Windows 10: FurMark - GPU Stress Test

Discus and support FurMark - GPU Stress Test in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: FurMark - GPU Stress Test FurMark - GPU Stress Test [img] Information Furmark is an intensive OpenGL benchmark that uses fur... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Ethelwulf, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Ethelwulf Win User

FurMark - GPU Stress Test

How to: FurMark - GPU Stress Test

FurMark - GPU Stress Test [​IMG]
    Information Furmark is an intensive OpenGL benchmark that uses fur rendering algorithms to measure the performance of the graphics card. BSOD analysts will recommend you use Furmark to test the performance and stability of your GPU if it is suspected of causing BSODs.

GPUs will generally fail the FurMark stress test if there is heat issues, insufficient power to the card, incorrectly seated power cables, the card is incorrectly seated or if the currently installed drivers are misbehaving, among other things.

Warning FurMark will put your GPU under immense stress, during this stress test the GPU temperatures will rise very quickly.
    Monitor the temperatures at all times, if the temperature continues to rise rapidly above 80°C it is advised to stop the test to prevent further damage to the GPU.
    CONTENTS:

INSTALLATION
    1: Download FurMark from the link below.
    Download
    2: Run the FurMark installer.

Note If prompted by the UAC click Yes.
    3: Click Next.

4: Click the I accept the agreement radio button then click Next.

5: Browse to the installation path of your choice then click Next.

6: Choose your Start menu folder. Select the Don't create a Start Menu folder option if you do not want one creating. Click Next.

7: Click Install. Once the installation is complete, check the Run FurMark button and click Finish.

RUNNING FURMARK
    1: Choose your resolution from the dropdown box then click Settings.

2: Select the following options:

Burn-in
    Xtreme burn-in
    Post-FX
    GPU temperature alarm
    Log GPU data

Click OK to close the Settings window.

3: Click on the GPU Stress Test button.

A warning will appear, read it carefully then click GO!

4:
    Monitor the output display closely for artifacts. If you do experience artifacts there is a problem with the card. Monitor temperatures very closely as well, if the temperature continues to rise consistently after reaching 80C prepare to stop the test to avoid further damage being caused to the GPU.

That's it,
    Gav.

Related Tutorials

:)

Ethelwulf, Aug 7, 2016

2. Blue Screen, Power Driver State Failure.

Apologies for not getting back.

Please continue to post back dumps and also do a Furmark GPU stress test:

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 7, 2016
  3. BSOD critical process died

Well not quite sure and do not want to scare you too,but it relates a graphics driver/card failure.

FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

Run furmark test,stop when the temprature exceeds 70 or you start having problems.

Reply back.

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 7, 2016
  4. smitty Win User

Question: how can i run this multi-threaded?

on my computer it seems furmark is cpu bound as it is running at 100% on only 1 core and barely making a dent in my gpu. my old ati radeon 4850 is nice and cool at max 65°c

anybody know of settings i can change to get multi-thread or another gpu stress tester that supports it ?

smitty, Oct 24, 2016
  5. mllapan Win User

mllapan, Nov 29, 2016
  6. Polo6RGTI Win User
    Updated version of FurMark is available.

Changelog
    Version 1.20.0.1 - 2018-01-23
    ! updated GPU-Z 2.7.0

Version 1.20.0.0 - 2018-01-18
    ! changed default thread affinity mask from 2 to 0. If needed, the
    thread affinity mask can be set via the command line option
    /render_thread_affinity_mask=...
    + added 21/9 resolutions: 2560x1080, 3440x1440 and 5120x2160.
    + added NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 5GB and NVS 810.
    + added NVIDIA Quadro P1000, P2000, P3000 and P4000.
    + added support of NVIDIA TITAN V.
    + added support of NVIDIA GeForce MX130 and GeForce MX110.
    ! updated: GPU Shark 0.11.1.0 and GPU-Z 2.6.0
    ! updated: ZoomGPU 1.21.5 (GPU monitoring library).

FurMark 1.20.0 Released Geeks3D

Polo6RGTI, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Similar Threads - FurMark GPU Stress

2. BSOD only with gaming and not in stress test

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD only with gaming and not in stress test: Problems: everything is perfectly normal except for gaming. Every time I launch a "recent" game I got a BSOD. Most of the time the BSOD happens when rendering tasks are starting. So basically I can get to the menu I start the game and just after loading I crash. It happened...
  3. BSOD only with gaming and not in stress test

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD only with gaming and not in stress test: Problems: everything is perfectly normal except for gaming. Every time I launch a "recent" game I got a BSOD. Most of the time the BSOD happens when rendering tasks are starting. So basically I can get to the menu I start the game and just after loading I crash. It happened...
  4. Screen artifacts with a lag sound; laptop restarts during Furmark GPU stress Test

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen artifacts with a lag sound; laptop restarts during Furmark GPU stress Test: Hi there,I recently celebrated buying a HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 15-ds1010wm laptop with 16GB memory, AMD Ryzen 5 4500U with AMD Radeon GPU, however after several days of using it the problems started.The most annoying thing is that my laptop freezes with a lagging sound...
  5. PC shutdown when userbenchmark.exe is running GPU stress test

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shutdown when userbenchmark.exe is running GPU stress test: I recently got a free 5-year-old workstation PC. The PC had OEM for Windows 8.1, I installed Windows 10. I was running userbenchmark.exe to see the performance of my PC. It runs fine until the 3D animations show up and it suddenly shut down my PC.I don't know the issue, I can...
  6. PC shutdown when userbenchmark.exe is running GPU stress test

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC shutdown when userbenchmark.exe is running GPU stress test: I recently got a free 5-year-old workstation PC. The PC had OEM for Windows 8.1, I installed Windows 10. I was running userbenchmark.exe to see the performance of my PC. It runs fine until the 3D animations show up and it suddenly shut down my PC.I don't know the issue, I can...
  7. PC shutdown when userbenchmark.exe is running GPU stress test

8. BSOD while stress testing my gpu

BSOD while stress testing my gpu: Not too sure what happened, I monitored temps while the test was running and everything appeared normal but suddenly got bsod during the test. Test had been running for about 30 minutes prior to this error. I will attach a copy of the dmp file below....
  9. Stress Testing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stress Testing: How can this happen to such an important and highly visible update? Was the update not thoroughly tested prior to release? I have a banking IT Audit background and am surprised this was not caught, because I would think this would be obvious during testing. Thanks....
  10. Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU: How to: Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU Prime95 is a freeware program originally designed to find new Mersenne prime numbers. Given the nature of Prime95 it is now widely used as a CPU stress testing utility to gauge the stability of a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. furmark stress test gtx 970

2. http://1.1m.yt/3kPqG9I.jpg

3. furmark run stress in base gpu frequencie