Windows 10: random freezes

Discus and support random freezes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been having issues with windows 10 since my fresh install 3/4 days ago. at random times my pc will just freeze if there is sound when it hangs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kingkris232, Feb 17, 2016.

1. random freezes

I have been having issues with windows 10 since my fresh install 3/4 days ago. at random times my pc will just freeze if there is sound when it hangs it just continuously makes noise. this wont go away unless i hard restart
    the pc freezes mostly randomly, while gaming, browsing the web, installing software ,just rebooted 3 seconds ago it will crash.
    MOBO: MSI 970A-G46
    RAM: 8gb gskill 2133mhz
    OS drive: samsung evo 840 evo 250gb
    XTRADrive: 1tb WD drive
    G CARD : nvidia gforce gtx 970

I tried:
    updated all my MB drivers (the lan drivers and sound actually had updates)
    Samsung 840 evo ssd firmware update
    updating windows (currently up to date)
    google'ing other error related things and trying those solutions
    chkdsk passed
    REsults for memtest86+ 8 passes no errors

Im not sure if this is one problem or multiple.
    By that i mean when i look at the event viewer I see multiple errors at and around the time of freezing most recently:::: Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App failed with error: The remote procedure call failed....
    Also :::: Faulting application name: backgroundTaskHost.exe .........
    And ::::: Metadata staging failed .........

since my OP it has occured twice the 1st time 2 errors and 4 warnings
    errors
    ::Audit events have been dropped by the transport. 0
    ::Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container '{00000000-0000-0000-FFFF-FFFFFFFFFFFF}'
    the warnings are all related to loss of internet connection

Then crash #2
    no errors only 4 warnings
    ::The Network List Manager reports no connectivity to the internet.
    ::A connection to the Windows Update service could not be established.
    ::The Network List Manager reports no connectivity to the internet.
    ::A connection to the Windows Metadata and Internet Services (WMIS) could not be established.
    these warnings are the same warnings from the last crash

help on this issue is very appreciated.
    my DM log
    Attachment 64805

:)

kingkris232, Feb 17, 2016

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Have the random freezes stopped?

Gerry C J Cornell, Feb 17, 2016
  3. What is the fix for Microsoft freezing at random

What is the fix for Microsoft freezing at random

CecilFrith, Feb 17, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

random freezes

Thema:

random freezes

1. random freezes - Similar Threads - random freezes

2. BSOD and random Freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and random Freezes: Hello,I'm getting random crashes and BSOD. when my pc idle or using chrome/not having any apps active my screen will freeze and I can't do anything other than restart. If i leave pc on idle long enough i'll come back to BSOD and DPC Watchdog Violation Error. I attached the...
  3. BSOD and random Freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD and random Freezes: Hello,I'm getting random crashes and BSOD. when my pc idle or using chrome/not having any apps active my screen will freeze and I can't do anything other than restart. If i leave pc on idle long enough i'll come back to BSOD and DPC Watchdog Violation Error. I attached the...
  4. Non-Bluescreen Hard Freezing of Computer and Random Debug restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non-Bluescreen Hard Freezing of Computer and Random Debug restarts: Hello Microsoft community! Ive ran into what I would deem my opinion as a software issue. I noticed my pc that whenever iI am watching a video, playing a Game, or just standing idle on my desk that the pc would restart randomly, albeit 30% of the time would get stuck in a...
  5. Non-Bluescreen Hard Freezing of Computer and Random Debug restarts

Non-Bluescreen Hard Freezing of Computer and Random Debug restarts: Hello Microsoft community! Ive ran into what I would deem my opinion as a software issue. I noticed my pc that whenever iI am watching a video, playing a Game, or just standing idle on my desk that the pc would restart randomly, albeit 30% of the time would get stuck in a...
  6. Random lag spikes on pc lagging and freezing every few seconds ran a ram test and stopped...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random lag spikes on pc lagging and freezing every few seconds ran a ram test and stopped...: ran a ram test and stopped startup apps + used restore point but i still have an issue where my pc will randomly lag every few seconds and freezing for few as well...
  7. Random lag spikes on pc lagging and freezing every few seconds ran a ram test and stopped...

Random lag spikes on pc lagging and freezing every few seconds ran a ram test and stopped...: ran a ram test and stopped startup apps + used restore point but i still have an issue where my pc will randomly lag every few seconds and freezing for few as well...
  8. Laptop cursor keeps freezing randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop cursor keeps freezing randomly: Hi all,I am having an issue where my mouse cursor freezes randomly. Sometimes it's for a few seconds, sometimes it appears permanently frozen. While it's frozen everything else works perfectly fine - I can CLICK things with the cursor, and I can use the keyboard to navigate...
  9. Laptop cursor keeps freezing randomly

Laptop cursor keeps freezing randomly: Hi all,I am having an issue where my mouse cursor freezes randomly. Sometimes it's for a few seconds, sometimes it appears permanently frozen. While it's frozen everything else works perfectly fine - I can CLICK things with the cursor, and I can use the keyboard to navigate...
  10. Laptop cursor keeps freezing randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware