Windows 10: Random freezes and screen restarts

Discus and support Random freezes and screen restarts in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For the last month or so (maybe longer) I've been having this weird problem with my Windows 10 PC. My computer just randomly freezes and then the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/teutonicnight99, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Random freezes and screen restarts

For the last month or so (maybe longer) I've been having this weird problem with my Windows 10 PC. My computer just randomly freezes and then the screen goes black and eventually turns back on like 30 seconds later. I have no idea why this is happening. It's not restarting the PC because everything is still there when the screen turns back on. However, my web pages are sometimes messed up. Like a lot of the web page is completely white and everything is missing.

It might be related to the Edge browser because I always have that open with multiple tabs and usually multiple windows. Sometimes when this happens I hear about 3 weird 'beep' sounds in my headset when it freezes and the screen goes black. But that doesn't always happen.

My Chipset is up to date with the latest driver. My GPU (Vega 64 LC) has the latest recommended driver (not the newest optional driver).

I'm not using the new Chromium Edge browser yet. Uploaded my dxdiag file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mDbUZC0AeKduIW9R5pKgzVT6md1Acq_r/view?usp=sharing

submitted by /u/teutonicnight99
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/teutonicnight99, Apr 9, 2020
  2. vinsterX Win User

Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Apr 9, 2020
  3. random restarts

Hi,

If a Windows computer random restarts, the device usually have some damaged system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps was already performed to your laptop?

In the meantime, it will be best to make sure that the latest update of Windows is installed on your device. If the same issue happens after installing Windows Update, we suggest running the power troubleshooter. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search bar at the upper-right corner, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting and then select System and Security.
    • Click on Power and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Apr 9, 2020
  4. TIGR Win User

Random freezes and screen restarts

Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

TIGR, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Random freezes and screen restarts

1. Random freezes and screen restarts - Similar Threads - Random freezes screen

2. Random Freeze and Restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Freeze and Restarts: My pc is just freezes when I start playing a game or sometimes restarts but after that restart it performs fine in games. I don't know why this is happening my temperatures are normal. Sometimes it also freezes at startup i.e. at password time.Things I have done:Windows...
  3. Random Freeze and Restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Freeze and Restarts: My pc is just freezes when I start playing a game or sometimes restarts but after that restart it performs fine in games. I don't know why this is happening my temperatures are normal. Sometimes it also freezes at startup i.e. at password time.Things I have done:Windows...
  4. Screen Randomly Freezes and PC Restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Randomly Freezes and PC Restarts: Hi, All,I'm sort of at the end of my rope with this issue, as it's been going on for months. I've had the computer for around a year or so with no issues, and then a few months back every so often on start up my displayport wouldn't work--just no signal to my screens at all....
  5. Screen Randomly Freezes and PC Restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Randomly Freezes and PC Restarts: Hi, All,I'm sort of at the end of my rope with this issue, as it's been going on for months. I've had the computer for around a year or so with no issues, and then a few months back every so often on start up my displayport wouldn't work--just no signal to my screens at all....
  6. Screen Randomly Freezes and PC Restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Crashing, Blue Screens, Black Screens, Random Restarts, Freezing

Crashing, Blue Screens, Black Screens, Random Restarts, Freezing: I have done a few clean installs since it began. Blue screens are mostly Critical Process Died and System Thread Exception Not Handled. In safe mode I have done sfc scan, chkdsk, DISM, I have also done a few memory tests, and intel processor diagnostic tool. I downloaded...
  8. Random Freezes/Restarts

Random Freezes/Restarts: I have had this laptop for a month. It's supposed to be a gaming laptop. All drivers and windows are up to date. It's not over heating. All the diagnostic tools I've tried say the laptop is performing perfectly. Laptop randomly freezes or restarts. Usually freezes. Computer...
  9. Random: computer freezing, short black screens, and restarting.

Random: computer freezing, short black screens, and restarting.: Hello, I recently built my own computer just a few months ago, and I've been putting off dealing with this for a little too long. I have a few problems that I still don't know what's causing them and I'm unsure if any of them could be connected somehow. First and most...
  10. Random BSOD, freezing, and/or restarting

Random BSOD, freezing, and/or restarting: I recently replaced the mobo and the CPU on this system. I am getting BSOD and/or the computer randomly freeze or restart on its own. I did run the computer in safe mode for a whole day and did not have any of the aforementioned issues. Thank you for the help. 28683