: Well, I recently had an issue that caused me to reinstall my windows 10. I did so, updated my graphics card driver, mouse and just now figured out why my speakers weren't responding. So I guess I got that install too. I did all the updates that it could find and I now I'm...
  5. Windows 10 freezing randomly after recent updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 freezing randomly after recent updates: I am getting all sorts of freezes requiring restore of system to previous versions but, after some time, the system starts freezing again. I have tried all the "tips" which do not work - increasing page file, sfc/scannow, etc. to no avail. today morning I got following errors...
  6. Windows 10 Randomly Freezing After October Update

Windows 10 Randomly Freezing After October Update: Hello. I've been having constant freezing issues with my Windows 10 after the last update. My PC was perfectly fine just before it, but as soon as it installed the issue began: windows started to freeze randomly. Most of the times it happens when I open up a program or an...
  7. Random freezes after the lastest windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random freezes after the lastest windows 10 updates: Hi guys, Recently from three days ago, ,my HP laptop freezes suddenly and I can't do anything except pushing down the power button until the power goes away and it turns off. When it freezes the mouse doesn't move and none of the keys on keyboard works. The strange thing...
  8. Random Freezes after Recent Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Freezes after Recent Windows 10 update: Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I apologize if I have posted in the wrong area. I will describe the issue I'm having as best as I can with the limited information I have. So with what seemed to coincide with the Windows 10 Creators Update (though not 100% sure),...
  9. windows 10 randomly freezes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 randomly freezes: Windows 10 build 10586.14 randomly freezes and requires a power button restart. Happens once or twice per week. Never happened until I upgraded to Windows 10 when it was first available for the public. 32686
  10. After Installing Windows 10, Freezes At Random Times

in Windows 10 Support
    After Installing Windows 10, Freezes At Random Times: I installed Windows 10 fine on a computer that had Windows 7, clean install on a brand new hard drive. After the clean install, I made sure drivers were up to date and what not. Everything works great, except the computer freezes at some point while on any browser. At first I...