Windows 10: Random freezes on my laptop.

Discus and support Random freezes on my laptop. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Its been 6 months since I have bought a TUF FX505DT. For the past month I have been getting random freezes on it, which requires a hard reboot to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/malhar17, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Random freezes on my laptop.

Its been 6 months since I have bought a TUF FX505DT. For the past month I have been getting random freezes on it, which requires a hard reboot to get it working again. This began when I started using MS Teams for school purposes... And I thought that it was the centre of the problem. But it wasn’t. The freeze could happen anytime and while using any app. Like , I clicked on the start menu and it froze, While Refreshing desktop it froze, While using chrome it froze multiple times

So, in hopes of fixing this, I reinstalled windows 10, updated all drivers, reinstalled all the apps. All this in vain. I searched for all possible solutions but couldn’t find any that would fix my problem.

One thing that feels weird is that, I play games on this laptop for several hours a day and it does not freeze. This probably makes clear that the problem is not over-heating. It seems to be a software conflict. Pls help.

submitted by /u/malhar17
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/malhar17, Jan 7, 2021
  2. TIGR Win User

Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

TIGR, Jan 7, 2021
  3. vinsterX Win User
    Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Jan 7, 2021
  4. Random freezes on my laptop.

Random freezes or shut downs

Hrrmmmm... but wouldnt formatting and reinstalling windows fix the issue since the virus/trojan/spyware isnt on the system any longer?

forumsviewer, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

Random freezes on my laptop.

1. Random freezes on my laptop. - Similar Threads - Random freezes laptop

2. My Laptop randomly freezes then restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop randomly freezes then restarts: this problem happened a week ago. Even while I'm playing games or just watching YouTube, There is no blue screen My laptop just freeze audio go brrrrr and then it restart itself ,I have updated all my drivers, and I have the latest windows updates. I tried updating BIOs,i...
  3. My Laptop randomly freezes then restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop randomly freezes then restarts: this problem happened a week ago. Even while I'm playing games or just watching YouTube, There is no blue screen My laptop just freeze audio go brrrrr and then it restart itself ,I have updated all my drivers, and I have the latest windows updates. I tried updating BIOs,i...
  4. Random freezes here and there on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random freezes here and there on my laptop: For the past 2 weeks or so I've been getting freezes on my laptop sometimes they dont appear for a whole day sometimes they happen every hour I've been trying to solve it on my end but still getting freezes I've removed drivers on tht gpu to do a clean install use hp support...
  5. Random freezes here and there on my laptop

Random freezes here and there on my laptop: For the past 2 weeks or so I've been getting freezes on my laptop sometimes they dont appear for a whole day sometimes they happen every hour I've been trying to solve it on my end but still getting freezes I've removed drivers on tht gpu to do a clean install use hp support...
  6. Random freezes here and there on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. why is my laptop randomly freezing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my laptop randomly freezing?: Hello,My new laptop is freezing randomly and i guess the problem is from the HDD, before removing it i wanted to check if there is a way of fixing the problem.I installed the HDD when i first got the lapotp installed it myself, first time installing a HD, it wasnt freezing...
  8. why is my laptop randomly freezing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is my laptop randomly freezing?: Hello,My new laptop is freezing randomly and i guess the problem is from the HDD, before removing it i wanted to check if there is a way of fixing the problem.I installed the HDD when i first got the lapotp installed it myself, first time installing a HD, it wasnt freezing...
  9. my laptop is randomly freezing.

my laptop is randomly freezing.: hey there. my name's donald. and my windows 10 laptop has been freezing randomly since around august for some reason. it may have been an update that's causing it....
  10. My laptop freezes up randomly.

My laptop freezes up randomly.: For the past few weeks my laptop has been freezing randomly. I tried everything I could do like updating BIOS., checking for hardware issues and also checking the event viewer. Apart from seeing what went wrong I am not able to find out what caused it. It isn't caused by any...