Windows 10: Random Freezes & Lockups. SSD Issue??

Discus and support Random Freezes & Lockups. SSD Issue?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks In February this year, I bought a new 250GB SSD and a copy of Win 10 Pro. This was installed on the new drive. Version 2004 Build 19037.630... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ArthurDent, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Random Freezes & Lockups. SSD Issue??

Hi folks

In February this year, I bought a new 250GB SSD and a copy of Win 10 Pro.

This was installed on the new drive. Version 2004 Build 19037.630

Since then I've had random freezes and lockups - usually (almost exclusively I must say) whilst surfing the web using Google Chrome (version 87.0.4280.66) and also since updating a couple of days ago to 20H2 Build 19042.630.

Is it a Chrome issue do you think??

The pc will also (randomly) wake from sleep - sometimes several times in a day, sometimes it doesn't do this for a week or more and behaves 'as expected'.

I thought it was Ver. 2004 being a bit flaky, now I'm not so sure.

I'm wondering if the SSD is okay. This is nothing to do with Chrome (obviously) but I don't know why the pc is waking after a random period of time (and yes, 'fast boot' is disabled).

How can I test it - what programs etc can I run? I've run error checking and it found nothing. Similarly sfc/scannow has found nothing amiss with Windows previously although I've just run it again and it says it has repaired some corrupted files.

Random Freezes & Lockups. SSD Issue?? [​IMG]

The command 'wmic diskdrive get model,status' says everything is okay.

Similarly there's nothing of any concern shown in Crystal Disk Info (see pic below)

Random Freezes & Lockups. SSD Issue?? [​IMG]

I've run the WD Digital Dashboard and the S.M.A.R.T Short Diagnostic test and everthing came back fine.

Just running the longer, more detailed test now.

So, any further ideas??

Art

:)

ArthurDent, Nov 19, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User
    topgundcp, Nov 19, 2020
  3. GTS
    gts Win User
    SSD random freezing

my old ssd team 32gb sata random freezing, and have long instalation and extracing time for all installer....
    drive ssd still 30% from 32gb

4. xubidoo Win User

Random Freezes & Lockups. SSD Issue??

Random Lockups

any1 got ant ideas why i would suddenly be getting random lockups in games and in windows?

it just freezes and i cant even use the reset button,i have to press the power button to get out of it.
    temps seem ok around 38 - 42c idle and mid 50s under load ,when it locks it games theres no looping sound or anything ,just a frozen screen.

most of the pc was bought and built last August ,with the exceptions of the PSU + HD`s
    its been running at the spec listed since then and ive had nps until now

any help would be appreciated.

if any more info is needed just ask.

xubidoo, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

Random Freezes & Lockups. SSD Issue??

1. Random Freezes & Lockups. SSD Issue?? - Similar Threads - Random Freezes Lockups

2. Random freeze issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random freeze issue: A month ago, my pc started to freeze randomly, no specific situation triggers it to freeze. It starts by very slow performance followed immediately by complete freeze that requires a restart from the case Start menu won't open and everything freezes. I tried to: -clean...
  3. Random freeze issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random freeze issue: A month ago, my pc started to freeze randomly, no specific situation triggers it to freeze. It starts by very slow performance followed immediately by complete freeze that requires a restart from the case Start menu won't open and everything freezes. I tried to: -clean...
  4. Random freeze issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Random freeze issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random freeze issue: About 2 to 3 months ago i put in a new hard drive and a new solid state drive and moved my operating system over to my solid state drive, since then however i have had issues with freezing a random point and needing to restart my computer manually. I usually play alot of...
  6. Random Lockups/Freezing - even after reinstalling Win10

Random Lockups/Freezing - even after reinstalling Win10: Hi there, I'm getting random freezing/lockups of my entire PC. Have to hard reset my pc using the power button each time. Checked reliability monitor and its showing a "hardware error". I'll attach a screenshot of the details and the main screen. I don't know how to decypher...
  7. Windows 1809 Freeze/Lockup Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 1809 Freeze/Lockup Issues: What is the latest on this? Multiple posts on this in MS Communities but there seems to be no solution yet.Even with a clean boot and startups disabled it would freeze on boot and desktop and become unusable....
  8. Random Lockup/Freeze NO BSOD

Random Lockup/Freeze NO BSOD: Seeing as I don't ever get a a BSOD I took it that I couldn't post in the BSOD thread. Important thing to note is when it occurs. 1. Fail to start right from turning on (no BIOs splash screen). Although this is rare and has only happened a few times. 2. Lockup on...
  9. Random freeze of OS - SSD ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Random freeze of OS - SSD ?: Hello, I've recently build a new PC, but I'm having some issues. All components are new besides my SSD/HDD/GPU/DVD. I've updated all drivers + BIOS. My PC randomly freezes for like a minute, and then continues. I've stress-tested my RAM, SSD etc.. but nothing appears...
  10. Lockup - but Not lockup!?

in Windows 10 Support
    Lockup - but Not lockup!?: Having a very strange problem since the last update ... Every so often, but quite randomly my screen completely locks up - Now ... if I turn my TV screen on and off the lockup (90% of the time) fixes itself and I Can carry on doing what I was doing before it happened. So...