Windows 10: Random freezes and crashes, ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exe

Discus and support Random freezes and crashes, ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; While using java or flash content, or playing video games, laptop screen randomly freezes, repeating one sound, seems that disk is still working for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarcoPL, Aug 25, 2015.

1. MarcoPL Win User

Random freezes and crashes, ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exe

While using java or flash content, or playing video games, laptop screen randomly freezes, repeating one sound, seems that disk is still working for a while, some files can make autosave. To turn off laptop I need to hold Power button.
    No dump files were logged for a year, until now.
    Here is my minidump with all that other files(descriptions may be in polish language, sorry for that *Sad)
    None of other threads helped me. Next week I will make format and I will reinstall windows, maybe that'll help.
    Attachment 33945

:)

MarcoPL, Aug 25, 2015

2. EDGE - NOVEMBER -05-2016

RANDOM question, but is anyone else having freezing and crashing issues with EDGE, especially today??

CHROME seems to working fine , for me anyway.THANKS !

LeahMacLaren, Aug 25, 2015
  3. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL random crashes and freezes

Yes, if no BSODs persist, no need to do anything.

Sometimes(3 out of 5), reinstalling the drivers does not remove the corrupt driver which can cause the crash again. That is why I recommend removing the existing driver completely do be sure of. However, if you have reinstalled it and it works OK, no further
    action is required until BSOD appears which hopefully should not be.

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 25, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Please fill in your system specsPlease go to this site and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:
    Attachment 33955
    Attachment 33956
    The cause of the crash is the Alps Pointing-device Filter driver.
    Please go to your manufacturer and check for windows 10 compatible driver updates.
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm Apfiltr start end module name fffff801`0f1f0000 fffff801`0f26f000 Apfiltr T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: Apfiltr.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\Apfiltr.sys Image name: Apfiltr.sys Timestamp: Sat Jun 15 14:32:26 2013 (51BC5EDA) CheckSum: 0007BD93 ImageSize: 0007F000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. MarcoPL Win User
    Well, that Alps driver is my touchpad driver, which is not supported in Windows 10.
    I had errors also in Windows 7.
    I turned off touchpad and I'll be using wireless mouse.
    I'll make some tests and check for any freezes.
    Thanks *Wink

UPDATE:
    Thanks for help. It's no longer crashing.

MarcoPL, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Random freezes and crashes, ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exe - Similar Threads - Random freezes crashes

2. Random Crash and Freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Crash and Freeze: Hello, I need some help, my pc is recently crash after updateat first I thought it was a driver issues, I reinstall the driver, but no luckI run memory diagnostic, both with windows memory diagnostic and memtest86 and both pass with no issuesI tried run DISM and sfc /scannow...
  3. Random Crashes/Freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Crashes/Freezes: For 2-3 weeks now I've been experiencing random crashes/freezes, from various sources according to the Reliability Monitor; Word, Firefox, Chrome Browser, Brave Browser, Windows Explorer. I've documented them all, but for now let list the ones from yesterday.Like I said,...
  4. Help: Ntoskrnl Wrong Symbols

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help: Ntoskrnl Wrong Symbols: Hi, Can you help me on the dmp file and tell me what is going wrong? Thanks.https://www.dropbox.com/s/u85pkyd9pp7mtz9/081022-7609-01.rar?dl=0IMAGE_VERSION: 10.0.19041.1865STACK_COMMAND: .cxr; .ecxr ; kbEXCEPTION_CODE_STR: 9A263D24EXCEPTION_STR: WRONG_SYMBOLSPROCESS_NAME:...
  5. Help: Ntoskrnl Wrong Symbols

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help: Ntoskrnl Wrong Symbols: Hi, Can you help me on the dmp file and tell me what is going wrong? Thanks.https://www.dropbox.com/s/u85pkyd9pp7mtz9/081022-7609-01.rar?dl=0IMAGE_VERSION: 10.0.19041.1865STACK_COMMAND: .cxr; .ecxr ; kbEXCEPTION_CODE_STR: 9A263D24EXCEPTION_STR: WRONG_SYMBOLSPROCESS_NAME:...
  6. Help: Ntoskrnl Wrong Symbols

7. Random crashes and freezes

Random crashes and freezes: hi, lately i've been experiences some crashes, when that happens my screen just fereezes and than the only thing i can do with it is just turn of the pc. I of course checked every the basics like cpu temperature etc and every is where it should be at. So i cheked the error...
  8. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  9. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  10. NTOSKRNL Crash

NTOSKRNL Crash: Hey guys, I have been having an issue with my computer randomly shutting off (when I am not near the computer). My PC almost almost posts a BSOD when I manually restart or shutdown the computer. I have checked the dump logs, which point back to ntoskrnl.exe as the problem. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows crash IMAGE_NAME: ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exe