Windows 10: Random Freezes/Restarts

Discus and support Random Freezes/Restarts in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have had this laptop for a month. It's supposed to be a gaming laptop. All drivers and windows are up to date. It's not over heating. All the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlenaSzampruch, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Random Freezes/Restarts

I have had this laptop for a month. It's supposed to be a gaming laptop. All drivers and windows are up to date. It's not over heating. All the diagnostic tools I've tried say the laptop is performing perfectly. Laptop randomly freezes or restarts. Usually freezes. Computer will have just booted up and be ice cold with no programs open and will freeze. Screen tends to got pixelated/matrix-like when it freezes. Laptop will freeze/restart most often when trying to play wow, but also happens while typing in a word doc, or watching a video. Happens at random times as well, sometimes right after starting, sometimes after hours of use. Contacted HP, and they were unable to fix the issue.

Edition Windows 10 Home

Version 20H2

Installed on ‎1/‎12/‎2021

OS build 19042.844

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec1xxx

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 4600H with Radeon Graphics 3.00 GHz

Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.4 GB usable

Device ID B8F51815-4EF4-4564-9C40-EB1CA579D32F

Product ID 00325-81947-45903-AAOEM

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

:)

AlenaSzampruch, Feb 26, 2021

2. random restarts

Hi,

If a Windows computer random restarts, the device usually have some damaged system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps was already performed to your laptop?

In the meantime, it will be best to make sure that the latest update of Windows is installed on your device. If the same issue happens after installing Windows Update, we suggest running the power troubleshooter. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search bar at the upper-right corner, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting and then select System and Security.
    • Click on Power and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Feb 26, 2021
  3. vinsterX Win User
    Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Feb 26, 2021
  4. TIGR Win User

Random Freezes/Restarts

Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

Thema:

Random Freezes/Restarts

1. Random Freezes/Restarts - Similar Threads - Random Freezes Restarts

2. Computer randomly freezing and restarting?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer randomly freezing and restarting?: Here is the error Log info:Log Name: System Source: volmgr Date: 11/12/2022 11:11:04 AM Event ID: 161 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-PMTPH7H Description: Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation. Event Xml:...
  3. Getting random restarts/freezes

Getting random restarts/freezes: Hi there,I have changed my CPU almost 2 months agohad been running a Ryzen 7 3700x for over 2 years, and slowly but surely my PC got into restarts and freezes everyday.They occur randomly, system can run from 10 mins to 4 hours until it happens.Reinstalled OS from scratch on...
  4. Random Freeze and Restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Freeze and Restarts: My pc is just freezes when I start playing a game or sometimes restarts but after that restart it performs fine in games. I don't know why this is happening my temperatures are normal. Sometimes it also freezes at startup i.e. at password time.Things I have done:Windows...
  5. Random Freeze and Restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Freeze and Restarts: My pc is just freezes when I start playing a game or sometimes restarts but after that restart it performs fine in games. I don't know why this is happening my temperatures are normal. Sometimes it also freezes at startup i.e. at password time.Things I have done:Windows...
  6. BSOD, freezing, random restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD, freezing, random restarts: Hello, after upgrading my motherboard and RAM i started getting BSOD, freezing and random restarts. I took it into a shop and they factory reset the PC but then the issues still keep happening. I have reset to windows 11 3 times now and the problem still exists. I have tried...
  7. PC freeze and restart randomly

PC freeze and restart randomly: My pc recently randomly freeze and restart a few times, with following error:The previous system shutdown at 1:03:27 pm on ‎2/‎7/‎2021 was unexpected.The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding,...
  8. Pc randomly freezing and restarting

Pc randomly freezing and restarting: Hi my PC has been randomly crashing and restarting for a month and I have no idea what to do. No viruses are causing it as I have scanned my PC multiple times with windows defender and Trojan remover and just did a fresh re install of windows 10 last week to no avail. More...
  9. Pc randomly freezing and restarting

Pc randomly freezing and restarting: Hi my PC has been randomly crashing and restarting for a month and I have no idea what to do. No viruses are causing it as I have scanned my PC multiple times with windows defender and Trojan remover and just did a fresh re install of windows 10 last week to no avail. More...
  10. Random BSOD, freezing, and/or restarting

Random BSOD, freezing, and/or restarting: I recently replaced the mobo and the CPU on this system. I am getting BSOD and/or the computer randomly freeze or restart on its own. I did run the computer in safe mode for a whole day and did not have any of the aforementioned issues. Thank you for the help. 28683