Windows 10: Random freezes and drops in FPS

Discus and support Random freezes and drops in FPS in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello! I recently installed a new graphcis card and in the same sweep, I ended up reinstalling windows. However, after about a week of playing on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Elias Lennartsson, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Random freezes and drops in FPS

Hello!
    I recently installed a new graphcis card and in the same sweep, I ended up reinstalling windows. However, after about a week of playing on the new graphics card, my computer randomly starts to freeze and drop in FPS for several seconds. This happens both when I'm in a game and when I'm in Chrome for instance. I've checked the resource manager but I can hardly find anything unnormal/ alarming, however my SSD peaks at 100% usage when this occurs, when it normally lays around 20% usage.

I've reinstalled GPU drivers, removed GPU overclock, Updated BIOS, removed CPU overclock, ran disk analysis using WD dashboard, I've experimented with different nvcp settings. I've done practically everything I can find on the internet but the problem persists, any1 with any tips or a solution?

.NFO-file is attached!

Specs:

- Intel I7 9700k running at 4,9Ghz

- Asus 2080 TI Strix OC

- Asus z390-A Prime

- WD WDS120G2G0B-00EP SSD

- WD blue 1tb drive HDD

- 2x Corsair vengeance LPX black 16Gb DDR4

- 1x Hynix 8Gb DDR4

- Thermaltake 700w RGB PSU

:)

Elias Lennartsson, Dec 3, 2020

2. Random FPS Drops on Windows 10

So, this has only happened on windows 10. Every single game i can play on my laptop always has this random FPS drops.

It is like when im playing the game and it handles normally. Then randomly a FPS drop happenes. Which makes my experience with the game worse. After the FPS drop, it goes back to normal. And it repeats. (FPS drop stays for a lot of minutes, and the normal
    doesnt.)

Any ideas? Please tell me if you know or find out!

EmonPlaysEveryThingy -YA, Dec 3, 2020
  3. extr3me Win User
    Random FPS drop

Hi,

Recently I am having huge random drop in FPS when playing games. In some games screen sometimes freezes for 1-3 seconds and than goes back to normal. This happens for every 5 min or so. I tested my GPU with stress tool (Furmark) and don't recorded such huge drops or freezes ( GPU performance drops from 99.9 % to 75% occasionally but not more). What may cause this?

extr3me, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Random freezes and drops in FPS

PC performace and random FPS Drops and LAG

My PC has been doing this weird thing.... it keeps on having random FPS drops, I usually run at 60 FPS on Fortnite and higher, now every 5 or 3 minutes my game stops and slows down to 30 or 20 FPS and lags,, then goes back to normal and this happens constantly
    please help I'm desperate...

JoeyShewchuk, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

Random freezes and drops in FPS

1. Random freezes and drops in FPS - Similar Threads - Random freezes drops

2. Fps drops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drops: Hello everyoneSo while playing games after the newest update seems like my fps drops a lot but when i run task manager and close it then everything works fine again.Maybe is that some kind of virus?...
  3. destiny 2 randomly freezing in inventory plus FPS drops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    destiny 2 randomly freezing in inventory plus FPS drops: so when ever i enter my inventory the frame rate just drops, even when checking the details of my gun it freezes for a bit specs here: https://pastebin.com/iy7Re6eQ...
  4. FPS Drops

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FPS Drops: Hello! I have a windows 10 laptop and when I play games like Roblox, it always does fps drops and thats so annoying because i cant play games smoothly. Any tips to help fix fps drops without disabling the game dvr because I always use that and they say if i disable it the...
  5. Random freezes/FPS drops in games only on windows, No idea why!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random freezes/FPS drops in games only on windows, No idea why!: My laptop is Asus ROG Zephyrus G GA502DU and the games/applications I run usually run super smooth with random unexplained freezes. In games, my frame rate drops to like 5-10 after being at 200 with ease. I play games like CSGO, minecraft, and some single player games. Its...
  6. FPS drop!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS drop!: Hello folks! at first i want to know does fps drops due to network issues? if not then i just reset my PC 2 times still my fps gets drop. And if network issue is the thing then what should i do?...
  7. Random big fps drops in games

Random big fps drops in games: I have a huge problem, my fps randomly drops to 15-40 fps just out of nowhere. This has been happening for three months now (and I'm posting about this just now lmao) and I still don't know what's going on. I usually play games that meet my PC specs, but most of them I play...
  8. Random FPS drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random FPS drop: Hello there, Now my problem started a month ago in April, the games that were working fine earlier started having some sudden FPS drops, the drops were for some seconds and then again the games used to come in normal condition. This problem was occurring in many games...
  9. WATCHDOG_ERROR - BSOD - FPS Dropping in games' with Random Freezes.

WATCHDOG_ERROR - BSOD - FPS Dropping in games' with Random Freezes.: Hi All, - PC SPECS AT BOTTOM This is a long story, I have been having BSOD crashes constantly with my PC that is now 3 Years old. These crashes have so far been quite random and have some certain traits that are noticeable...
  10. FPS drop

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    FPS drop: Anyone know to completely remove the AMD Crimson drivers? Frame rate has gone to hell. Was pulling 42+ FPS in WoW with original drivers. Has now dropped to 10FPS under the AMD drivers. 35215