Windows 10: Random freezes, BSOD while playing games

Discus and support Random freezes, BSOD while playing games in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I don't know but I have been going through a very weird problem with my pc. Basically when I boot my pc in the morning , while playing games it crashes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ishan Chinchghare, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Random freezes, BSOD while playing games

I don't know but I have been going through a very weird problem with my pc. Basically when I boot my pc in the morning , while playing games it crashes severely ,hangs, freeze sometimes BSOD or sometimes restarts by its own. On BSOD it gives message like video scheduler internal error, system thread exception not handled etc. This happens only once when I boot my pc after a long time 6-7 hours but then after restart everything works fine the framerates are normal ,the temps etc. and performs fine while I game. I can game for several hours continuously and nothing happens. But again when I bo

:)

Ishan Chinchghare, Aug 4, 2022

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 4, 2022
  3. barnieang Win User
    barnieang, Aug 4, 2022
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Random freezes, BSOD while playing games

Can't play Hit It Rich game and system freezes

Hi carmenstanley1,

Thank you for your response.

I can understand how frustrating it would be. This issue might be due to corrupted profile or if the game is not installed completely. I suggest you to follow these steps and let us know if it works.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Are you aware of any changes happened on the computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried playing this game on other browser (Google chrome or Mozilla) and check for the issue?

Step 1: Uninstall or Repair the game.

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
    3. Right click on the Hit it Rich app > Select Repair or uninstall it.
    4. Reinstall the application and check for the issue.

Step 2: Create a new local account.

The reason might be due to user account corruption, so I would suggest you to ‘Create
    a local user or administrator account’
    and check if the issue persists.

Note: You will not see all your files under your default file location.
    So your data will be saved under C:\Users\User_name.

If you are facing issues with freezing, I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps on
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Aug 4, 2022
Thema:

Random freezes, BSOD while playing games

1. Random freezes, BSOD while playing games - Similar Threads - Random freezes BSOD

2. random BSODs and crashing while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    random BSODs and crashing while playing games: When I play games like Rainbow Six Siege my games either randomly crash or I just get a BSOD. I have used the Driver Verifier to find out the issue.Here is the MiniDump: 070723-13640-01.dmp...
  3. random BSODs and crashing while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    random BSODs and crashing while playing games: When I play games like Rainbow Six Siege my games either randomly crash or I just get a BSOD. I have used the Driver Verifier to find out the issue.Here is the MiniDump: 070723-13640-01.dmp...
  4. Random freezes, BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random freezes, BSOD while playing games: I don't know but I have been going through a very weird problem with my pc. Basically when I boot my pc in the morning , while playing games it crashes severely ,hangs, freeze sometimes BSOD or sometimes restarts by its own. On BSOD it gives message like video scheduler...
  5. Random freezes, BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random freezes, BSOD while playing games: I don't know but I have been going through a very weird problem with my pc. Basically when I boot my pc in the morning , while playing games it crashes severely ,hangs, freeze sometimes BSOD or sometimes restarts by its own. On BSOD it gives message like video scheduler...
  6. Randomly BSOD Playing Game While Streaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Randomly BSOD Playing Game While Streaming: i built my computer two years ago. i havent got any problem. But yesterday i update my graphic card driver. Today when i play game on stream my computer freeze than reset. i wanna sure problem is graphic card driver. there is dxdiag here there are 3 dump files. 1 2 3 there...
  7. Random BSOD while playing games (repost)

Random BSOD while playing games (repost): Hello. I have been struggling with this for a long time, but I have not asked for help until now. Im having this bluescreen while playing games. It does not happen every time I play games, but It happens. The bluescreen really likes to come when Im playing havy games such as...
  8. BSOD Randomly (but mostly while playing games)

BSOD Randomly (but mostly while playing games): Hey guys. After installing a new graphics card (msi gtx 1050 ti oc ) on my pc my pc started to make bleeping noises then freezing for a moment. I noticed during this the hard drive was not doing anything (the led of in pc case). This started to get more and more frequent and...
  9. Random BSOD while playing video games

Random BSOD while playing video games: Hello guys, Before some weeks a friend gave me his Pc. So i format it and installed Windows 7, but it couldnt find any updates and got stuck in an endless search (already there i had 2 bluescreens). I solved this problem, through installing Win 10. The BOSD are quite...
  10. BSOD and freezing while playing video games

BSOD and freezing while playing video games: So the backstory: I played 7 Days to Die last weekend and had an odd freeze where everything locked up and the monitor suddenly looked like this: https://i.imgur.com/C9c5BGS.jpg I figured maybe it was an issue of graphics card drivers needing to be updated so the...