Windows 10: Random Freezes after Windows Cumulative Update

Discus and support Random Freezes after Windows Cumulative Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm getting random freezes in my PC after the cumulative updates. I ran driver verifier and it crashes before start windows, with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Scratchedss, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Random Freezes after Windows Cumulative Update

I'm getting random freezes in my PC after the cumulative updates. I ran driver verifier and it crashes before start windows, with "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION" statement.
    I'll attach the dmp file result, and I need help to find out which driver is causing the issue.

MiniDump File

:)

Scratchedss, Jun 25, 2020

2. Random freezes or shut downs

Hrrmmmm... but wouldnt formatting and reinstalling windows fix the issue since the virus/trojan/spyware isnt on the system any longer?

forumsviewer, Jun 25, 2020
  3. TIGR Win User
    Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

4. vinsterX Win User

Random Freezes after Windows Cumulative Update

Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Random Freezes after Windows Cumulative Update

1. Random Freezes after Windows Cumulative Update - Similar Threads - Random Freezes Cumulative

2. PC freezing randomly after latest cumulative updates and can't uninstall them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezing randomly after latest cumulative updates and can't uninstall them: My PC is freezing randomly the past few days. No BSOD but the screen, cursor and clock freeze. It happens while reading emails, or scrolling through Facebook, or even when the PC is idle with just a screen protector running. The only way out is pressing the power button. I've...
  3. PC freezing randomly after latest cumulative updates and can't uninstall them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezing randomly after latest cumulative updates and can't uninstall them: My PC is freezing randomly the past few days. No BSOD but the screen, cursor and clock freeze. It happens while reading emails, or scrolling through Facebook, or even when the PC is idle with just a screen protector running. The only way out is pressing the power button. I've...
  4. Programs freezing at random after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs freezing at random after latest Windows update: Following the latest Windows update for March, on build 1909, I have been having several programs freeze at random. Sometimes I can run them for hours before it happens, other times not even half an hour. When the programs freeze, I have to close them through Task Manager....
  5. after windows 10 update, experiencing random computer freezes.

after windows 10 update, experiencing random computer freezes.: I have a custom build computer with an AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor, 4.00 GHz, and a GTX 970. I have never had an issue with my computer randomly freezing when I had windows 8 or 8.1. But as soon as i updated to windows 10 I have been experiencing random freezes,...
  6. Random BSOD after latest cumulative update February 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random BSOD after latest cumulative update February 2019: I have updated Windows to latest cumulative update, And in the startup update process, my computer suddenly BSOD, Repeatedly bsod, and finally I reset OS, it's full clean reset, After everything returned to normal, and suddenly bsod again, Please help, The error...
  7. Windows 10 freezing randomly after recent updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 freezing randomly after recent updates: I am getting all sorts of freezes requiring restore of system to previous versions but, after some time, the system starts freezing again. I have tried all the "tips" which do not work - increasing page file, sfc/scannow, etc. to no avail. today morning I got following errors...
  8. Windows 10 Randomly Freezing After October Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Randomly Freezing After October Update: Hello. I've been having constant freezing issues with my Windows 10 after the last update. My PC was perfectly fine just before it, but as soon as it installed the issue began: windows started to freeze randomly. Most of the times it happens when I open up a program or an...
  9. Random freezes after the lastest windows 10 updates

Random freezes after the lastest windows 10 updates: Hi guys, Recently from three days ago, ,my HP laptop freezes suddenly and I can't do anything except pushing down the power button until the power goes away and it turns off. When it freezes the mouse doesn't move and none of the keys on keyboard works. The strange thing...
  10. Random Freezes after Recent Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Freezes after Recent Windows 10 update: Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I apologize if I have posted in the wrong area. I will describe the issue I'm having as best as I can with the limited information I have. So with what seemed to coincide with the Windows 10 Creators Update (though not 100% sure),...