Windows 10: Random freezes and DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f

Discus and support Random freezes and DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer has been randomly freezing lately, for no apparent reason. It sometimes happens under load, and other times shortly after the computer is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RyanLang3, Jul 19, 2021.

1. RyanLang3 Win User

Random freezes and DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f

My computer has been randomly freezing lately, for no apparent reason. It sometimes happens under load, and other times shortly after the computer is restarted.I've attached my minidump file, and I've attempted to debug it. The Bugcheck Analysis returnsRandom freezes and DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f :DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9fA driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time.Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000004, The power transition timed out waiting to synchronize with the Pnp subsystem.Arg2: 000000000000012c, Timeout in seconds.Arg3: ffffb00acb3b7040, The thread currently holding on to the Pnp lock.Arg4: ffffc0881e29f78

:)

RyanLang3, Jul 19, 2021
  2. TIGR Win User

Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

3. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f) HELP

A. Analysis Results

File Name: 012419-10859-01.dmp

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)

IMAGE_NAME: nwifi.sys

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for VBoxNetLwf.sys

B. Third Party Drivers

VBoxNetLwf.sys - Virtual Box

Driver Date - 8-Nov-2018

C. Recommendations

1. Create a system restore point so that if something wrong happens you can revert.

Type restore point in Cortana Search > Create a Restore point > Check whether against your drive, Protection is ON or not. If not ON, click Configure button below to Make it ON > Now press Create to create a restore point

2. Update your Virtual box to latest. Your driver date is 8-Nov-18 and see if you get a driver later than this. If Virtual box is not required, get it uninstalled.

Vijay_Verma, Jul 19, 2021
  4. vinsterX Win User

Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Jul 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Random freezes and DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f - Similar Threads - Random freezes DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

2. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f: Hello,I did everything including the BIOS update. First I was getting ''nvlddmkm.sys'' error but I fixed it and now I'm facing this.If there is a hardware failure, I would appreciate it if you could tell me what it is related to. The laptop boots normally and I can do...
  3. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f: Hello,I am once again asking for help because I can no longer shut down my PC in a clear way. The shutdown or restart takes a very long time, fails and finally reboots the PC. In the event log, there is an DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f error.From my understanding, the cause...
  4. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f: Any info that can be provided would be helpful. I downloaded the windows sdk and opened up the latest dumpfile.Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22621.1 AMD64 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File...
  5. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f: Hello all,Currently I'm experiencing BSOD and I have tried some troubleshooting myself but I am now stuck on trying to understand the Memory DMP and need someone to shed some light.Thanks in advanceRegards,Jonathan.Memory Dmp Below : DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f A driver has...
  6. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f: Hello all,Currently I'm experiencing BSOD and I have tried some troubleshooting myself but I am now stuck on trying to understand the Memory DMP and need someone to shed some light.Thanks in advanceRegards,Jonathan.Memory Dmp Below : DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f A driver has...
  7. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f: I would love to know what was the source of the BSOD that showed up recently. I just built my PC and I'm kind of worried that it can get damaged. MEMORY.DMP here is the DMP file It did not happen before, it happened just right now while I was playing League of Legends I...
  8. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f: Hello I been dealing with this problem for a couple of months now and need guidance on how to remedy this. I hope to hear from you soon and thank you in advance. Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.20153.1000 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights...
  9. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f: Hi guys, wondering if you could help me diagnose which this is coming from. I constantly get BSOD after upgrading to Windows 10. I think it may have something to do with my NVIDIA driver but after rolling back, uninstalling, using DDU, reinstalling, trying different versions,...
  10. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f: Hey everyone, My laptop Dell Precision 5530 blue screened yesterday: Drive Power State Failure. I am trying to figure out what is causing it. The computer was plugged in to a thunderbolt docking station Dell WD15 which had two monitors attached to it. While restarting the...