Windows 10: Random freezes/FPS drops in games only on windows, No idea why!

Discus and support Random freezes/FPS drops in games only on windows, No idea why! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop is Asus ROG Zephyrus G GA502DU and the games/applications I run usually run super smooth with random unexplained freezes. In games, my frame... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MaleficentAmount8, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Random freezes/FPS drops in games only on windows, No idea why!

My laptop is Asus ROG Zephyrus G GA502DU and the games/applications I run usually run super smooth with random unexplained freezes. In games, my frame rate drops to like 5-10 after being at 200 with ease. I play games like CSGO, minecraft, and some single player games. Its not a graphics/preformance issue, I lower the settings on CSGO to the lowest and I still get the fps drop. I also dont play anything too crazy or top of the line triple A games. My laptop ran fine for an entire year and then suddenly this started to happen. I run minecraft on my linux installation on a separate SSD and I do not get the sudden/random freezes or FPS drops. I checked task manger on windows, and no CPU/GPU spikes either. Temperature while gaming is usually in the 75-90 C range. It used to be like that before the freezes though so I don't see why it would be the problem now. I even wiped my windows installation clean, twice. And to no avail.

How the hell do I solve this?

submitted by /u/MaleficentAmount8
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MaleficentAmount8, Dec 31, 2020

2. Random FPS Drops on Windows 10

So, this has only happened on windows 10. Every single game i can play on my laptop always has this random FPS drops.

It is like when im playing the game and it handles normally. Then randomly a FPS drop happenes. Which makes my experience with the game worse. After the FPS drop, it goes back to normal. And it repeats. (FPS drop stays for a lot of minutes, and the normal
    doesnt.)

Any ideas? Please tell me if you know or find out!

EmonPlaysEveryThingy -YA, Dec 31, 2020
  3. Random big fps drops in games

SOLVED IT: I have a cosmetic app to give me a nicer look to my desktop, and apparently it was the source of my closed problem. I closed it and disabled it on startup and I no longer have fps drops.

I have a huge problem, my fps randomly drops to 15-40 fps just out of nowhere. This has been happening for three months now (and I'm posting about this just now lmao) and I still don't know what's going on.

I usually play games that meet my PC specs, but most of them I play on medium settings, and I don't believe that it's graphics or world rendering causing this because the fps drops even if I'm standing still in games, not doing anything and nothing is happening
    around me. It can't be the components overheating because their temperatures are going up to 45°C and I just recently cleaned my PC and put a new thermal paste on the CPU. The components aren't old either, I got new CPU, motherboard and RAM card this spring,
    and I kept my GPU from last november or december.

At first, when I got new components, there were no fps drops, they started somewhere in august this year.

I searched the whole Internet and didn't find the solution to my problem.

What I tried so far was:

• disabling game DVR,
    • turning off game mode,
    • reinstalling Windows (twice),
    • doing first two again,
    • searching for driver updates (my drivers are always up-to-date, I try to update the every week),
    • uninstalling some programs I didn't need and which I thought were the issue,
    • increasing the speed of RAM.
    None of that helped, the fps drops stayed, and I'm here crying in the corner because I don't know what to do, so please help however and how much you can, thanks.

Oh, and my PC specs:

CPU - AMD FX-8350

GPU - AMD RX550

8GB RAM 1833Hz

Motherboard - BIOSTAR A960D+V3

That One KIHA, Dec 31, 2020
  4. Random freezes/FPS drops in games only on windows, No idea why!

drop fps every game

Hi,

You can check Preeti Patel's answer on this
    link
    . Some users found her answer helpful. We suggest that you also try to follow the steps she provided and let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

Random freezes/FPS drops in games only on windows, No idea why!

1. Random freezes/FPS drops in games only on windows, No idea why! - Similar Threads - Random freezes FPS

2. Fps drop in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drop in games: so as the title says , i have been facing fps drops in games. for example sekiro which was working fine last year is currently unplayable because after say 5 minutes the fps drop from 60 to 30. I open up my task manager to see whats wrong and everythings fine. I checked using...
  3. Fps drop in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fps drop in games: so as the title says , i have been facing fps drops in games. for example sekiro which was working fine last year is currently unplayable because after say 5 minutes the fps drop from 60 to 30. I open up my task manager to see whats wrong and everythings fine. I checked using...
  4. Random FPS drop across all games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random FPS drop across all games: I was playing some Rocket League when I noticed that I was only getting 20 fps, which is unusual because I usually get around 80. Same in Fortnite too, 20 fps where I was getting like 90-120 fps. I did not install anything besides a few drivers updated and a BIOS update. I...
  5. Random FPS drop across all games

Random FPS drop across all games: I was playing some Rocket League when I noticed that I was only getting 20 fps, which is unusual because I usually get around 80. Same in Fortnite too, 20 fps where I was getting like 90-120 fps. I did not install anything besides a few drivers updated and a BIOS update. I...
  6. FPS drop in games

FPS drop in games: windows updates are causing fps drops down to 20 - 10 fps in games that used to run at 80 -100 fps. I have tried every single fix out there. i've tried several different graphics driver versions, reinstalling windows, even a complete factory reset . specs - Lenovo legion 5...
  7. Random freezes and drops in FPS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random freezes and drops in FPS: Hello! I recently installed a new graphcis card and in the same sweep, I ended up reinstalling windows. However, after about a week of playing on the new graphics card, my computer randomly starts to freeze and drop in FPS for several seconds. This happens both when I'm in a...
  8. Random big fps drops in games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random big fps drops in games: I have a huge problem, my fps randomly drops to 15-40 fps just out of nowhere. This has been happening for three months now (and I'm posting about this just now lmao) and I still don't know what's going on. I usually play games that meet my PC specs, but most of them I play...
  9. Random FPS drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random FPS drop: Hello there, Now my problem started a month ago in April, the games that were working fine earlier started having some sudden FPS drops, the drops were for some seconds and then again the games used to come in normal condition. This problem was occurring in many games...
  10. WATCHDOG_ERROR - BSOD - FPS Dropping in games' with Random Freezes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WATCHDOG_ERROR - BSOD - FPS Dropping in games' with Random Freezes.: Hi All, - PC SPECS AT BOTTOM This is a long story, I have been having BSOD crashes constantly with my PC that is now 3 Years old. These crashes have so far been quite random and have some certain traits that are noticeable...