Windows 10: Random freezes or BSODs (In windows drivers)

Discus and support Random freezes or BSODs (In windows drivers) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Also I have updated the BIOS (well backdated to the latest non bios version) it was straight after booting that when I got this crash. Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by buncieboy, Jul 24, 2017.

1. buncieboy Win User

Random freezes or BSODs (In windows drivers)

Also I have updated the BIOS (well backdated to the latest non bios version) it was straight after booting that when I got this crash.

buncieboy, Jul 28, 2017
  2. buncieboy Win User

Another crash, logs attached again.

buncieboy, Jul 29, 2017
  3. zbook New Member
    The win dbg was able to process the prior mini dumps but the mini dump today it displayed:

Random freezes or BSODs (In windows drivers) [​IMG]

It was not able to debug one of the minidump files.
    The bios information is now: BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. FD, 04/02/2013
    Is there only one thread or more than one thread?
    There was no photo of Memtest86+ with 8 or more passes.

zbook, Jul 29, 2017
  4. buncieboy Win User

Did this happen for both, if so is there nothing we can do?

yeah that's the latest non beta bios, the only other one is the beta version from 2014 (FEh)

buncieboy, Jul 29, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
    There was one that was debugged today but it did not find a misbehaving driver.

zbook, Jul 29, 2017
  6. Thats why the problem isnt a driver....

BSODHunter, Jul 29, 2017
  7. zbook New Member
    Windows driver verifier is still running.
    When it is done consider runing memtest86+ for 8 or more passes so that we can rule in /rule out RAM /DIMM ?

zbook, Jul 29, 2017
  8. buncieboy Win User

I will run memtest ASAP, until then is there any other steps/tests/action we can take?

Also "Is there only one thread or more than one thread?" What do you mean by this?

Thanks!

buncieboy, Jul 29, 2017
  9. zbook New Member
    Please confirm that there were no new bsod during the use of windows driver verifier.
    Please post the approximate duration of time that windows driver verifier was on.
    In an earlier post there was reference to memory testing and I did not see the results.
    So had asked about another thread in case it was missed.
    When you complete Memteat86+ it must be 8 or more runs. Anything less is inadequate testing.
    When you complete the testing please use a camera or a smart phone camera to take a picture.
    Please post the image into the thread.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-test-ram.html

zbook, Jul 29, 2017
  10. buncieboy Win User
    I turned on verifier yesterday, after the first freeze and before the two BSODs. Verifier was on for about 6-12 hours before the BSODs.

As mentioned before I have ran over 50 passes of memtest, I will run it again but I will not be able to for a few days, I can post the results then.

Is there anything else I can do in the mean time?

buncieboy, Jul 29, 2017
  11. zbook New Member
    Please post a kernel memory dump and an updated zip file.
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums
    For the memory testing if you can run it for as many passes as possible the better.
    It must be at least 8.
    Please make sure to use a camera or smart phone camera to make a picture and then post the image into the thread.
    Please post information about PSU, cooling, case, etc

zbook, Jul 29, 2017
  12. buncieboy Win User
    So the computer crashed again very quickly and is becoming unusable, as such I have given up any hope of using it and having started running memtest now, I will run it until tomorrow morning so I should be able to get a good amount of passes.
    The most updated zip file containing all the current dumps etc is available above.
    As memtest is running I won't be able to get the dump yet, unless you want me to cancel and grab it now?
    As for PSU I have a corsair VS650, a XIGMATEK Asgard with the default front fan installed and extra one for the rear of the case, the CPU itself (FX-8350) just has the stock fan on it.

buncieboy, Jul 29, 2017
  13. buncieboy Win User

Memtest had passed 12 passes without any errors this morning, will post the picture when I'm back, what's the next step?
    Thanks again for the help!

buncieboy, Jul 30, 2017
  14. buncieboy Win User
    So I came home and the power has gone out, however as mentioned previously it had passed 12 with no errors. Sorry I can't post the photo *Sad

buncieboy, Jul 30, 2017
  15. zbook New Member
    Please follow up with all of the information in post #40
    Post the memory.dmp, an updated zip, and post information about psu, cooling, and case.
    Then stress test the hardware.

Choose one of the temperature monitoring software applications: Speecy, HW monitor, Speed fan:
    Speccy - Free Download - Piriform: Speccy - System Information - Free Download

HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID: HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID

SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer: SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer

1) FurMark - GPU Stress Test
    Please make note of the importance of temperature monitoring and aborting the test in the GPU link.

FurMark - GPU Stress Test Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials:
    FurMark - GPU Stress Test Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

All of these test should be done with the bios reset and no over clocking.

For each of the above tests please record maximum temperatures.

And please make sure that you use the Microsoft snipping tool to post images of each into the thread.
    Take Screenshot in Windows 10 Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

zbook, Jul 30, 2017
Thema:

1. Random freezes or BSODs (In windows drivers) - Similar Threads - Random freezes BSODs

2. Random bsods and freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random bsods and freezing: I'm getting random bsods and occasionally my PC will freeze so that I have to manually power it off. I've tried resetting windows, updating drivers, rolling back drivers, etc. Here is a folder with a few of the most recent dump files:...
  3. Random bsods and freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random bsods and freezing: I'm getting random bsods and occasionally my PC will freeze so that I have to manually power it off. I've tried resetting windows, updating drivers, rolling back drivers, etc. Here is a folder with a few of the most recent dump files:...
  4. Random bsods and freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random freezing - Driver Verifier BSOD

Random freezing - Driver Verifier BSOD: So my PC has been having random, unexplained crashes for several months, but almost always when idle and when I'm not around - so I never get to see the BSOD. I never find anything in Event Viewer. Today I ran Driver Verifier which finally forced the faulting driver to BSOD...
  6. Random BSOD and freezing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random BSOD and freezing: I purchased a PC a month or so ago and have been experiencing random BSOD and freezing. It seems to happen any time as I can't find a trigger. I'm not doing anything specific other than every day use. The BSOD seems to happen at least a couple times a week and the freezing,...
  7. Random freezes and BSODs

Random freezes and BSODs: I have a Sony VAIO laptop, model SVE14A290X, which had Windows 8.1 installed on it. I waited until late December 2015 to upgrade to Windows 10, and followed all of the instructions and driver downloads given on the Sony website.But since then I've been having regular freezes...
  8. Random Freezes/BSoDs?

Random Freezes/BSoDs?: Hello everyone. I have recently been receiving constant freezes (hard freezes, can't do anything, computer is still running but Gpu fans stop, monitor freezes, controls lock up, etc.) and BSoDs. To add some backstory, this just randomly started happening about 4 months after...
  9. Random freeze and BSOD

Random freeze and BSOD: Hi, i have random freeze and BSOD with various errors. dumps as requested by stickythread are attached. i will provide more dumps when the problem will happen again. Thank you. The problem was caused by the motherboard (BIOS P1.90), it seems that does not...
  10. Bsod/freeze at random

Bsod/freeze at random: at random times my pc will get bsod or just freeze and i need to restart. 90% of the times i turn the pc on it happens after 5-10 minutes and can then be good for several hours later. don't know what causes this, anyone have an idea? 82593