Windows 10: Random freezes

Discus and support Random freezes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Couple of days ago I started experiencing random buzzing sound (on speakers connected through 3.5 mm standard pin) and a freeze that lasted for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by archz2, Apr 28, 2018.

1. archz2 Win User

Random freezes

Couple of days ago I started experiencing random buzzing sound (on speakers connected through 3.5 mm standard pin) and a freeze that lasted for a fraction of second. To solve this trouble, yesterday, I updated my graphics card driver using the Geforce experience panel. I checked for windows update and there was nothing to be updated.

The driver installed was:

GeForce Game Ready Driver – WHQL Version: 397.31 - Release Date: Wed Apr 25, 2018

It made matters worse, my computer started freezing totally. I waited for 10-15 minutes and deep pressed the power button of the CPU to immediately close my PC. Using latest version of DDU graphics driver uninstaller in safe mode, I uninstalled NVIDIA driver.

Hoping an earlier version of this driver would resolve the trouble, installed the driver of following version by downloading from NVIDIA’s official website.

GeForce Game Ready Driver - WHQL
    Version: 391.01 - Release Date: Mon Feb 26, 2018

It didn’t change anything. My computer still experiences freezes all of a sudden regardless of whether I’m surfing the internet, working on a spreadsheet or doing some graphics work in Adobe InDesign. I do not have any computer games installed. Neither I installed any new software recently or did any hardware upgrade. The last hardware upgrade I did was in January 2018 when I bought a new 1TB WD hard drive because my last hard drive became non-functional.

Last time I updated windows was probably two weeks ago. Upon checking for the updates, it showed that my windows had all the updates installed.

What should I do to resolve this issue of random computer freezes?

:)

archz2, Apr 28, 2018

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Have the random freezes stopped?

Gerry C J Cornell, Apr 28, 2018
  3. What is the fix for Microsoft freezing at random

What is the fix for Microsoft freezing at random

CecilFrith, Apr 28, 2018
  4. zbook New Member

Random freezes

Windows 10 version 1803 is scheduled to be available by Windows updates on May 8, 2018.
    Downloads may be available on April 30, 2018.

Plan to create a Windows 10 iso with the next Windows build and then perform an in place upgrade repair.

If the freezing is fixed then you are set.
    If the freezing persists then reopen this thread or depending on the date open a new thread.

This is a link for the in place upgrade repair:
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade Windows 10 Tutorials

This is a link for the Windows 10 iso:
    Download Windows 10

Update the system specs:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Windows 10 Tutorials
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Include: PSU, cooler, case, peripherals and anything attached to the computer by wired or wireless (mouse, keyboard, headset, printer, xbox, USB wireless network card, etc.)

zbook, Apr 28, 2018
Thema:

Random freezes

1. Random freezes - Similar Threads - Random freezes

2. Windows explorer randomly freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer randomly freezes: From time to time, windows explorer will stop working, leaving me with the active window barely working, unable to use shortcuts like atl+tab, or altf4.After a while in vegetative state, the computer will reboot.A strong guess is that discord desktop is the culprit but it...
  3. Windows explorer randomly freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explorer randomly freezes: From time to time, windows explorer will stop working, leaving me with the active window barely working, unable to use shortcuts like atl+tab, or altf4.After a while in vegetative state, the computer will reboot.A strong guess is that discord desktop is the culprit but it...
  4. Windows explorer randomly freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random PC Freezes, EventLog 6008, Kernel-Power Event ID 41, WHEA-Logger event ID 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random PC Freezes, EventLog 6008, Kernel-Power Event ID 41, WHEA-Logger event ID 1: Good time of the day Experts.We are at the wits end figuring cause of spontaneous freezes and crashes of the PC. Sometimes when playing video games, sometimes even when logging into windows. Tried, what seems like everything: Updating video drivers, Updating bios,...
  6. Random PC Freezes, EventLog 6008, Kernel-Power Event ID 41, WHEA-Logger event ID 1

Random PC Freezes, EventLog 6008, Kernel-Power Event ID 41, WHEA-Logger event ID 1: Good time of the day Experts.We are at the wits end figuring cause of spontaneous freezes and crashes of the PC. Sometimes when playing video games, sometimes even when logging into windows. Tried, what seems like everything: Updating video drivers, Updating bios,...
  7. Random PC Freezes, EventLog 6008, Kernel-Power Event ID 41, WHEA-Logger event ID 1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Lenovo Ideapad 5 15ARE05 constantly restarting, freezing and blue-screening randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Ideapad 5 15ARE05 constantly restarting, freezing and blue-screening randomly.: This has been going on for a little while and I still don't understand what the solution is. No matter, what I do, even cleaning the dust out of PC, it will still randomly restart for no apparent reason. However, there are a few errors that I found in both "Application" and...
  9. Lenovo Ideapad 5 15ARE05 constantly restarting, freezing and blue-screening randomly.

Lenovo Ideapad 5 15ARE05 constantly restarting, freezing and blue-screening randomly.: This has been going on for a little while and I still don't understand what the solution is. No matter, what I do, even cleaning the dust out of PC, it will still randomly restart for no apparent reason. However, there are a few errors that I found in both "Application" and...
  10. Windows 11 PC randomly freezes without blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PC randomly freezes without blue screen: Hello,My laptop is suffering a serious situation that affect me quite a lot. This problem only occurs when my computer only running on discrete GPUcalled "dGPU direct connection mode" in my computer. Whether I am playing games, writing documents, or even just on hook, the...